Poll: Would you want the Bengals to sign Jameis Winston as backup QB?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jameis Winston for backup QB 2021
(01-19-2021, 08:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Kinda missed the #2 thing, I aint lyin. But still, do you want a qb who lets another team back in the game?

I’d certainly prefer him over an Allen or Finley level backup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 08:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d certainly prefer him over an Allen or Finley level backup.

Hmm, I think that I'd be alright with Allen hanging on for a couple years.  He showed some decent arm at times, got a little quicker with his reads, etc.  Continuity with the team will only develop consistency and reliability, should we ever need him again.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I know Jameis was actually predicted as a potential backup for us in the middle of the season, but I think Zac and Co. are happy with Allen.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
No to Winston, I'd rather they picked up Fitzy.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 04:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote:  I like Allen tbh. 

Not sure how you can be in favor of Allen vs a guy who had been a full-time starter for 5 years and averaged 275 yards and 1.68 pass TDs per game with a better career completion percentage than Allen. The ONLY reason to consider Allen over Winston should be cost.

Sure, Winston has had his share of INTs, but Allen threw plenty of INTs too with Cincy (4 INTs in 5 games).

I'd take Fitzpatrick over Winston, but both would be better than Allen or Finley.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote