Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Roster Management Cont...
Can someone tell me why we are still carrying 2 kickers with 16 practice squad spots available?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Can someone tell me why we are still carrying 2 kickers with 16 practice squad spots available?

Waiting for Randy's calves to cramp again?
Reply/Quote
This gives me a chance to make a point stated by others and to ask questions of those who know more than me.

First, when you have a chance to land a generational talent like Burrow, why wasn't improving the o line the top priority this off season?

It makes no sense whatsoever to franchise a WR at $18 million- regardless of how much we all love him and appreciate his efforts, instead of using that money to buy 2 or 3 quality o linemen to protect your future.

I mean, honestly, what are the Brown family thinking??? Are they really this clueless???

The whole future of this franchise and staying in Cincinnati depends on protecting your future- and Burrow is the one and only hope for the future of this franchise.

Second, is Billy Price the slowest reacting lineman to ever play for the Bengals or at least in the top 5. He looked pathetic last year and this year guys are still making moves and blowing right by him.

How was this not appreciated before drafting him in first round.

How management did not appreciate the lack of quality on the o line but did nothing to address after getting Burrow is mind boggling.
Reply/Quote
What's worse Bengals67, I believe management and coaches genuinely believe in the oline and the development of Johnson and Jordan.

Sometimes it's coach speak, but I got the sense (like with Hart) they seriously believed.

They blew it, and our Franchise QB in typical Bengal luck, may pay the price.

Reply/Quote
When Paul was building teams from the trenches out, Mike was ____________.

Fill in the blanks.
The only wrong answer is "paying attention" so feel free to get imaginative.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Your weekly friendly reminder!

Troy Blackburn (March 2019):

“For those who say you shouldn’t have signed Bobby Hart, who is going to play right tackle? Who? Oh, maybe you’ll draft one in the third round and he’ll come on. Really? You’re going to bet your season on that? We may still draft somebody. We haven’t had the draft yet. But you just can’t criticize. In our business you have to solve the problem. If you’re not going to play him, tell me who? Trent Brown at $17 million? Really? A seventh-round draft pick? Let go essentially by his team. Really? We can’t go to WalMart and buy off the shelf. A high quality starting right tackle? That doesn’t exist (in free agency). You have to deal in the universe of options you have. We ended up signing eight guys. That’s probably above average. Were they perfect? You’re not going to get perfect. …”
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I mean, honestly, what are the Brown family thinking??? Are they really this clueless???

Yes. :andy:
Reply/Quote
I totally forgot we had the other kicker on the roster until I saw the inactive list. wtf
Reply/Quote
Looking back at he offseason, who did you want them to sign?

My list:

1. Ricky Wagner - thought he would be an upgrade at RT
2. Bryan Bulaga - same

I really thought that Jordan was taking a step forward and the left side would be OK. I still think it's OK and that Jonah will be a good LT. I also think XSF is a decent RG. It stinks that he got hurt. I think he will help when he comes back.

That being said, I can't for the life of me understand why we have Bobby Hart still playing.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Looking back at he offseason, who did you want them to sign?

My list:

1.  Ricky Wagner - thought he would be an upgrade at RT
2.  Bryan Bulaga - same

I really thought that Jordan was taking a step forward and the left side would be OK.  I still think it's OK and that Jonah will be a good LT.  I also think XSF is a decent RG.  It stinks that he got hurt.  I think he will help when he comes back.

That being said, I can't for the life of me understand why we have Bobby Hart still playing.

I bet won't nobody admit Peters after what we saw yesterday! 

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 12:56 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Your weekly friendly reminder!

Troy Blackburn (March 2019):

“For those who say you shouldn’t have signed Bobby Hart, who is going to play right tackle? Who? Oh, maybe you’ll draft one in the third round and he’ll come on. Really? You’re going to bet your season on that? We may still draft somebody. We haven’t had the draft yet. But you just can’t criticize. In our business you have to solve the problem. If you’re not going to play him, tell me who? Trent Brown at $17 million? Really? A seventh-round draft pick? Let go essentially by his team. Really? We can’t go to WalMart and buy off the shelf. A high quality starting right tackle? That doesn’t exist (in free agency). You have to deal in the universe of options you have. We ended up signing eight guys. That’s probably above average. Were they perfect? You’re not going to get perfect. …”
Mr. Imarriedintothis sounds a whole lot like Jim Mora and the playoffs.

Actually, he sounds like a whiny teenager...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Troy "I'm Just Happy to Be Here" Blackburn.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
They cannot let Burrow be sacked 8 times a game and hit 20 other times.

It would be better if we just handed off the ball to an RB 70% of time knowing we would lose game instead of losing/destroying the only hope for the future.

Tobin should be fired for his long standing ( at this point)  whiffs in first round and utter failure to get decent quality to protect the first round draft pick they completely lucked into.

Og, Ross, Price, Sample in second round- no wonder this team is so short of quality.

I truly do not understand how someone as bad as Price could get drafted in first round
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I truly do not understand how someone as bad as Price could get drafted in first round

When the target you really want goes a pick before you and catches you unprepared. 

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: They cannot let Burrow be sacked 8 times a game and hit 20 other times.
Even if it's only a scapegoat, SOMEONE needs to be made accountable for that yesterday. At least make it LOOK like you find that unacceptable.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:35 PM)bengals67 Wrote: They cannot let Burrow be sacked 8 times a game and hit 20 other times.

It would be better if we just handed off the ball to an RB 70% of time knowing we would lose game instead of losing/destroying the only hope for the future.

Tobin should be fired for his long standing ( at this point)  whiffs in first round and utter failure to get decent quality to protect the first round draft pick they completely lucked into.

Og, Ross, Price, Sample in second round- no wonder this team is so short of quality.

I truly do not understand how someone as bad as Price could get drafted in first round

Cause the Lions took the guy they were targeting (Frank Ragnow) one pick before them and they scrambled and for some reason in the scramble they didn't consider James Daniels who was a great center at Iowa and is a solid NFL lineman.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: When the target you really want goes a pick before you and catches you unprepared. 

When the guy you want is on the board with 1 pick in front of you and you roll the dice instead of giving up a 5th rounder to jump up a 2 spots.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: Can someone tell me why we are still carrying 2 kickers with 16 practice squad spots available?

And this is a big deal why?  Which one of those PS players is going to make a difference?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 03:46 PM)McC Wrote: And this is a big deal why?  Which one of those PS players is going to make a difference?

Have you seen the list? Plenty of options other than a Kicker. You want me to go through the list and name which ones should take his spot on the team?

What kind of question is this?

Keeping 2 kickers on a 2-16-1 team is...……. something else. If you or the coaches can't find anyone on the PS worthy enough to keep ahead of a 2nd kicker or a last place team then something is wrong with the farm system.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Have you seen the list? Plenty of options other than a Kicker. You want me to go through the list and name which ones should take his spot on the team?

What kind of question is this?

Yes.  Please do.  You act like this is such a catastrophic error in judgment that this kicker is keeping the solution on the PS, so it should be pretty easy to name that player who will solve it all.  Name that solution, please.  But remember, this must be a player who can be plugged right in to solve a big problem.  I'd love to hear that name.  And he'd obviously need to be someone who is ready to start right now but can't because the kicker is keeping him off the active roster.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote