Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porter facing fine, Burfict facing suspension...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620301/article/porter-burfict-facing-punishment-for-actions

Fire Marvin.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Porter accomplished what he tried to do and probably figured he'd be fined.. Flagged probably not, worth the risk to create another 15 yard penalty and win them the game. Either way players doing stupid stuff with that much on line is completely irrational and selfish.
Reply/Quote
So is the guy who hit gio getting fined as well?
Reply/Quote
This is ridiculous. Burfict's hit was incidental and happens hundreds of times per season, where a defender attempts to chip a would be receiver.

Somebody put a replay up of the damn play so we can analyze the shit out of it. Vontaze didn't do anything illegal.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
And what about ***** Shazier?

Horse shit. The Bengals need to submit a formal complaint.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:32 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: This is ridiculous. Burfict's hit was incidental and happens hundreds of times per season, where a defender attempts to chip a would be receiver.

Somebody put a replay up of the damn play so we can analyze the shit out of it. Vontaze didn't do anything illegal.

This. Although Burficts hit was illegal, I don't see how it was any worse that what Shazier did. And I didn't see Burfict dancing in the field while Brown was still unconcious, did you? This game has made me hate the Steelers more than ever. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:47 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This. Although Burficts hit was illegal, I don't see how it was any worse that what Shazier did. And I didn't see Burfict dancing in the field while Brown was still unconcious, did you? This game has made me hate the Steelers more than ever. 

This times 1000
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:47 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: This. Although Burficts hit was illegal, I don't see how it was any worse that what Shazier did. And I didn't see Burfict dancing in the field while Brown was still unconcious, did you? This game has made me hate the Steelers more than ever. 

I don't think it was illegal. Had contact been made shoulder to shoulder, nobody would be even talking about this play and no flag woulda been thrown. Antonio Brown's head dropped and unfortunately landed right on VB's shoulder. 

If the NFL has any integrity, Vintaze will be exonerated. 

How many times did Phil Simms Call out Burfict for being in the middle of something only to see, on replay, that it wasn't him?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I hope every Steeler player and coach suffers career ending dehabilitations against Denver.

Want them all to live normal lives, earn a normal income and grow to be old, fat, happy men. But I want them out of the game of football.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:56 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I don't think it was illegal. Had contact been made shoulder to shoulder, nobody would be even talking about this play and no flag woulda been thrown. Antonio Brown's head dropped and unfortunately landed right on VB's shoulder. 

If the NFL has any integrity, Vintaze will be exonerated. 

How many times did Phil Simms Call out Burfict for being in the middle of something only to see, on replay, that it wasn't him?

Shoulder to the head is still illegal even if accidental. Unfortunately. 

And yes, Phil Simms is an idiot. It sounded like he was about to cry after that hit. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:27 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: So is the guy who hit gio getting fined as well?

No.  I smell a bounty for that guy!
Reply/Quote
Difference is a coach can be on the field if he is tending to an injured player. If he is trash talking the refs need to penalize them on the spot. The hit by burfict is penalty by rule in the nfl. Blame goodell and the rulebook on that hit being a penalty. Even Harrison said it shouldn't be a penalty but rog told him it is when they had coffee and donuts in ny.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:28 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: Difference is a coach can be on the field if he is tending to an injured player. If he is trash talking the refs need to penalize them on the spot.  The hit by burfict is penalty by rule in the nfl.  Blame goodell and the rulebook on that hit being a penalty.  Even Harrison said it shouldn't be a penalty but rog told him it is when they had coffee and donuts in ny.

Unfortunately, the NFL is going to have a problem with the AFC North for a while.  If the calls continue to be "missed" when the Steelers commit personal fouls, teammates are going to get retribution in their mind when they can.  Unfortunately the Bengals will get called and be penalized.  Football is a violent game and when you have players trying to hurt players, dancing on the field after the hit and the refs somehow miss the most violent targeting penalty of the night this is going to continue especially with the lack of discipline the Bengals coaches continually allow.
Reply/Quote