Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portnoy says he's suing the Bengals
https://www.fox19.com/2023/11/17/class-action-lawsuit-against-bengals-coming-barstool-sports-founder-says/

Another whinebag. Maybe this is a life lesson Dave, don't bet 100K on sports (especially with the NFL's referees).
No chance he wins this, Burrow says he was wearing a compression sleeve to keep his arm from swelling on an airplane, which is something a lot of NFL players evidently do.
Reply/Quote
I saw the same nonsense on youtube.. https://youtu.be/B_rGG3_lafM?si=aWatqt64X756OLmq
I guess these schmucks don't know that the entire Brown family are Ivy League trained lawyers and they're part of an elite group of billionaires closely connected to the most successful sporting business in the United States. Don't get your hopes up that some ambulance chaser is getting anywhere with this..  Of course I DID bet $100,000 on Joe injuring his wrist. Too bad it was Monopoly money and I forgot to buy a ticket..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who cares why he was wearing it? He didn’t miss practice and he wasn’t limited. Maybe his wrist hurt. That’s not an injury. They all have hurts this time of year. What is ridiculous is the whole injury report is for gamblers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The Bengals had nothing to gain by hiding an injury they could simply have listed as a game time decision. Portnoy has shown himself to be a real Richard.
Reply/Quote
Yet another whiner that can't accept the risk of losing. It's called gambling for a reason.

Burrow could obviously play at a reasonably high level when the game began. Then he got injured and he couldn't. Portnoy made his bet well before any of this occurred. whether or not they disclosed a pre existing injury is irrelevant in his case. He didn't put the 120k down on Thursday night. He did it a week or so ago.

I get tired of people saying ignorant things to get attention.
Reply/Quote
Judge in the case is gonna have Portnoy undergo mandatory drug testing as a condition of still breathing when it's all over.. 
I can already see him putting Joe on the stand in court..
"Do you admit to having masturbated with your right hand as a teenager?"
"Sure."
"AHHHA! The SMOKING GUN!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Who in the hell is Portnoy and why should we care?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 08:51 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Who in the hell is Portnoy and why should we care?

Some moron looking for his 15 minutes of fame..Clock is ticking..

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 08:51 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Who in the hell is Portnoy and why should we care?

From his Wikipedia page:

Quote:David Scott Portnoy is an American businessman and social media personality. Self-styled as "El Presidente", Portnoy is the founder and owner of sports and popular culture company Barstool Sports.

Sounds like a **** to me.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Founder of Barstool Sports. He’s an insufferable douche bag. I like their hockey podcast (Spittin Chiclets), but that’s about it.

Florio has been on a tirade about this as well. Shocker, I know.

Reply/Quote
Think it's more marketing than anything... he got back what he lost in 1 day.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I hope he has to pay all the court costs.
Reply/Quote
I like Dave Portnoy. He's gone a little over top on the defending Michigan train but all in all he's pretty funny. I wonder if he really did put 100k on the Bengals. If so gotta love the belief he had in them.

He may have a case.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 10:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I like Dave Portnoy.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952qta31q5m9fl8bjrryh...y.gif&ct=g]

He’s had one controversy after another over the years. Including saying racist shit, treating his employees terribly, and even sexual harassment and misconduct.

He’s a scumbag.

Reply/Quote
The funniest thing about it is that the Bengals are run by lawyers and not dumb ones. They'll fight for every last dime with their lives. If Mike or Katie thought something would cost them a significant amount of money, they wouldn't have approved it.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952qta31q5m9fl8bjrryh...y.gif&ct=g]

He’s had one controversy after another over the years. Including saying racist shit, treating his employees terribly, and even sexual harassment and misconduct.

He’s a scumbag.

I guess I've just seen him on twitter lately and thought he was funny. I didn't look into it any farther than that.
Reply/Quote
Let me just drop this nifty literary joke/reference here:

[Image: 31433900294.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Burrow's QB rating was over 100 before he got hurt on Thursday. If Portnoy's right and he was doing that despite already being hurt: #1) I wanna know which doctor who got him ready for the game, because that dude/gal is a medical savant; #2) we should stop with the doom & gloom because Burrow clearly doesn't need an arm to perform at an All-Pro level and he'd better be getting ready for Pittsburgh as we speak.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 11:20 PM)tms Wrote: Burrow's QB rating was over 100 before he got hurt on Thursday. If Portnoy's right and he was doing that despite already being hurt: #1) I wanna know which doctor who got him ready for the game, because that dude/gal is a medical savant; #2) we should stop with the doom & gloom because Burrow clearly doesn't need an arm to perform at an All-Pro level and he'd better be getting ready for Pittsburgh as we speak.

All kidding aside. Because I do think this is a joke and obviously nothing will come of it. But what are the odds of there being a mini hand harness ( struggling with correct term ) conspiracy literally right before the game Burrow tears a ligament in his wrist? Is it that the NFL is indeed rigged and Burrow was trying to say what he can't legally say upon seeing this week's script? I'm kidding but the odds of those two things can't be as far off as they should be. 

Also we do all remember several games where Burrow was seen flexing his hand into a fist? I'm not talking about the bloody finger. But I feel like I saw that on a few different occasions. Is there a good chance something was missed by the team and they're physicians. We let the calf go as general soreness until it clearly wasn't. Were we looking at wrist discomfort the same way? I mean the hit by Clowney I'm sorry should not have done this and Burrow tearing something on a little pass to Mixon in the flat is mind boggling. I'm trying to think of a fitting analogy? A golfer tearing his shoulder on a 60 yard wedge shot? 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 11:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: All kidding aside. Because I do think this is a joke and obviously nothing will come of it. But what are the odds of there being a mini hand harness ( struggling with correct term ) conspiracy literally right before the game Burrow tears a ligament in his wrist? Is it that the NFL is indeed rigged and Burrow was trying to say what he can't legally say upon seeing this week's script? I'm kidding but the odds of those two things can't be as far off as they should be. 

Also we do all remember several games where Burrow was seen flexing his hand into a fist? I'm not talking about the bloody finger. But I feel like I saw that on a few different occasions. Is there a good chance something was missed by the team and they're physicians. We let the calf go as general soreness until it clearly wasn't. Were we looking at wrist discomfort the same way? I mean the hit by Clowney I'm sorry should not have done this and Burrow tearing something on a little pass to Mixon in the flat is mind boggling. I'm trying to think of a fitting analogy? A golfer tearing his shoulder on a 60 yard wedge shot? 

His wrist was fully extended to the limit of normal extension when the weight of both players landed on it. It’s so common it has its own acronym, FOOSH. Fall on outstretched hand.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD_DRI4gQXE9xllfBE4Yc...Q&usqp=CAU]

If you put a joint in a position of vulnerability at the extreme of its range of motion with sudden acceleration-deceleration with significant force and that is exactly how you tear a ligament.
Reply/Quote