Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portnoy says he's suing the Bengals
(11-19-2023, 12:10 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: His wrist was fully extended to the limit of normal extension when the weight of both players landed on it. It’s so common it has its own acronym, FOOSH. Fall on outstretched hand.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQD_DRI4gQXE9xllfBE4Yc...Q&usqp=CAU]

Oh yeah because I don't even want to venture a guess how much football I've watched and I've never seen this happen. Very very common. 

I'm sorry I must be in one of the stages of grief. But I just don't personally think it looked bad. I mean if that what was indeed what caused this we may very well be in a lot of trouble. The Joe Burrow era out with blaphla.
Reply/Quote
There is no way they can prove that this injury had anything to do with anything before that hit. No missed practices, looked just fine before the hit and the way it popped the next snap after he fell on it, it all points to being injured in game. These will go no where. It’s just the flavor of the week until games start Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:20 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Oh yeah because I don't even want to venture a guess how much football I've watched and I've never seen this happen. Very very common. 

I'm sorry I must be in one of the stages of grief. But I just don't personally think it looked bad. I mean if that what was indeed what caused this we may very well be in a lot of trouble. The Joe Burrow era out with blaphla.

FOOSH: What is It, FOOSH Injuries, Treatment and Prevention (webmd.com)

Quote:FOOSH accidents are the most common hand and wrist injuries.

FOOSH: The Most Common Hand Injuries Seen in the ER (advanceer.com)

Quote:FOOSH: THE MOST COMMON HAND INJURIES SEEN IN THE ER

Forearm Fracture Management in the ED: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Patient Education (medscape.com)

Quote:Fractures of both the radius and the ulna together are usually the result of a fall onto an outstretched hand (FOOSH) injury.

Metacarpal Fracture and Dislocation: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Functional Anatomy (medscape.com)

Quote:A direct fall onto the hand (FOOSH injury) while cycling, running, or skiing may also result in a fracture

Wrist Fractures and Dislocations: Background, Epidemiology, Etiology (medscape.com)

Quote:This is usually seen in a FOOSH type injury and is typically characterized by dorsiflexion and ulnar deviation.

Hand Dislocation: Background, Anatomy, Pathophysiology (medscape.com)

Quote:Dislocations of the MCP and basilar CMC joints occur most commonly with falls on the outstretched hand (so-called FOOSH injury) or the flexed supinated wrist. 

Elbow Dislocation Clinical Presentation: History, Physical Examination (medscape.com)

Quote:In posterior elbow dislocations, the patient often describes falling on an outstretched hand (ie, the FOOSH injury) as the mechanism of injury.

Acromioclavicular Joint Injury: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy (medscape.com)

Quote:A fall onto an outstretched hand (FOOSH injury) and a downward force on the upper extremity have also been implicated in acromioclavicular joint injuries.

Distal Radius Fracture (DRF) Imaging: Practice Essentials, Radiography, Computed Tomography (medscape.com)

Quote:It is usually caused by a fall onto an outstretched hand (FOOSH).

Clavicle Fractures: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy (medscape.com)

Quote:A less common mechanism for clavicle fractures is a fall onto an outstretched hand (ie, a FOOSH injury).

Wrist Dislocation in Sports Medicine: Practice Essentials, Etiology, Epidemiology (medscape.com)

Quote:The mechanism of injury for a wrist dislocation is usually a fall on an outstretched hand (ie, FOOSH injury) that results in a hyperextension type of injury to the wrist.

Scaphoid Injury: Practice Essentials, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology (medscape.com)

Quote:The usual mechanism of injury is a fall onto the outstretched hand (FOOSH) that results in forceful hyperextension of the wrist and impaction of the scaphoid against the dorsal rim of the radius. 

Scapholunate Torn Ligament | The Hand Society (assh.org)

Quote:A common cause is a fall onto the hand. Typically, the ligament is injured when the wrist is bent backward

TFCC Tear: Causes and Symptoms | The Hand Society (assh.org)

Quote:Tears from injury can come from: A fall on the hand or wrist

Have you heard of any of those?

Regardless of your feelings or experience level, FOOSH injuries are a very common mechanism of injury that results in numerous types of upper extremity injuries.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 10:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I like Dave Portnoy. He's gone a little over top on the defending Michigan train but all in all he's pretty funny. I wonder if he really did put 100k on the Bengals. If so gotta love the belief he had in them.

He may have a case.

Did a mysterious oozing sore open up in a place you don't want to tell anyone after visiting a "lady of the night". Did she make you feel comfortable because she had all her teeth but turned out she may have had a disease? 

Contact Portnoy & Portnoy! Protecting all the Johns of this Country!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My hand surgeon claims most wrist injuries are not caused by sports but by the simple act of tripping over your pet and landing on your hand

Florio on PFT has been pushing the lawsuit angle since Wednesday. But we also know how much he loves conspiracies and shear made-up stuff when it comes to the Bengals and JoeyB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 01:27 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: FOOSH: What is It, FOOSH Injuries, Treatment and Prevention (webmd.com)

FOOSH: The Most Common Hand Injuries Seen in the ER (advanceer.com)

Forearm Fracture Management in the ED: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Patient Education (medscape.com)

Metacarpal Fracture and Dislocation: Practice Essentials, Epidemiology, Functional Anatomy (medscape.com)

Wrist Fractures and Dislocations: Background, Epidemiology, Etiology (medscape.com)

Hand Dislocation: Background, Anatomy, Pathophysiology (medscape.com)

Elbow Dislocation Clinical Presentation: History, Physical Examination (medscape.com)

Acromioclavicular Joint Injury: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy (medscape.com)

Distal Radius Fracture (DRF) Imaging: Practice Essentials, Radiography, Computed Tomography (medscape.com)

Clavicle Fractures: Practice Essentials, Background, Anatomy (medscape.com)

Wrist Dislocation in Sports Medicine: Practice Essentials, Etiology, Epidemiology (medscape.com)

Scaphoid Injury: Practice Essentials, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology (medscape.com)

Scapholunate Torn Ligament | The Hand Society (assh.org)

TFCC Tear: Causes and Symptoms | The Hand Society (assh.org)

Have you heard of any of those?

Regardless of your feelings or experience level, FOOSH injuries are a very common mechanism of injury that results in numerous types of upper extremity injuries.

I'm positive I had one of these a couple of years back.  

I was watching games at my brother-in-law's house.  He'd built a new deck and had a TV outside on a nice evening.  I made the brilliant decision to walk off of the porch steps onto the deck in socks and slipped.  I broke the fall with my left hand.  It hurt for a couple of days, then either stopped or I got used to it. 

Now, I lift weights about 5x a week.  This means I grip a loaded bar with regularity.  I was worried that I'd have to back off for awhile.  Surprisingly, I was able to lift as normal at near max weights with no pain whatsoever.

Problem was, when I would attempt a movement that required me to apply pressure to a flat hand it hurt.  Bad.  I couldn't plank or do pushups without sharp pain.  Otherwise, my grip was great.  The pain went away altogether in 6 months or so.  No doctor, no significant disruption to anything, really.  
Reply/Quote
Portnoy comes off as a pretentious tool with his tweet.
Reply/Quote
Any lawsuit on this particular topic needs to be thrown out asap, especially from the betting world. Sports teams should never ever be held accountable from any betting company, agency, bookie, etc. The only organization that an NFL team should be held accountable by when breaking a league rule is by the league themselves, period.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Gamblers shouldn't whine because nobody cares.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
well, Burrow did play, and most players play "injured" to some degree. I don't know what the obligation is on the NFL/teams but he played until he couldn't so..
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 11:37 AM)samhain Wrote: I'm positive I had one of these a couple of years back.  

I was watching games at my brother-in-law's house.  He'd built a new deck and had a TV outside on a nice evening.  I made the brilliant decision to walk off of the porch steps onto the deck in socks and slipped.  I broke the fall with my left hand.  It hurt for a couple of days, then either stopped or I got used to it. 

Now, I lift weights about 5x a week.  This means I grip a loaded bar with regularity.  I was worried that I'd have to back off for awhile.  Surprisingly, I was able to lift as normal at near max weights with no pain whatsoever.

Problem was, when I would attempt a movement that required me to apply pressure to a flat hand it hurt.  Bad.  I couldn't plank or do pushups without sharp pain.  Otherwise, my grip was great.  The pain went away altogether in 6 months or so.  No doctor, no significant disruption to anything, really.  

Reading your explanation here, I had something very similar. I remember my wrist would feel fine until I had to do a bicep curl or anything similar where I had to keep my hand flat. It hurt for quite some time, several months. Eventually it just went away. 
Reply/Quote
What an entitled snowflake creampuff moron

He is the posterboy for what this woke society has become

Nauseating doesn’t begin to describe it.

Sorry. Rant over.
Reply/Quote