Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positions of need
(10-28-2019, 11:20 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've warmed up to this idea. My concern is with the top guys (Herbert, Tua) is durability (Tua) and struggles under pressure (Herbert). This offensive line is an absolute sieve and there is very little run game to help. If they decide to select Chase Young and go heavy offensive line in the draft I wouldn't hate the move. 

If the Bengals make big moves in FA to bolster their line, I would lean more towards QB in the draft but I think that speaks to the talent that Young has. This Bengals team is in need of a rebuild and the possibility of starting with a DE like Young instead of a possible franchise QB is attractive. I would just worry about when they'd get their guy because I don't believe Hurts is anything special. Perhaps Eason? Try to go for Lawrence in 2021? 

The bust rate of elite pass rushers is much lower than QB, if you are picking #1 you can't mess it up and that would be a can't mess up pick. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 11:20 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I've warmed up to this idea. My concern is with the top guys (Herbert, Tua) is durability (Tua) and struggles under pressure (Herbert). This offensive line is an absolute sieve and there is very little run game to help. If they decide to select Chase Young and go heavy offensive line in the draft I wouldn't hate the move. 

If the Bengals make big moves in FA to bolster their line, I would lean more towards QB in the draft but I think that speaks to the talent that Young has. This Bengals team is in need of a rebuild and the possibility of starting with a DE like Young instead of a possible franchise QB is attractive. I would just worry about when they'd get their guy because I don't believe Hurts is anything special. Perhaps Eason? Try to go for Lawrence in 2021? 

Why do you not include Burrow in your “top guys?”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 12:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why do you not include Burrow in your “top guys?”

Oversight in my write-up. He is a top guy, he looks absolutely incredible. I still have worries in general of placing a young QB behind a bad offensive line, but I would be very happy if they got any of those guys. 
Reply/Quote
Might be worth reposting this comment from Zac Taylor's introductory press conference.

Mike Brown Wrote:Zac is a guy who grew up on the offensive side of the ball. That’s where he coached throughout his career. He was a quarterback in college, so he thinks in that way. That’s the trend in the National Football League these days, and we’ll be following that trend.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote