Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Positive Vibes
Trust me, I'm as frustrated as anyone at this 2-3 start (0-2 in Division). Especially with all three loses coming on last second FG's, and combined with very questionable decisions by ZT & staff, but we are so damn close to this machine clicking.

Just keep the faith and WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Well the good news is the OL has been playing a lot better and the running game got better vs the Ravens. Also, our next 6 games are very winnable. I got faith were gonna get the offense out of 2nd gear.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Burrow hasn’t played his best yet either. If he starts clicking we could get hot like we did late last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I want to Jumbo, but darn it, we have to get started sooner! This waiting until the second half to get going is a killer. Did I hear on the Sunday night telecast that Burrow only has one 1st qtr touchdown pass in his career? That is just amazing to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 06:52 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: I want to Jumbo, but darn it, we have to get started sooner!  This waiting until the second half to get going is a killer.  Did I hear on the Sunday night telecast that Burrow only has one 1st qtr touchdown pass in his career? That is just amazing to me.

That shows how awful our initial scripted plays are. 1st quarter is our worst quarter by far.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
There have been flashes. They need to adjust quicker and keep the gas on and have a complete game. They can't continue to just throw away entire halves of offensive football.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 09:20 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There have been flashes. They need to adjust quicker and keep the gas on and have a complete game. They can't continue to just throw away entire halves of offensive football.

What's more depressing is they are wasting great games by the defense.  The way this defense is playing they should never lose a game, especially with the talent they have on offense.

If I were a defensive player I'd be ticked off.
Reply/Quote
The AFC is wide open. I could see 9 wins getting you in. We can go 4-2 in the division.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 06:52 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: I want to Jumbo, but darn it, we have to get started sooner!  This waiting until the second half to get going is a killer.  Did I hear on the Sunday night telecast that Burrow only has one 1st qtr touchdown pass in his career? That is just amazing to me.

That's just false. He only had 1 prior to the Jets game. 

Now, he has 2.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 09:32 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: The AFC is wide open.  I could see 9 wins getting you in.  We can go 4-2 in the division.

That's going to be really hard to do. That MNF game in Cle is going to be a BEAR. We matchup terribly with them. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 09:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That's going to be really hard to do. That MNF game in Cle is going to be a BEAR. We matchup terribly with them. 

Chubb and Hunt going to run all over us?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 04:54 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Trust me, I'm as frustrated as anyone at this 2-3 start (0-2 in Division). Especially with all three loses coming on last second FG's, and combined with very questionable decisions by ZT & staff, but we are so damn close to this machine clicking.  

Just keep the faith and WHO-DEY!

Yep. That Kansas City comparison really has my optimism bubbling for this team. We've shown we have the capability to make the Super Bowl and win it (if someone could keep Donald busy for 1 more second). This team is largely the same as that team, so let's effing get back there. WHO DEY!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Chubb and Hunt going to run all over us?

They've ran over every other team this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They've ran over every other team this year. 

Truth to that. Our offense needs to sustain drives to eat clock and keep the Browns RBs off the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:44 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Truth to that. Our offense needs to sustain drives to eat clock and keep the Browns RBs off the field.

A fast start would do them wonders. Get up by 10+ points and force them to throw the ball. 
Reply/Quote
It’s getting really hard to care

Something is missing from last year.

I just don’t have that Sunday excitement to watch is score less than 24 points again against a team that before they played us was pure TRASH.

The coaching on this team is worse than i ever could’ve imagined and Zac Taylor, Burrow and almost everyone but the D has regressed horribly.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
We need to run no huddle out of shotgun and let Joe and Joe/Perine go to work. We averaged almost 6 yards per carry out of shotgun on Sunday Night and kept the defense on their heals.

Easy fix in my opinion. Taylor just needs to stop getting in the way and let the players do what they do best.
Reply/Quote
It's frustrating to see close losses, yes. Of course. And for the team not to play to a potential we know they can. But I think most of the fan frustrations are related to the fact that we felt relevant last year and now it feels we might be slipping back into the world of being the butt of jokes. I think it's that anxiety that's getting to fans. I, however, don't think the players on the team see it that way at all.

But I think there are a lots of reasons to be optimistic about the team, and about the season. The team needs to win enough early to stay in the mix (they are) and peak later in the season when it's time for critical games and playoffs. A 17-game season is grueling, and pacing it as a marathon makes sense. I don't think the team is holding back for that reason, but I guess my point is that it's okay to take until mid-season to get to top form. The offense has the weapons and capability which we all know (just haven't seen consistently this season) and the defense has been playing very solidly. I'm not ready to throw the season away because the offense has had a slow start.

Quite frankly, I thought this year might be a little funny, and expected next year to be the one where we got back to the SB. Two years in a row there is hard to pull off. I figured competitive this year, playoff appearance, but not making it. And then instead of a SB hangover going into next offseason, it's the hunger of missing the game altogether. But I still think it is 100% possible to make the SB this year, and this team is far from out of the mix despite some disappointing losses in the first 1/3 of the season.
Reply/Quote