Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Positive takeaways from the Packers game
(10-10-2021, 08:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: They were always a 6-9 win team with 9 being everything going right an 6 everything wrong. I think they probably land right at 8 myself, but a lot can happen with injuries and such.

Lets also take into account how young of a team we have. Right now we are above .500. As long as we keep improving we 
should be around the 10 win count. But of course injuries occur, we didn't have Ogunjobi today correct? Kareem coming back
along with Larry O and the D should be really good. Davante Adams is the best Receiver in the NFL in my opinion and we 
should of taken him away and let someone else beat us if they could.

Coaching is my question, not the team, Offense is the problem. Lou has done well on D.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:47 PM)Tony Wrote: Evan McPherson nick name thread's will die now... That's a positive...

Was just about to submit "McDoink"

Only joking love that kid and still a believer in him 100%

'
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They lost to a NFC team. In fact both
Losses so far have been to 2 NFC North teams
The Bengals are 2 and 0 vs the AFC.
1 and 0 vs the North.
But in order to be in the conversion
For the playoffs the Bengals have win
Most of their games vs their AFC opponents.
So.todays loss they didnt really lose too much
Ground in.the AFC playoff race.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Davante Adams is the best Receiver in the NFL in my opinion and we 

Coaching is my question, not the team, Offense is the problem. Lou has done well on D.

Spot on as usual. The Packers only scored 22 points before overtime.
Reply/Quote
Positive we still can be tied for 1st if Ravens loss
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lets also take into account how young of a team we have. Right now we are above .500. As long as we keep improving we 
should be around the 10 win count. But of course injuries occur, we didn't have Ogunjobi today correct? Kareem coming back
along with Larry O and the D should be really good. Davante Adams is the best Receiver in the NFL in my opinion and we 

Sit down with A real pro,, whether its staff or player
They wont want to hear about postive takeaways from losses especially the way we seem to lose these games arguably in comical fashion all the darn time
The players dont want to listen to positive takeaways after these type of losses, so why hasnt the fanbase adopted the same approach
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So same with Dalton and Green then?

That's not an intelligent question. 

AJ Green is a legit top 5 pick and legit Pro Bowler. 
Andy Dalton is not. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:35 PM)impactplaya Wrote: They lost to a NFC team. In fact both
Losses so far have been to 2 NFC North teams
The Bengals are 2 and 0 vs the AFC.
1 and 0 vs the North.
But in order to be in the conversion
For the playoffs the Bengals have win
Most of their games vs their AFC opponents.
So.todays loss they didnt really lose too much
Ground in.the AFC playoff race.

True, it wasn't a bad loss at all. Tough damn NFC team who might be a Super Bowl contender.

We just need to take care of the rest of the AFC North and the AFC in general and we should be fine.

(10-10-2021, 08:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Spot on as usual.  The Packers only scored 22 points before overtime.

It was a good Defensive effort, just need to take away their best player like Belichick always does.

Davante Adams just tore us up. Waynes had a rough game man, but at least he played lol
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Was just about to submit "McDoink"

Only joking love that kid and still a believer in him 100%

'

How do you keep the faith after a day like that? 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:40 PM)Spider Wrote: Sit down with A real pro,, whether its staff or player
They wont want to hear about postive takeaways from losses especially the way we seem to lose these games arguably in comical fashion all the darn time
The players dont want to listen to positive takeaways after these type of losses, so why hasnt the fanbase adopted the same approach

We are not players....

We are fans of the team. We aren't making millions of dollars for the Bengals there Spider.

We need positivity more than anyone. Players need to look at their mistakes and learn from them.

We are here to support them.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:03 PM)Tony Wrote: It's actually a good game and Herbert is going off.. Its about to be tied at 42... Herbert Td!... omg chargers missed the extra point. 42- 41 Cleveland up

I know. I've been watching it. That team is legit. Lost by 3 to Dallas and then beat Chiefs, Raiders and Browns. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:40 PM)Spider Wrote: Sit down with A real pro,, whether its staff or player

There is a distinct difference between types of fans, being blindly positive, or those being realistic and borderline negative.

If you hear the snippets from sports players it seems they're always being critical until they win the ring, and that makes sense, but it seems a large percentage of fans don't want to hear any of that and don't get involved in sports to think about that.
Reply/Quote

Thank you for putting words to my thoughts. The only positive takeaways are wins. It has taken Zac Taylor 2 1/4 seasons to win NINE games. That won’t even get a team a wild card berth if those wins were all in ONE season.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:45 PM)Tony Wrote: How do you keep the faith after a day like that? 

...the same way we kept faith in Burrow after three straight picks against the Bears.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I know. I've been watching it. That team is legit. Lost by 3 to Dallas and then beat Chiefs, Raiders and Browns. 

I'm not trying to do a Herbert vs Burrow, but that Kid is seriously a top 5 QB right now... He's for real.. That was a great Browns defense he just carved up..
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:49 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm not trying to do a Herbert vs Burrow, but that Kid is seriously a top 5 QB right now... He's for real.. That was a great Browns defense he just carved up..

...and Baker Mayfield dropped 42 on the Chargers. That’s not easy.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So Chase is Great so far.. Burrow is Good... that is mine evaluation.. we just disagree...so i guess you sound like a Homer ... :)

Your opinion of Burrow is nil, nada, nothing. Flushed right down the toilet. It's not objective or fact based. It's striken from the record because you obviously hate him and wish the Bengals had drafted Herbert. You also hate him because he replaced Andy Dalton. 

From this point forward, there's no need for you to give an opinion on Burrow because it's never going to be positive, regardless of what he does, because you simply hate him. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's not an intelligent question. 

AJ Green is a legit top 5 pick and legit Pro Bowler. 
Andy Dalton is not. 

Chase is too right now.. question is where does Burrow fall especially being #1 pick in draft vs Dalton 2nd rounder.. where would we be without Chase this year ????  1-4  ? if you going to give Green all the glory and nothing to Dalton.. right now you need to give Chase the glory also over Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am sometimes a Homer and admit it. Agree with you so far though, Burrow threw some bad ints today.

The nice part is if he didn't we would of beat a SB contender no prob and he knows it...:)

Mr hater don't care. 

In their first 15 starts, Burrow and Herbert are so close, it's eerie. 

Burrow - 368 549 67.0 3957 7.2 24 11 94.2
Herbert- 396 595 66.6 4336 7.3 31 10 98.3

Burrow did most of it with a worse team. 

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 08:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There is a distinct difference between types of fans, being blindly positive, or those being realistic and borderline negative.

If you hear the snippets from sports players it seems they're always being critical until they win the ring, and that makes sense, but it seems a large percentage of fans don't want to hear any of that and don't get involved in sports to think about that.

There is a distinct difference between fans and players. Hope you understand this.

We can be positive about having a winning record for once after sucking for the last 5 years or so.

The players have to look at everything they did wrong and correct it as that is their job.

(10-10-2021, 08:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Thank you for putting words to my thoughts.  The only positive takeaways are wins.  It has taken Zac Taylor 2 1/4 seasons to win NINE games.  That won’t even get a team a wild card berth if those wins were all in ONE season.

Taylor is holding us back, that I can agree with but we need to stay positive as fans and fill the stadium to get more wins.

Fans in the stands win games. Guarantee if everyone gets down after one loss against the Packers and we start crying and not
going to games we start losing at Home. Negativism festers and breeds losers.
Reply/Quote