Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Positive takeaways from the Packers game
(10-11-2021, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chase should have had 200 yards yesterday.

First half he beat his man by three yards and Burrow underthrew him by 10.

He couldn't step into his throw because his pocket collapsed. He barely got it off.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:48 PM)Spider Wrote: If you want to accept mediocrity and are content with taking positives from another game they should have won but did not..
Then Its time to rethink the real problem with this team
Hyper Sensitive Fans that are content with the tam just playing well and having a Good OL shot for a win week in and week out...

For the love of god please cut the "accepting mediocrity" bullshit.

There is a HUGE difference between saying "I am satisfied with losing to the Packers" and saying "There were some positive things to see in the loss".

A football "fan" who sees no difference between an overtime loss to a Super Bowl contender and a 30 point loss to a losing team doesn't really know anything about football.  These fans will be calling for us to cut Chase and Burrow because we didn't win.

And from what I have seen the fans the squeal the loudest about how they "refuse to accept mediocrity" are usually living pretty mediocre lives.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 06:47 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Seriously disappointed (but not overly surprised) to come in here and just see a sea of negativity and petty takes. We came so very close to beating the Packers, and yes there were mistakes but just as many positives. This is a young team with a QB still rehabbing a major injury.

Chase sensational again, and more importantly that Burrow/Chase connection is special. Love to watch it.

Trey Hendrickson. Dude is balling and it's so refreshing to see a big time FA actually earning his money and rep.

Samaje made a number of nice plays and runs. Not the most explosive guy but v solid and dependable.

These are the points that stand out. Interested to hear others!

I haven't read nor do I plan on reading the whole thread, but I find it funny many (most?) on here were predicting a GB  win and just wanted us to do well and, yet, we take GB to OT and have a couple opportunities to win, which we did Bungle away, but still, we proved we can hang with a playoff, if not championship, contender so it's even harder to argue that our good start to the season is a fluke.

But, I've found that many Bengals fans would rather be miserable so even though they weren't expecting a win anyway, they're still going to ***** and moan about the loss. Go figure.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 08:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I haven't read nor do I plan on reading the whole thread, but I find it funny many (most?) on here were predicting a GB  win and just wanted us to do well and, yet, we take GB to OT and have a couple opportunities to win, which we did Bungle away, but still, we proved we can hang with a playoff, if not championship, contender so it's even harder to argue that our good start to the season is a fluke.

But, I've found that many Bengals fans would rather be miserable so even though they weren't expecting a win anyway, they're still going to ***** and moan about the loss. Go figure.

Cant be mad though....  Both teams left points on the field..

The back and forth misses was getting maddening at the end to the point i just wanted anyone to make it to end the game lol
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 06:48 PM)Spider Wrote: If you want to accept mediocrity and are content with taking positives from another game they should have won but did not..

Ok, let's assume that my being positive after a loss somehow means I accept medoicrity, what difference does it make? Seriously, if we ALL are upset after the loss does that mean that from now on things with the Bengals will be different? All of a sudden, the team now is going to win because fans on a message board will not tolerate medocrity? Bull shit. If you believe that, then you're a colossal idiot.

HOW FAN'S FEEL OR THINK after a won or a loss will have ABSOLUTELY NO EFFECT ON a team's won/loss record at the end of the year.

Getting mad/upset at other fans for their positivity makes you an asshole. You're not a "realist", you're not a "better fan"; you're just an asshole.

You don't have to be positive or optimistic; you can be negative all you want and spew your negativity all over the boards, but getting upset because some fans can look at the bright side of life is a YOU problem; one in which if you don't keep to yourself, makes you an asshole.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cant be mad though....  Both teams left points on the field..

The back and forth misses was getting maddening at the end to the point i just wanted anyone to make it to end the game lol

Me too. I was almost relieved when Crosby finally nailed his 4th attempt at a game winner.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They are good on their own, just better together.

Does Fifth Third Bank have you on payroll? Wink

(10-11-2021, 01:54 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Did we have any penalties for encroachments, false starts, or offsides?

None. Think GB only had the 1 FS as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 10:02 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: They will have to win by over-coming the disadvantages that come from upstairs and that starts with Mike and his stubborn streak, and the lack of scouting and the loyalty to a coach, etc, etc. 

Careful, you’re making it sound like you know how to run an NFL organization better than someone whose run one for 3 decades.
Reply/Quote