Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positives from last night
(10-10-2022, 11:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Our D is legit, we have figured out Lamar.

This takes it a tad too far for me. Lamar missed some deep shots, which I wouldn't deem overly characteristic. If he hadn't, there'd probaby be a different conclusion on that front.

Which is not meant to be read as the defese was bad and so was everything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We're playing bad for large chunks of these games and almost winning. I think that's a positive that shows our overall talent level of the team.

Obviously 4-1 would be better, but that's not in our cards.
Reply/Quote
Positive from last night? I did not suffer alcohol poisoning, and made it into work in a fair state of mind.

Sorry, that's the best I can offer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:45 AM)hollodero Wrote: This takes it a tad too far for me. Lamar missed some deep shots, which I wouldn't deem overly characteristic. If he hadn't, there'd probaby be a different conclusion on that front.

Which is not meant to be read as the defese was bad and so was everything.

IDK, making him take deep shots could have been what we wanted. Just last week Lamar had 73 rushing yards at over 6.5 YPC we held him to 58 at under 5 YPC. 

I compare this to the first season we played Lamar and he made us look foolish. Regardless of the "micros" doing what we did to lamer = Figuring him out in my book. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, making him take deep shots could have been what we wanted. Just last week Lamar had 73 rushing yards at over 6.5 YPC we held him to 58 at under 5 YPC. 

I compare this to the first season we played Lamar and he made us look foolish. Regardless of the "micros" doing what we did to lamer = Figuring him out in my book. 

That is a fair point. And yeah risking the occasional shot and taking away his wheels instead might have been part of an overall good defensive game plan.

It's just, had he hit those quite open guys we'd still give said plan not the same courtesy. And so I myself am only halfway there. Even more so since Jackson was without his No1 wide receiver, after all, his top WR was Duvernay. Very well possible that next time the exact same gemeplan leads to Bateman catching several balls over the defense's top.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I get the forum is toxic the day after a loss and I generally try to stay away. but due to the fact that some Italian got lost and bumped into a land mass 530 years ago, I got the day off and waiting for the temp to rise a few degrees before I get outside. So I get to read the forum.

Land mass?  Whatever

Do you mean some Caribbean Islands where most of the Native Indians were subjected to genocide?  Whatever

He never stepped foot in North America. 

Thus, you should go to work.   Ninja
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Sam Hubbard may be the best DL spy I have ever seen.

This team has grit, even in a losing effort.

This team will get better and win 50/50 games.

Rushing game, obviously.

OL looked better, both running and passing.
Reply/Quote
Mixon seemed to be getting some good YAC. First guy wasn't bringing him down. He also was looking for and finding some openings, instead of just running into the OLine's back.
Reply/Quote
We lost on a last-second FG, not get blown out by 35 points.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Perine ran really hard last night. He got good
YAC on those check downs .he deserves increased
Touches going forward.

Hayden Hurst was clutch.

The oline finally shown some physicality.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I get the forum is toxic the day after a loss and I generally try to stay away. but due to the fact that some Italian got lost and bumped into a land mass 530 years ago, I got the day off and waiting for the temp to rise a few degrees before I get outside. So I get to read the forum.

Last night was not a disaster. We lost at the last second to the team all the experts have pegged to win the AFC North and battle for the Superbowl. It was a primetime game in their house and we out-played them. So things I saw as positives last night and can help us moving forward:

Outside of RT the oline looked decent

Jonah got injured AND CAME BACK

Michael Thomas CAN catch the ball

Our D is legit, we have figured out Lamar.

Vonn Bell is playing at an All Pro level

Smajae Perine is a great #2 RB

Mixon was hitting holes

Any other positives? And please take the Zac Taylor talk to one of the other 15 threads on the homepage.

Hayden Hurst has resurrected his career here, that effort on the TD was insane. Love this guy. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 11:14 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The run game wasn’t working early and we stuck with it (as we needed to) and got it going. Good for Mixon and the o line. Good for our offensive play callers.

Defense absolutely held Lamar in check. I feel much better about playing him from now on after last year and following it up with this game.

I am now confident in saying I was wrong about Lou early in his time here. I had patience with most of the coaches but I wanted him gone several times. He has built a very impressive D in this offense happy league. He has guys like Awuzie, Bell, Pratt playing their best football and being huge pieces on a great defense.

The team keeps improving, even if it’s not easy for all fans to see. This was another step in the right direction. Keep improving each week and we’ll be right back where we want to be by the playoffs.

We are still right in the playoff picture.

Nice, well said. Was right there with you wanting Lou gone and glad we were completely wrong. This Defense is what 
will keep us afloat until the Offense finally gets on track. Wasn't an easy place for it to start getting on track in B-more
against a team we embarrassed last season. Was honestly a great game to watch, just hurts when we lose is all.

Thought we would lose, but still it always hurts. We will get them in our house and beat Pitt the next time we play 
them and we can sweep the Browns as I think we have revenge on our mind from last season. We will see, but there 
were a lot of positives in this game actually as Bfine and others have noted. Mixon getting going is huge along with the
OL starting to play well besides La'el. Still think the injury is bothering him, his pass protection is very questionable still
but he can be a road grader in the run game.
Reply/Quote