Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible 2021 Cuts
https://www.spotrac.com/research/nfl/2021-nfl-roster-bubbles-1132/#cb
There are some pretty good players on this list that could possibly help us next year. Who would you want?
Reply/Quote
AJ Bouye.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals love Cincinnati guys, and I think Rudolph would be a decent addition. Wouldn't be crazy expensive, and he's certainly a capable receiving TE.

I'm going to get some serious shit for it, but I'd love to see Joe Burrow throwing to Edelman. I'm not sure what his health is like or how much he has left in the tank, but a guy like him that's practically fearless over the middle paired with a guy as accurate as Burrow in that part of the field seems like a great matchup. Not sure he fits with Boyd still here, but it's an idea.

I like Desean, but he seems brittle at this point. He's kind of a pain in the ass, too.

Emmanuel Sanders is another like Edelman that just seems unflashy yet super-reliable.

I really think we need to get a vet FA receiver. There will be a lot of them and they won't break the budget. Use the draft for defense and o-line.
Reply/Quote
I would welcome John Brown and Nick Martin. I wonder if Hopkins could move to guard or could Martin to guard?
Reply/Quote
Tyrell Williams and Kyle Rudolph would be nice cheap additions to the team. Also it works for both of them because Burrow is an exciting peice to work worth. Would like to see a better list of guards out there.

As to the op this actually a useful list because it doesn't count against the comp picks in 2022. Good teams make a living getting these players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Nate Solder seems like someone they might go after.
Reply/Quote
Matthew Ioannides. Disruptive pass rusher who won't break the bank. DT size (6'3", 310) but played 3-4 DE for Washington. Missed most of last season with injury, but it was just a bicep, not a lower body problem.
Reply/Quote
Kevin Zietler could be a cut. The Giants could save 12 million if they cut him.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:00 PM)J24 Wrote: Tyrell Williams and Kyle Rudolph would be nice cheap additions to the team. Also it works for both of them because Burrow is an exciting peice to work worth. Would like to see a better list of guards out there.

As to the op this actually a useful list because it doesn't count against the comp picks in 2022. Good teams make a living getting these players.
Those would both be UNBELIEVABLE.  

A tight end like Rudolph would make Burrow's job a billion times easier and help against the tough defenses of the division.  It would give him a safety valve and also a weapon in the middle of the field that would keep the safety from being overtop of the wideouts, which would also make their lives easier.

Tyrell William is the playmaker and deep threat that we need, especially if we lose AJ.  Both would be amazing additions and help bring our offense to the next level!
(01-07-2021, 04:24 PM)J24 Wrote: Kevin Zietler could be a cut. The Giants could save 12 million if they cut him.

It would be GREAT to have Ziet back, especially since we're trying to build our line.  If we're going to attack free agency like we have been saying, then it's a possibility, and he's 30, so he might want to come here since he knows Cincinnati already.  He also knows that other teams most likely won't shell out big money for him, so it's possible that he could want to block for Burrow and have a chance at a few playoff wins.
Reply/Quote
The most amazing thing is a team (DEN) was willing to give Jeff Driskel a 2-year, $5 mill contract with $2.5 mill guaranteed. Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Matthew Ioannides.  Disruptive pass rusher who won't break the bank.  DT size (6'3", 310) but played 3-4 DE for Washington.  Missed most of last season with injury, but it was just a bicep, not a lower body problem.

Sounds good and it doesnt hut that he is Greek too!  OPAH!
need that Spartan "300" mentality  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2021, 05:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Those would both be UNBELIEVABLE.  

A tight end like Rudolph would make Burrow's job a billion times easier and help against the tough defenses of the division.  It would give him a safety valve and also a weapon in the middle of the field that would keep the safety from being overtop of the wideouts, which would also make their lives easier.

Tyrell William is the playmaker and deep threat that we need, especially if we lose AJ.  Both would be amazing additions and help bring our offense to the next level!

It would be GREAT to have Ziet back, especially since we're trying to build our line.  If we're going to attack free agency like we have been saying, then it's a possibility, and he's 30, so he might want to come here since he knows Cincinnati already.  He also knows that other teams most likely won't shell out big money for him, so it's possible that he could want to block for Burrow and have a chance at a few playoff wins.

All three would be day 1 starters for us next season and a + over what they currently have!
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2021, 12:01 AM)J24 Wrote: All three would be day 1 starters for us next season and a + over what they currently have!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ndpbfx288yt45dgey6...=giphy.gif]

They all would be BEAUTIFUL!  

It would be totally out-of-character for us, but the team says that we'll be active in free agency and I still feel like Mike Brown isn't calling the shots anymore and doesn't really care if we spend money on players and things to improve the team!  Maybe free agents will be excited to play next to Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Vernon Butler seems like the type of guy we'd pursue. I know we love former first round picks. He may still have some development room.

Dee Ford is another former first rounder that might have some ability there for cheap.

I've always liked Casey Heyward's game, but he may be a little long in the tooth.

Ertz and Randolph would be fun on a lesser contract, like people have mentioned before.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
The Ravens cut Robert Griffin III. I would not mind him as a back up QB. I can only assume at this point he's resigned to being a backup in the league, but feel like he's talented enough to start a portion of the season if needed.
Reply/Quote