Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Bengals/Bills trade?
(07-20-2018, 08:36 PM)HuDey Wrote: I respectfully disagree. Lafell is nearly 33, and doesn’t have much left in the tank. I believe that the more talented younger players will delvelop more quickly on the field now, rather than losing out on snaps while we wait for the wheels to completely fall off on Lafell.

Could be correct and if Ross is looking as good as has been hyped in minicamp it would probably be the best way to go.

Boyd had a very good rookie season, not like he hasn't shown anything.

There is going to be a gelling process anyways as we all know, sometimes it is better to get this over quickly rather than
waiting too long. We have seen this in the past where everyone sees something in a player and the coaches just wait too
long to make the change.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Brandon LaFell for AJ McCarron toward the end of preseason assuming the Bengals WRs are coming along and McCarron gets beat out by Peterman/Allen for starting QB.

I thought this thread would lead to getting McCarron back at some point.  To all the McCarron fans, he is gone. He wasn't going to replace Dalton and he was tired of riding the bench here.  Plus the big lawyer ending over restricted or unrestricted free agent.  Him talking with Browns owners and coaches before a Bengals vs Browns game.  Forget about McCarron back in Cincy. Get over it.  No way they are trading to get him back, and he wouldn't come back if they did. He would go to Candian Football before coming back here.  

Again, it remains in doubt how deep we are at WR. Ross hasn't done jack yet.  I can't say we have a great stable of WR's because it is all hype.  AJ Green of course is great.  Boyd came on strong end of season.  We need more than Green and Boyd in today's NFL.   Plus injuries happen.  Until Ross actually does something, he is still an unproven rookie who so far has been very injury prone.  Fast isn't enough if he can't handle the NFL defenses much tougher than college.  The fastest WR Bengals ever had was 1968 Olympic track star Tommie Smith of holding black glove in air during USA Anthem during Olympic medal ceremony. I saw him in person at Nippert and he was indeed fast. Problem was after every catch he was carried off field on a stretcher. So far that is how Ross career has started. No Time For Trades At This Point.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2018, 04:13 PM)kevin Wrote: I thought this thread would lead to getting McCarron back at some point.  To all the McCarron fans, he is gone. He wasn't going to replace Dalton and he was tired of riding the bench here.  Plus the big lawyer ending over restricted or unrestricted free agent.  Him talking with Browns owners and coaches before a Bengals vs Browns game.  Forget about McCarron back in Cincy. Get over it.  No way they are trading to get him back, and he wouldn't come back if they did. He would go to Candian Football before coming back here.  

Again, it remains in doubt how deep we are at WR. Ross hasn't done jack yet.  I can't say we have a great stable of WR's because it is all hype.  AJ Green of course is great.  Boyd came on strong end of season.  We need more than Green and Boyd in today's NFL.   Plus injuries happen.  Until Ross actually does something, he is still an unproven rookie who so far has been very injury prone.  Fast isn't enough if he can't handle the NFL defenses much tougher than college.  The fastest WR Bengals ever had was 1968 Olympic track star Tommie Smith of holding black glove in air during USA Anthem during Olympic medal ceremony. I saw him in person at Nippert and he was indeed fast. Problem was after every catch he was carried off field on a stretcher. So far that is how Ross career has started.  No Time For Trades At This Point.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2018, 04:13 PM)kevin Wrote: I thought this thread would lead to getting McCarron back at some point.  To all the McCarron fans, he is gone. He wasn't going to replace Dalton and he was tired of riding the bench here.  Plus the big lawyer ending over restricted or unrestricted free agent.  Him talking with Browns owners and coaches before a Bengals vs Browns game.  Forget about McCarron back in Cincy. Get over it.  No way they are trading to get him back, and he wouldn't come back if they did. He would go to Candian Football before coming back here.  

Again, it remains in doubt how deep we are at WR. Ross hasn't done jack yet.  I can't say we have a great stable of WR's because it is all hype.  AJ Green of course is great.  Boyd came on strong end of season.  We need more than Green and Boyd in today's NFL.   Plus injuries happen.  Until Ross actually does something, he is still an unproven rookie who so far has been very injury prone.  Fast isn't enough if he can't handle the NFL defenses much tougher than college.  The fastest WR Bengals ever had was 1968 Olympic track star Tommie Smith of holding black glove in air during USA Anthem during Olympic medal ceremony. I saw him in person at Nippert and he was indeed fast. Problem was after every catch he was carried off field on a stretcher. So far that is how Ross career has started. No Time For Trades At This Point.

You clearly didn’t actually read my post then because it clearly states that the circumstance would be McCarron getting beat out for starter in BUF (therefore making him a backup yet again but on worse team) and the other Bengals WRs actually coming along by end of preseason (therefore having enough confidence they can be as good or better than LaFell). You are referencing a trade made now, which is not what I said.

If you believe that end of preseason won't be enough to determine if any of the other WRs won't be able to show enough to convince the team (or at least you) that they could be fine moving on from LaFell, just say that instead. But if I could determine by end of preseason that the likes of Ross, Boyd, and Malone could be good enough to replace LaFell for snaps, I would look to make the move for McCarron because while I don't like McCarron as a starter, I think he's a better backup for 2018 than what the Bengals currently have on their roster. And LaFell would give BUF another reliable WR opposite Benjamin while Zay Jones is groomed for another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote