Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Bengals/Bills trade?
(07-15-2018, 11:55 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: One warning on O'Leary, every game he plays in, the broadcast team has to bring up his grandfather is Jack Nicklaus. It gets pretty annoying.

I’d be more impressed if it was John Daly.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 12:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I’d be more impressed if it was John Daly.

If that were the case, we'd have to get together and challenge him to some keg stands.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
sounds like it will never happen...
but imo, we need TE help….
Eifert gets hurt too easily..
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, people wanted Lafell cut when he was keeping such whizbang WR's like Rasuaun Simonise and Jake Kumerow from getting a chance to shine.  I'm not the president of the guy's fanclub or anything, but I don't think the fact that the Bengals dare to have a low-cost veteran WR is as damaging to the depth chart as others.  Time will tell.

If Boyd, Malone, and Ross prove themselves then what is the point of keeping Lafell? If he earns the #2 job fine but if he doesn't then it's time for him to go.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Other than AJ, we wouldn't get anything of value outside of a later round draft pick, or another lower level roster guy.

But if they were thinking of cutting Lafell for a youth movement, then try to get something out of him at the least.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 05:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If Boyd, Malone, and Ross prove themselves then what is the point of keeping Lafell? If he earns the #2 job fine but if he doesn't then it's time for him to go.

Nothing wrong with that, I just think some people want Lafell out so the younger guys get to play whether they've earned it or not. 
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 06:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nothing wrong with that, I just think some people want Lafell out so the younger guys get to play whether they've earned it or not. 

As long as it’s earned.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 06:29 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I bet you we trade ROSS in a surprising move.

Highly doubtful but remember He was on Marvin’s bad side all last year
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
If the young guys earn it then we can part ways with LaFell he is a lot of our production so we have to be certain.As far as TE goes I like how Kroft played last year guy took big hits and bounced right up for the next play missed this out of our TE spot recently. Schreck could help out in this spot if given the chance this preseason he looks like a natural at catching the ball.
Reply/Quote
The last game Bengals played I thought Baltimore had us beat. They were ahead late in game. Our weak O Line was letting Dalton get killed most of the game. Most quarterbacks would not have got up from those free full speed hits Baltimore laid on Dalton due to no blocking. I give Dalton credit. He stayed in there and NO QUIT as he pulled out a miracle 40 to 50 yard touchdown bomb to Boyd to win the game. You don't follow THAT game by trading Boyd to Buffalo for a player to be named later. It could very well be Boyd is rising to take the place of Jones and Sanu and give AJ Green some help on the double team coverage on Green. This was no small game winning touchdown bomb. It came against tough Baltimore Defense who we play twice again in 2018. This did not come against a weak team. Boyd beat the coverage and got deep and made game winning catch. Dalton with little blocking got him the ball. No way I break up the Dalton to Boyd right after this win in our last game.

Also, the 1981 Super Bowl Bengals had many good pass targets. You need that if you are going to win. You can't just have 1 or 2 good pass catchers against top NFL defenses. If Bengals have many good pass catchers, that is a good thing, but we don't know that yet. That super fast top pick in 2017 hasn't did anything yet and all fan excitement is pure hype. He has yet to do anything. It could be we aren't loaded at all at WR. This is no time to trade Boyd who came on strong end of season. Boyd may just be a rare Bengals draft pick who shows he was worth drafting. Seems to me every time Dalton starts to get the timing down to a WR, they end up on another team and then everybody wonders what is wrong with Dalton. If Dalton is starting to throw game wining passes to Boyd, don't take Boyd away from Dalton like Jones and Sanu.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2018, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I would certainly value a strong pass-rusher over a slot WR that was in the coaches doghouse (Harley?) last year, I don't give up on Boyd just yet.  As a second rounder, this is his big year before getting a possible extension or being able to walk after next season.  His value to the team should be very high, and I just don't see anyone else jumping out as a possible slot WR.  Erickson is a solid rotational slot guy, but Boyd should be one of the starting three WRs.

The big wait is injuries.  They are bound to happen.  We could go from loaded to paper thin at WR in no time.  I am really looking forward to the camp battles, and hope guys like Auden Tate, Malone, and Core can become solid options and the team can go four-wide looks and also spell Ross and Green from time to time.  

And I am so with you on the Bills and Vikings.  My other "backup" team (other than the Browns, and I know that is a downer for some) is the Titans.  I really like Mike Vrabel as a coach and like the way they have built their team.  Mariota still has a way to go, but I like watching them.

I would love to see a Vikings and Bengals Super Bowl.  

All great points, i definately get that Boyd should be coming into his own this year. Might be a bad time to trade him.

Yeah, i like the Titans too, they play physical, i like that. I want us to get back to this.
Reply/Quote
Brandon LaFell for AJ McCarron toward the end of preseason assuming the Bengals WRs are coming along and McCarron gets beat out by Peterman/Allen for starting QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 06:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy Dalton for Josh Allen

Yeah pass on that. Guy comp % that low almost never become effecient passers. A QB needs to be more than a big arm. I am all for upgrading from Andy, but no thanks to Allen. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion, I just don't like what I see.
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2018, 02:10 AM)kevin Wrote: The last game Bengals played I thought Baltimore had us beat. They were ahead late in game. Our weak O Line was letting Dalton get killed most of the game. Most quarterbacks would not have got up from those free full speed hits Baltimore laid on Dalton due to no blocking. I give Dalton credit. He stayed in there and NO QUIT as he pulled out a miracle 40 to 50 yard touchdown bomb to Boyd to win the game.  You don't follow THAT game by trading Boyd to Buffalo for a player to be named later. It could very well be Boyd is rising to take the place of Jones and Sanu and give AJ Green some help on the double team coverage on Green.  This was no small game winning touchdown bomb. It came against tough Baltimore Defense who we play twice again in 2018. This did not come against a weak team. Boyd beat the coverage and got deep and made game winning catch. Dalton with little blocking got him the ball. No way I break up the Dalton to Boyd right after this win in our last game.

Also, the 1981 Super Bowl Bengals had many good pass targets. You need that if you are going to win. You can't just have 1 or 2 good pass catchers against top NFL defenses.  If Bengals have many good pass catchers, that is a good thing, but we don't know that yet.  That super fast top pick in 2017 hasn't did anything yet and all fan excitement is pure hype. He has yet to do anything. It could be we aren't loaded at all at WR.  This is no time to trade Boyd who came on strong end of season. Boyd may just be a rare Bengals draft pick who shows he was worth drafting. Seems to me every time Dalton starts to get the timing down to a WR, they end up on another team and then everybody wonders what is wrong with Dalton. If Dalton is starting to throw game wining passes to Boyd, don't take Boyd away from Dalton like Jones and Sanu.

Andy should use Boyd MORE. The guy had tons of yards receiving and YAC at Pitt. Why waste a 2d Round  pick? Word is that he's "trending up" this summer. I think we'll see a lot more of him. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2018, 07:02 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Yeah pass on that. Guy comp % that low almost never become effecient passers. A QB needs to be more than a big arm. I am all for upgrading from Andy, but no thanks to Allen. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinion, I just don't like what I see.

Josh Allen compares a lot to Brett Favre who had about the same completion percentage in college.

But i agree, not a good start to becoming efficient and we all know that Favre threw the most interceptions ever.

(07-17-2018, 07:55 PM)Shady Wrote: Andy should use Boyd MORE. The guy had tons of yards receiving and YAC at Pitt. Why waste a 2d Round  pick? Word is that he's "trending up" this summer. I think we'll see a lot more of him. 

Could be a big reason why Boyd didn't show anything till late in the year was the weed bust.

He has the entangibles to be a very good Slot Receiver, he is quick, runs good routes, great hands and a Housh like body.

Just hoping Ross becomes who i hope, he could really open it up for all our guys if he does.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 12:49 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would rather cut Laffell then trade a young WR.

(07-15-2018, 05:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If Boyd, Malone, and Ross prove themselves then what is the point of keeping Lafell? If he earns the #2 job fine but if he doesn't then it's time for him to go.

As it stands the only WR after AJ who caught more passes than Kroft, Mixon and Bernard was LaFell.

For me, LaFell isn't going anywhere. Boyd was the third best WR, but 6th best receiver overall. Boyd was behind Bernard, Mixon and Kroft. Boyd had only 22 catches for 225 yards.

Those 3 were followed by Malone, Erickson and finally, Ross.

With his injury history (has only had catches in one of the last three years) it's hard to let go of LaFell on a hope that Ross stays healthy for an entire season.

Buffalo will be looking for a young receiver. That leaves out LaFell.

Let's face it, our young WRs haven't shown much production yet and haven't been able to beat out LaFell. LaFell is average but our young guys have been even less average.

Here's a shocker for ya: I'll send Ross to Buffalo for their 1st pick next year. Then I'd be taking a QB in next year's draft. How's that for stirring the forum pot?

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 01:53 AM)BengalChris Wrote: As it stands the only WR after AJ who caught more passes than Kroft, Mixon and Bernard was LaFell.

For me, LaFell isn't going anywhere. Boyd was the third best WR, but 6th best receiver overall. Boyd was behind Bernard, Mixon and Kroft. Boyd had only 22 catches for 225 yards.

Those 3 were followed by Malone, Erickson and finally, Ross.

With his injury history (has only had catches in one of the last three years) it's hard to let go of LaFell on a hope that Ross stays healthy for an entire season.

Buffalo will be looking for a young receiver. That leaves out LaFell.

Let's face it, our young WRs haven't shown much production yet and haven't been able to beat out LaFell. LaFell is average but our young guys have been even less average.

Here's a shocker for ya: I'll send Ross to Buffalo for their 1st pick next year. Then I'd be taking a QB in next year's draft. How's that for stirring the forum pot?
Boyd had a good rookie season though and started to play well at the end of the season last year. I personally think he is our #2 this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2018, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Someone needs to step up and take Lafell's spot before we cut him, i think both Ross and Malone will but
until they do you have to keep the experienced Vet who has chemistry with Dalton.

Just the way it is.

Exactly and hoping this is the year one (Ross) or two (Malone) do step up and surpass LaFell. 

But would certainly listen to trade offers if LaFell was who they wanted. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 09:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Exactly and hoping this is the year one (Ross) or two (Malone) do step up and surpass LaFell. 

But would certainly listen to trade offers if LaFell was who they wanted. 

Completely agree, like i said i think atleast one of these two will end up taking his spot, we just don't know how
long it will take. If we have a great Preseason from Ross, Malone, Boyd, Tate, Core and Erickson a trade could be
in the works that is for sure.

Until then we just have to keep Lafell around. He is a smart, dependable, experienced Vet.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 12:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, like i said i think atleast one of these two will end up taking his spot, we just don't know how
long it will take. If we have a great Preseason from Ross, Malone, Boyd, Tate, Core and Erickson a trade could be
in the works that is for sure.

Until then we just have to keep Lafell around. He is a smart, dependable, experienced Vet.

I respectfully disagree. Lafell is nearly 33, and doesn’t have much left in the tank. I believe that the more talented younger players will delvelop more quickly on the field now, rather than losing out on snaps while we wait for the wheels to completely fall off on Lafell.
Reply/Quote