Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Best Case Scenario
So Arizona supposedly considered making a run at Lewis last season.

IF they decide to fire their coach, or another team does and wants Lewis...the best-case part would be if Lewis takes all of his assistants with him.

That would force the Bengals to make changes that they likely wouldn't make otherwise?

Would Lewis do this? I don't know. He looks disgusted. It might be nice for him to prove he can win elsewhere that it was the management here causing him to lose.

This is probably a long-shot.
Reply/Quote
I assume Josh Rosen would retire and go into politics or something if that happened.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think Marvin's getting another head gig in the NFL. A couple of years ago, someone would've swooped him up. I just don't see it anymore.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Probably not. But, then I didn't think anyone would want Alexander.

IF Lewis does get hired, it's other teams betting that their organizational structure is much better than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Probably not. But, then I didn't think anyone would want Alexander.

IF Lewis does get hired, it's other teams betting that their organizational structure is much better than the Bengals.

I could see Marvin getting a one-n-done HC year elsewhere like Franco Harris in the Seahawks uniform, or Namath with the Rams...Oj with the 49ers, and so on.  Like Alexander, we will watch a guy who is worthy of decades here get nothing more than a cup of coffee with a real franchise.
Reply/Quote
3 of my teams COULD all change coaches within the last day if Marvin goes.

Miami, UCLA, and the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:48 AM)jason Wrote: I don't think Marvin's getting another head gig in the NFL. A couple of years ago, someone would've swooped him up. I just don't see it anymore.

Same here.

The rest of the league realized how much Marvin was handicapped by Mike Brown, but after three losing seasons in a row I don't see him getting another head coaching job.
Reply/Quote
I picture Marvin and his cohorts being transferred to the Cardinals like that guy in the Green Mile transfers diseases from one person to another...or something.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same here.

The rest of the league realized how much Marvin was handicapped by Mike Brown, but after three losing seasons in a row I don't see him getting another head coaching job.

I think if he wants to keep coaching, he'd be a bang up HC at the collegiate level.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Probably not. But, then I didn't think anyone would want Alexander.

If he gets another gig, it's probably a cellar dweller that is counting on him to rebuild them into a playoff contender, then dump him after the rebuild is done.
Reply/Quote
Supposedly Arizona wanted Marvin last season before he came back.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Supposedly Arizona wanted Marvin last season before he came back.

If the offer is there,he will be at Arizona.Believe that.He would jump at that.I mean its warm there all year.I would love to get out of stink,rain soaked insane ohio where it rains all the time.you go marvin and please come and get everyone here except our O-line coach,Frank Pollack.Keep this guy.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 04:05 PM)jason Wrote: I think if he wants to keep coaching, he'd be a bang up HC at the collegiate level.

Disagree I cant see Merv hitting the recruiting trail, sitting in some 18 year olds living room and trying to convince him it would be a good idea to go to his school and play football.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 05:07 PM)corpjet Wrote: Disagree I cant see Merv hitting the recruiting trail, sitting in some 18 year olds living room and trying to convince him it would be a good idea to go to his school and play football.

What if he brought his shovel with him?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Marvin Lewis will be "promoted" to the Front Office as assistant GM or go to another team as DC. He is a very capable DC.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 11:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So Arizona supposedly considered making a run at Lewis last season.

IF they decide to fire their coach, or another team does and wants Lewis...the best-case part would be if Lewis takes all of his assistants with him.

That would force the Bengals to make changes that they likely wouldn't make otherwise?

Would Lewis do this? I don't know. He looks disgusted. It might be nice for him to prove he can win elsewhere that it was the management here causing him to lose.

This is probably a long-shot.

ML will need convinced to give up his 6 million dollar salary for 2019, it is guaranteed. If he goes someone else, he has to void the Bengals contract and let MB off the hook.

I don't see it happening in 2019, maybe in 2020 after ML takes a 1 year paid vacation thanks to MB
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote