Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Free Agents Bengals could look at.
After Marvin's presser today, he stated that we need to be more aggressive in pursuing talent from other teams via free agency. What do you think is realistic? Full on ballers in Free Agency or 'kick some tires' and wait for sloppy seconds?

List your free agents you would like the Bengals to grab or who you think is a realistic target (please keep this on topic).

Kenny Vaccaro, S, Saints: 2017 Stats - 60 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 3 INT's

NaVorro Bowman, ILB, Raiders: 2017 Stats - 128 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 INT

Dontari Poe, DT, Falcons: 2017 Stats - 39 Tackles, 10 QB Hits, 3 Sacks

Luke Joeckel, OG, Seahawks

Not Russell Bodine
Reply/Quote
Beat me to the topic. Here’s mine:

Andrew Norwell, g, Carolina

Zach Brown, lb, Washington

Trey Burton, te, Philadelphia

Could look at vaccaro or Eric Reid but they may be more name than game at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All in for Zach Brown- Lb and Ryan Jensen- Oc. Would also take a look at Eric Reid- S and Greg Robinson- Ot. Who knows who our oline coach will be. Maybe Robinson could be another 1st round redemption project.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:20 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Beat me to the topic.  Here’s mine:

Andrew Norwell, g, Carolina

Zach Brown, lb, Washington

Trey Burton, te, Philadelphia

Could look at vaccaro or Eric Reid but they may be more name than game at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like Norwell a lot too forgot about him.

I don't know, but I'm willing to bet either Vaccaro or Reid would be better than either of our starting safeties.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:38 PM)bengalsdh Wrote: All in for Zach Brown- Lb and Ryan Jensen- Oc.  Would also take a look at Eric Reid- S and Greg Robinson- Ot.  Who knows who our oline coach will be.  Maybe Robinson could be another 1st round redemption project.

We've had success in bringing in misfit 1st round players from other teams. I wouldn't be against it especially with our o-line in desperate need of help. Couldn't hurt to at least kick some tires.
Reply/Quote
I second that nomination of Ryan Jensen. He would solidify Center and be a good start at fixing the O-line
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 03:14 PM)OB1 Wrote: I second that nomination of Ryan Jensen. He would solidify Center and be a good start at fixing the O-line

We damn sure need at least a solid center.....good call.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
In favor of Zach Brown and a center.
I'll add Preston Brown (ILB - BUF), Marqise Lee (WR - JAX), and Weston Richburg (C NYG) to the list.
Lee would be if the Bengals were looking for an upgrade over LaFell, didn't feel super confident with the WRs they had on the roster already, and didn't want to use yet another early round pick on a WR. I think Lee should be able to get picked up in the $6-8 mill range.
Richburg is obvious, but he might be too pricey for what Mike Brown would be willing to pay.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As Benzoo said Andrew Norwell G is the guy i want most right now or Ryan Jensen C.

Either would free up the draft a bit. If we go Norwell it would open up a pick for a LB or OT, so Roquan Smith or McGlinchey. Center in the 2nd.

If Jensen i would most likely go with Quentin Nelson in the first or Roquan. If we went Roquan i really love Isaiah Wynn G in the 2nd.

Think Vaccaro is too much of a dream but would love it.

Reid is more likely i guess if we go Safety in FA.

Really like Zac Brown too if we go LB.

I could really see Del Rio bringing over Bowman with him if he comes here.
Reply/Quote
Tahir Whitehead LB Lions
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 06:49 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Tahir Whitehead LB Lions

Good possibility with Austin closing in on being our next DC (plus we need LB help).

Any other Lions you guys see Austin possibly luring in?

Ziggy Ansah?

D.J. Hayden?

Haloti Ngata? He's up there in age at this point, but our run defense kinda sucks...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:15 AM)Takedown Wrote: Good possibility with Austin closing in on being our next DC (plus we need LB help).

Any other Lions you guys see Austin possibly luring in?

Ziggy Ansah?

D.J. Hayden?

Haloti Ngata? He's up there in age at this point, but our run defense kinda sucks...

Negative to any current Lions front seven personnel.  As a unit, they were horrible.  Their huge losses in talent to free agency, were the biggest part of Detroit's defense falling from 2nd to 27th in just a few years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I also like the Jensen (Baltimore center) nomination. Another under the radar target is tramaine Brock, CB from the Vikings. He previously started for the 49ers and was their top db. He had accusations of domestic violence but was recently cleared. His stats this are underwhelming as he was buried under their depth chart. Could probably be signed for half or more of pacmans salary and is better than dre
Reply/Quote
The list of FA's is a pretty underwhelming list.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Does anyone remember a year that Mikey didn’t wait until the decent players had been picked through? I’m just curious and can’t remember him ever being aggressive at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:52 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Does anyone remember a year that Mikey didn’t wait until the decent players had been picked through? I’m just curious and can’t remember him ever being aggressive at all.

Nope. Still waiting.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind Avery Williamson, Anthony Hitchens, or Demario Davis at LB, though all three will probably cost a bit.

Tre Boston at Safety would probably be an upgrade, as well as LeMarcus Joyner.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:52 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Does anyone remember a year that Mikey didn’t wait until the decent players had been picked through? I’m just curious and can’t remember him ever being aggressive at all.

Exactly why i'm waiting for FA to end to see if any name in this thread was a serious candidate.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dehner speculated that this could be similar to 2015 when it comes to free agency aggressiveness. I think we'll go after Tahir Whitehead if Detroit lets him walk. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 07:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Exactly why i'm waiting for FA to end to see if any name in this thread was a serious candidate.

I'm not expecting anything drastic really. One can only hope though

Reply/Quote