Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Free Agents Bengals could look at.
Reality list:

Andre Smith
Eric Winston
Karlos Dansby
Pat Sims

Tire kicking.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Every decent FA will be a Patriot, since they somehow have unlimited money.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well with the hire of Frank Pollack i would be surprised if we didn't atleast add a Guard or Tackle in FA.

Norwell and Andre and i would be happy.
Reply/Quote
Andrew Norwell, Nate Solder, Tahir Whitehead, Nagoti Nata.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2018, 05:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well with the hire of Frank Pollack i would be surprised if we didn't atleast add a Guard or Tackle in FA.

Norwell and Andre and i would be happy.

There are 3 free agents that were Cowboys last year. Starting LG Jonathan Cooper, backup RT Byron Bell and sub C/G Joe Looney.  

The FA class is rough, but theyll have to sign or trade for a few vets rather than draft needs high and rush players that may not be ready. ANY edge is helpful, but they'll have to pay market value or above to fill a need. We're talking early days Marvin stuff like Tory James where they actually payed a guy that parlayed his contract year into something the Bengal wanted to fill a need.  Same goes for a specific need of run blocking on the right side with Bobbie Williams.  They even payed above market value for John Thornton regardless of naysayers asking if his production was due more to Haynesworth.

It would take a radical change to pay the double digit pay it will take to land a guy like Norwell that most want.  A hometown discount won't be enough.  That's why if a guy like Cooper compares similar deals, maybe Pollack can help tip the scale, but guranteed money will talk.  He didn't start Bell, a guy that some wanted last year and I don't much about Looney other than his funny Zeke imitation.  

Whatever edge Pollack brings you work it and hope you end up with some sort of T and C/G by the draft.
Reply/Quote
I forsee a linebacker in our future. It's the position they most consistently look at in free agency, to mixed results over the years. Lawson, Howard, Harrison, Dansby, Minter, etc. Maybe that makes Whitehead or Brown a possibility, or maybe they just re-sign Minter.

Norwell is a pipe-dream IMO. Isn't he an all-pro? He's going to get a fat contract this offseason, and this team isn't going to be the one to award it to him, no way in hell. They just let their homegrown top guard walk in FA because they don't think guards matter. Why would they pay one from another team that they aren't familiar with? Never going to happen. Boling will start and the success of Redmond/Westerman will be sold hard to the fans over the next 8 months as a reason not to add a G in FA. Then there's the draft. It's a thousand million times more likely that they spend a draft pick on a guard than it is that they pay an outside FA to fill the spot.

As for Dehner saying it'll be like 2015, IDK what that means. Who'd we sign that year? MJ and Denarius Moore? Yay.
Reply/Quote
Nate Solder is going to be a free agent. If I was the Bengals I would throw a massive deal his way and see if he would bite. The New England Machine has to stop soon and maybe he wants to cash in. I know it wont happen but someone can dream cant they?
Reply/Quote
I just wish they'd move up and grab Billy Price in the draft.

Dude is a stud and smart as hell.

Could be a super bargain alternative on the O-Line.

Go for that position of immediate need and forgo accumulating picks.

Pay the money for the other positions in FA(yeah right).

LB being the one of most importance. I agree this is probably also the most realistic.

This team doesn't need much but if quality players in other positions are available they should keep them in their sights.

What I hope doesn't happen in Free Agency:

Re-signing of
Bodine
Eifert
Winston
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 11:27 AM)samhain Wrote: I forsee a linebacker in our future.  It's the position they most consistently look at in free agency, to mixed results over the years.  Lawson, Howard, Harrison, Dansby, Minter, etc.  Maybe that makes Whitehead or Brown a possibility, or maybe they just re-sign Minter.

Norwell is a pipe-dream IMO.  Isn't he an all-pro?  He's going to get a fat contract this offseason, and this team isn't going to be the one to award it to him, no way in hell.  They just let their homegrown top guard walk in FA because they don't think guards matter.  Why would they pay one from another team that they aren't familiar with?  Never going to happen.  Boling will start and the success of Redmond/Westerman will be sold hard to the fans over the next 8 months as a reason not to add a G in FA.  Then there's the draft.  It's a thousand million times more likely that they spend a draft pick on a guard than it is that they pay an outside FA to fill the spot.  

As for Dehner saying it'll be like 2015, IDK what that means.  Who'd we sign that year?  MJ and Denarius Moore?  Yay.

Maybe losing Z and what he provided makes them want to sign Norwell. You're probably right but I don't think it is laughable right now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 01:48 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Nate Solder is going to be a free agent. If I was the Bengals I would throw a massive deal his way and see if he would bite.  The New England Machine has to stop soon and maybe he wants to cash in. I know it wont happen but someone can dream cant they?

Sounds more like a nightmare lol.  No offense i'm from New England Solder hasn't been good in two years, his play is on the decline and he wasn't even that good in his prime.  It's just a bad free agent class for tackles and linemen in general, besides Norwell who the Bengals won't sign. 
Reply/Quote
I could see us going after zach Brown from Washington to fill the ilb spot, and then going after a guy like Brian schwenke from Tennessee to man the center position. This will allow us to draft bpa in each rounds
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 06:36 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Sounds more like a nightmare lol.  No offense i'm from New England Solder hasn't been good in two years, his play is on the decline and he wasn't even that good in his prime.  It's just a bad free agent class for tackles and linemen in general, besides Norwell who the Bengals won't sign. 

Oh, ok. I have watched a few Pats games and I thought he was still a good LT. PFF has him above average pass and run blocking so I was kind of going by the numbers. He still would be better than what we have but not worth the money is what you are saying?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 08:06 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Oh, ok. I have watched a few Pats games and I thought he was still a good LT. PFF has him above average pass and run blocking so I was kind of going by the numbers. He still would be better than what we have but not worth the money is what you are saying?

Yeah Just don’t think he’d be worth the money but definitely would be better than Ogbuehi. He’s probably a better run blocker than I give him credit for but he’s slipped a lot in pass blocking which is what I would pay money for my LT to do protect the qb’s blind side. Also Brady is excellent at getting the ball out quick and stepping up in the pocket. I know he’s dealt with a few injuries and personal issues the last few years. He had testicular cancer a few years back and his son was recently diagnosed with cancer so maybe it’s affecting his play.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 09:06 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Yeah Just don’t think he’d be worth the money but definitely would be better than Ogbuehi.  He’s probably a better run blocker than I give him credit for but he’s slipped a lot in pass blocking which is what I would pay money for my LT to do protect the qb’s blind side. Also Brady is excellent at getting the ball out quick and stepping up in the pocket. I know he’s dealt with a few injuries and personal issues the last few years.  He had testicular cancer a few years back and his son was recently diagnosed with cancer so maybe it’s affecting his play.

Holy crap!  I did not know all that. That is horrible. Sometimes I forget these are real people. Well maybe Pollack can turn this line around anyway.
Reply/Quote
we need a center in FA.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 06:02 PM)Takedown Wrote: After Marvin's presser today, he stated that we need to be more aggressive in pursuing talent from other teams via free agency. What do you think is realistic? Full on ballers in Free Agency or 'kick some tires' and wait for sloppy seconds?

List your free agents you would like the Bengals to grab or who you think is a realistic target (please keep this on topic).

Kenny Vaccaro, S, Saints: 2017 Stats - 60 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 3 INT's

NaVorro Bowman, ILB, Raiders: 2017 Stats - 128 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 INT

Dontari Poe, DT, Falcons: 2017 Stats - 39 Tackles, 10 QB Hits, 3 Sacks

Luke Joeckel, OG, Seahawks

Not Russell Bodine

Poe runs a little too hot and cold for big dollars to me.  I agree we should get a FA LB, though, but maybe one that is a bit younger.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 08:08 AM)Takedown Wrote: I like Norwell a lot too forgot about him.

I don't know, but I'm willing to bet either Vaccaro or Reid would be better than either of our starting safeties.

I think Reid definitely would be better, but I don't see the Bengals terminating contracts of Iloka or Williams.  I am way down on Williams, but willing to give him the new coordinator to see if they will start putting him in places to use his strengths and cover his weaknesses.  
Reply/Quote
Weston Richburg who can play anywhere on OL would be my choice.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Prove to us that you want to win MB.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Reality list:

Andre Smith
Eric Winston
Karlos Dansby
Pat Sims

Tire kicking.

I call BS.

You don't have a single washed-up over-the-hill LB on that list.
Reply/Quote