Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Free Agents Bengals could look at.
(01-13-2018, 02:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I just wish they'd move up and grab Billy Price in the draft.

Dude is a stud and smart as hell.

Could be a super bargain alternative on the O-Line.

Go for that position of immediate need and forgo accumulating picks.

Pay the money for the other positions in FA(yeah right).

LB being the one of most importance.  I agree this is probably also the most realistic.

This team doesn't need much but if quality players in other positions are available they should keep them in their sights.

What I hope doesn't happen in Free Agency:

Re-signing of
Bodine
Eifert
Winston

I'd love for us to go get Price but I just don't see it happening.  We'd likely have to give up our second and third 

I hope we go after Jensen in free agency because it opens up our draft A TON and would give us a solid anchor in the middle of the line.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd love for us to go get Price but I just don't see it happening.  We'd likely have to give up our second and third 

I hope we go after Jensen in free agency because it opens up our draft A TON and would give us a solid anchor in the middle of the line.

I agree with this approach but would broaden to include other Centers beyond Jensen.

PFF scores for 2017:
Jensen (#9 Center) - 74.9 (average)
Sullivan (#10 Center) - 74.6 (average)
Richburg - 71.3 (average)

These guys are all set to hit FA and are right about the same scores.
Jensen and Richburg are 26 years old so they'll likely land a big, multi-year deal. But either would be big improvements over Bodine.
Sullivan was also really good but he's 32 years old, so he should come cheaper than both Jensen and Richburg.
Sullivan seems like a good target if the Bengals are going to bargain shop for a 1-2 stopgap deal. Could then still draft a replacement to groom or groom Redmond or Westerman truly at C while the other focuses solely on OG.

Personally, I consider C to be the second-most important position on the OL behind LT and we're seeing teams starting to pay centers like it, so get a mainstay at the position like Richburg or Jensen and don't look back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Think this guy Weston Richburg, C Could fly under the rader went to IR after 4 games this past season with a concussion but was cleared to play a few weeks before the season ended.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'd love for us to go get Price but I just don't see it happening.  We'd likely have to give up our second and third 

If they can get anything for AJ McCarron that could compensate for losing a pick to move up.

Watch this.  I think passing on Price would be a big mistake.  He might even help Dalton out once assimilated.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 01:52 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Does anyone remember a year that Mikey didn’t wait until the decent players had been picked through? I’m just curious and can’t remember him ever being aggressive at all.

Yes, once, the year we signed the DE away from Tennessee. Antwan Odom? That's about the only time we were really active in the opening days of FA.
Not sure how aggressive we were with Tory James, John Thornton & Bobbie Williams?

Don't know about you guys, but this would be a great year for us to be aggressive on the Defensive side of the ball, especially for LB's.
DL: Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei or Dontario Poe
DE: Possible: Ezkiel Ansah or DeMarcus Lawrence
OLB: Nigel Bradham other options: Devon Kennard, Tahir Whitehead, Anthony Hitchens
MLB: Zach Brown, other options: Preston Brown, Todd Davis, Avery Williamson
CB: Kyle Fuller, Trumaine Johnson, Bashaud Breeland, Aaron Colvin, EJ Gaines, Morris Claiborne, Prince Amukamara, Rashaan Melvin
S: Tre Boston would be my favorite out of the Safeties. He's a young ball hawk FS which is what we need.

Offense pickings are slim:
T: Of course Nate Solder, but he's about the only true LT out there.
C: Ryan Jensen would be my first choice, I also was looking at Corey Linsley, but he got extended. Sad 

G: Andrew Norwell, others: Josh Kline, Billy Turner, Zach Fulton, DJ Fluker, or Jake Mewhort.
TE: Trey Burton (Stuck behind Ertz and Celek).
We don't really need WR or QB.
Special teams backup RB: Damien Williams (also a good Pass Catching RB).
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 02:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes, once, the year we signed the DE away from Tennessee. Antwan Odom? That's about the only time we were really active in the opening days of FA.
Not sure how aggressive we were with Tory James, John Thornton & Bobbie Williams?

Don't know about you guys, but this would be a great year for us to be aggressive on the Defensive side of the ball, especially for LB's.
DL: Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei or Dontario Poe
DE: Possible: Ezkiel Ansah or DeMarcus Lawrence
OLB: Nigel Bradham other options: Devon Kennard, Tahir Whitehead, Anthony Hitchens
MLB: Zach Brown, other options: Preston Brown, Todd Davis, Avery Williamson
CB: Kyle Fuller, Trumaine Johnson, Bashaud Breeland, Aaron Colvin, EJ Gaines, Morris Claiborne, Prince Amukamara, Rashaan Melvin
S: Tre Boston would be my favorite out of the Safeties. He's a young ball hawk FS which is what we need.

Offense pickings are slim:
T: Of course Nate Solder, but he's about the only true LT out there.
C: Ryan Jensen would be my first choice, I also was looking at Corey Linsley, but he got extended. Sad 

G: Andrew Norwell, others: Josh Kline, Billy Turner, Zach Fulton, DJ Fluker, or Jake Mewhort.
TE: Trey Burton (Stuck behind Ertz and Celek).
We don't really need WR or QB.
Special teams backup RB: Damien Williams (also a good Pass Catching RB).

Sure we could stack the defense but how does it help the offense    that is where the focus needs to be

We Definitely could use a reliable WR2 in case Ross isn't that in year 2 after not playing year 1. (now we might already have that guy but no one really stepped up above the rest last year)
Reply/Quote
It would be clinically insane to not sign a quality OL, if not multiples.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Sure we could stack the defense but how does it help the offense    that is where the focus needs to be

We Definitely could use a reliable WR2 in case Ross isn't that in year 2 after not playing year 1. (now we might already have that guy but no one really stepped up above the rest last year)

I disagree.
By addressing the Defensive side during the FA period, it opens up the draft for us to build our OL with, and besides, I think Josh Kline is a very under rated G, and would also sign Jensen.
Then we just need T's.

For your Info about the WR's, there will be a bunch of decent ones after round 3 still left. There is no real super studs in this class, but a bunch of productive ones.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 03:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I disagree.
By addressing the Defensive side during the FA period, it opens up the draft for us to build our OL with, and besides, I think Josh Kline is a very under rated G, and would also sign Jensen.
Then we just need T's.

For your Info about the WR's, there will be a bunch of decent ones after round 3 still left. There is no real super studs in this class, but a bunch of productive ones.

You say you disagree but then you say you want to sign not only the top Center but a Guard as well?

I would love that but that doesn't sound likely at all especially if you want us to also address the Defensive side in FA.

Just don't see all this happening. Would be happy with one solid Lineman, if we just got Ryan Jensen we would be good.
Reply/Quote
Come on guys,if we sign Bodine they will not sign another center,best offer they can do is late round tweener of center guard when Bodine gets signed.

Out of the linebackers we need another leader type for when tez gets suspended.

Safety we need a ballhawk but they won't replace who we got

We definitely need a #2 and release lafell .we aren't close with him as #2 stop it.

DL they won't sign when they just drafted that position

Backup qb I can see them doing,so they don't threaten Dalton with a young guy.

Rb I'm not big on gio and mixon got dinged up in year one ,they won't sign one we know that but if draft one in this deep class.

Tight end- I would like to see them pursue a guy in free agency it's not a big need ,but we need another good one.

Corner- sucks we are stuck with Kirk and Jones both

That leaves o line ,I would pursue some kind of tackle like Greg Robinson or someone ,so we wouldn't have to take a guy round 1 , but if we take one he will be a big if guy like robinson.

So conclusion- we will sign a linebacker,backup qb,and a mystery tackle and that will conclude the cerimony.
Reply/Quote
Go Cards, Go Krogering, Go Preston Brown to go along with Richburg.

This would open up the world in the draft for Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 03:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree with this approach but would broaden to include other Centers beyond Jensen.

PFF scores for 2017:
Jensen (#9 Center) - 74.9 (average)
Sullivan (#10 Center) - 74.6 (average)
Richburg - 71.3 (average)

These guys are all set to hit FA and are right about the same scores.
Jensen and Richburg are 26 years old so they'll likely land a big, multi-year deal. But either would be big improvements over Bodine.
Sullivan was also really good but he's 32 years old, so he should come cheaper than both Jensen and Richburg.
Sullivan seems like a good target if the Bengals are going to bargain shop for a 1-2 stopgap deal. Could then still draft a replacement to groom or groom Redmond or Westerman truly at C while the other focuses solely on OG.

Personally, I consider C to be the second-most important position on the OL behind LT and we're seeing teams starting to pay centers like it, so get a mainstay at the position like Richburg or Jensen and don't look back.

Sullivan being 32 scares me because you know that Mike also sees that and will try and get him at a bargained price, rather than going for the best option.  You also need to consider that  he's reaching the age for linemen when he will most likely begin to drop off dramatically, even if he's good for another year or two.

I agree with center being the second-most important position on the offensive line but I don't think it's too far behind left tackle, especially in this division, because you can always have a back double-check or flat-out help block the blindside on pass plays, but you can't really do much if your center is getting blown into the backfield on every play. You also need the center to be the quarterback of the line to make the right protection calls.

I'm praying that Mike sees Jensen and just does whatever needs to be done to get him here and doesn't just put out half-ass efforts in free agency.

I can't even imagine just having a guy like Jensen controlling the middle of our offensive line........  it's so amazing of a thought, but I know better than to get my hopes up.
Reply/Quote
Just saw Norwell is looking for Zeitler money, so you can cross him off the list
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
IMO
Navarro Bowman

Ryan Jensen

Paul Richardson

Phil Taylor
Reply/Quote
Le’Veon Bell. Go big or go home...
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 07:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Le’Veon Bell.  Go big or go home...

No thanks, he will be out of the league soon enough.

Pot head that got rode into the ground in Pitt and wants to be paid more than he is worth.

RB's don't last long in the NFL let alone with his sample size.

Bell wouldn't be able to stand around and let his O-lineman hold here.

Mixon has the same traits but is faster with a higher ceiling IMHO.
Reply/Quote
If someone is bored it would be good to keep up with a list of released FA's as they'll likely do the comp pick plan anyway.
Reply/Quote
Kurt Coleman, safety, was released by the panthers (thus not included in comp pick formula) and looks like there is mutual interest between player and team. He has already visited/met with the bengals.

Coleman was released by the Panthers earlier this week after spending the last three seasons in Carolina. The report cites multiple teams interested in Coleman’s services.

One of those teams appears to be the Cincinnati Bengals. Per Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com, Coleman also met with the Bengals Thursday night and added there is “mutual interest for a deal to get done.”
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 08:50 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Kurt Coleman, safety, was released by the panthers (thus not included in comp pick formula) and looks like there is mutual interest between player and team.  He has already visited/met with the bengals.

Coleman was released by the Panthers earlier this week after spending the last three seasons in Carolina. The report cites multiple teams interested in Coleman’s services.

One of those teams appears to be the Cincinnati Bengals. Per Katherine Terrell of ESPN.com, Coleman also met with the Bengals Thursday night and added there is “mutual interest for a deal to get done.”

Would be a nice pickup. We need a cover Safety. Coleman fits the bill. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Saw that Gerald Hodges was cut. Isn't he one of the few true SLBs in the league? Probably not an overly expensive player, either.
Reply/Quote