Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possible Waiver Wire/Team Cut Pickups
(09-05-2020, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Sydney Jones and Hairston and AJ Green the CB. Crazy amount of good players getting released. Shocked

What an awesome time to have first dibs man.

Still sucks we have that privilege but it is this wacko offseason and we didn’t get to see all these guys play in the preseason and put stuff on film for us to evaluate.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 03:43 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Still sucks we have that privilege but it is this wacko offseason and we didn’t get to see all these guys play in the preseason and put stuff on film for us to evaluate.

Yeah, weirdest year ever....

Hopefully it gets even weirder and we actually win some Playoff games and a Superbowl... Wink
Reply/Quote
That Prince Tega Wanogho was cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Heads up, Jets cut Bryce Hall, a 5th rd pick this past April who looked like a good prospect. They're not especially strong at CB so I don't know what's up with that.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 05:29 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Heads up, Jets cut Bryce Hall, a 5th rd pick this past April who looked like a good prospect. They're not especially strong at CB so I don't know what's up with that.

Nevermind, I guess he's not totally healthy. 
Reply/Quote
Guys that I think we look at are:

CB

1) Nate Hairston-Jets
2) Rasul Douglas- Eagles

--with Waynes out we need another CB

TE

1) Stephen Sullivan-TE (LSU) waived by Seattle. could be the 3rd TE here (Cethan Carter), or at least signed to PS

LB

1) James Burgess-Jets

-- I look for them to upgrade here over Jordan Evans
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 05:49 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Guys that I think we look at are:

CB

1) Nate Hairston-Jets
2) Rasul Douglas- Eagles

--with Waynes out we need another CB

TE

1) Stephen Sullivan-TE (LSU) waived by Seattle. could be the 3rd TE here (Cethan Carter), or at least signed to PS

LB

1) James Burgess-Jets

-- I look for them to upgrade here over Jordan Evans

don't sleep on the linebacker in Dallas.  Ive talked to a lot of fans who said he was a superstar in training camp and their hoping he sneaks thru the waviers.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Taylor says nada on Rosen.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/05/zac-taylor-shoots-down-idea-bengals-claiming-josh-rosen-waiver-wire/
Reply/Quote
Evan Weaver LB and Calvin Throckmorton OL. Two highly productive guys in college that may not have the athleticism to cut it.
Reply/Quote
Bengals raved about Throckmorton at the senior bowl, so that's a possibility.

Nose tackle DeMarcus Christmas from Seattle also jumps out at me.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 09:11 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Nose tackle DeMarcus Christmas from Seattle also jumps out at me.

Because of his name or his game?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Thinking the Bears weren't going to put them on their PS so we're checking him out for ours...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 09:11 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Bengals raved about Throckmorton at the senior bowl, so that's a possibility.

Nose tackle DeMarcus Christmas from Seattle also jumps out at me.

Does he have a dorky brother named Lloyd?
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised that Prince T. got the boot. He might be a decent guy to stash on the roster.
Reply/Quote
Bryce hall wasnt cut he was put on nfli by jets. Another name to watch for is devante bausby cb on broncos. Was a suprise cut was in the running to be in their top 3-4 corners on broncos.
Reply/Quote
Jamycal hasty is another guy I would like to see us claim and drop perine. Hasty was just a victim of numbers in san fran.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 01:42 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Bryce hall wasnt cut he was put on nfli by jets.  Another name to watch for is devante bausby cb on broncos.  Was a suprise cut was in the running to be in their top 3-4 corners on broncos.

I did correct what I said about Bryce Hall above. 

Bausby has never played more than 6 games in a season, and he apparently wasn't in the running to be a top 3-4 CB if they cut him.

I do agree with you about Jamycal Hasty though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2020, 11:45 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I did correct what I said about Bryce Hall above. 

Bausby has never played more than 6 games in a season, and he apparently wasn't in the running to be a top 3-4 CB if they cut him.

I do agree with you about Jamycal Hasty though. 

Bausby was a pretty big surprise to be cut according to team insiders and broncos fans.  He was supposedly looking good in camp and in the running to be 3rd corner for them but they don't like him in slot so they kept 2 slot guys.  We have Alexander and Phillips for slot so bausby would be a good fit here.
Reply/Quote
No one had OG Deion "Shaq" Calhoun...2nd year out of Mississippi State. Cut by Miami after starting 7 games last year.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Meeks is on the Chargers PS. Rosen the Bucs. AJ Green the Browns. Throckmorton the Saints.
Reply/Quote