Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible ways Bengals approach Free Agency
1.First of all do they have a plan or will they just wing it. 2. Do they take the millions saved by replacing Dalton, Glenn, and others to fill gaping holes they have on the team. 3. (This should have been #2 because it is total crap) Wait until the draft is over and the top FAs are signed , then sign whatever scrubs are left and spend the rest of the "I have to spend the rest of the salary cap so I'll re-sign some of my own scrubs to bloated contracts."
Reply/Quote
The Bengals always have a free agency plan. It involves tires and it involves kicking. That’s the plan, the whole plan. Always. Forever. Mike is sure it’s the right way to do business and that every other FO is wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:14 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: 1.First of all do they have a plan or will they just wing it.  2. Do they take the millions saved by replacing Dalton, Glenn, and others to fill gaping holes they have on the team. 3. (This should have been #2 because it is total crap)  Wait until the draft is over and the top FAs are signed , then sign whatever scrubs are left and spend the rest of the "I have to spend the rest of the salary cap so I'll re-sign  some of my own scrubs to bloated contracts."

You need to change your thread title to"

I hate the Bengals FO approach so you should too!!!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:14 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: 1.First of all do they have a plan or will they just wing it.  2. Do they take the millions saved by replacing Dalton, Glenn, and others to fill gaping holes they have on the team. 3. (This should have been #2 because it is total crap)  Wait until the draft is over and the top FAs are signed , then sign whatever scrubs are left and spend the rest of the "I have to spend the rest of the salary cap so I'll re-sign  some of my own scrubs to bloated contracts."

1. They'll obviously have a plan. 

2. No one knows. I think the majority of the board is on edge on who will be gone and how aggressive they'll be. 

3. This doesn't answer your question, but you have to imagine the Front Office will be licking their chops on this. The Bengals have first waiver priority through the preseason and into the regular season (I'm not sure how many weeks). That'll be a big opportunity to improve the bottom of the roster.  
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:28 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: 3. This doesn't answer your question, but you have to imagine the Front Office will be licking their chops on this. The Bengals have first waiver priority through the preseason and into the regular season (I'm not sure how many weeks). That'll be a big opportunity to improve the bottom of the roster.  

first 3 weeks of the regular season.  Then it damned well better be some other team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You need to change your thread title to"

I hate the Bengals FO approach so you should too!!!

So from what I make of this you like the way they use free agency. Mikey is that you?
Reply/Quote
Free agency isn't free.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Free agency isn't free.

Every dollar that you don't spend that the league gives you IS FREE MONEY in MB's pocket
Reply/Quote
AJ will be franchise tagged. Brandon Wilson and Tupou will get RFA tags, maybe Cethan Carter. We will sign a handful of our own UFAs with higher than expected contracts.. Then probably dip in the veteran UFA LB who is about to wash out of the league market, but hopefully since that method hasn't been very successful lately we go after some prized free agent LBs.
Reply/Quote
Their usual plan is to do whatever requires the least amount of effort and whatever is the least proactive.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't the FO have vacation plans around the start of the free agency period? Oh darn.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 11:32 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: AJ will be franchise tagged. Brandon Wilson and Tupou will get RFA tags, maybe Cethan Carter. We will sign a handful of our own UFAs with higher than expected contracts.. Then probably dip in the veteran LB who is about to wash out of the UFA league market, but hopefully since that method hasn't been very successful lately we go after some prized free agent LBs.

Yup.
Reply/Quote
I think AJ will be franchised or perhaps extended for a contract of 16 plus mil over at least 3 seasons. He's being pushed as the top free agent on the market despite his recent inability to get on the field.

This will, IMO give the family the ability to market spending big money on AJ as the thing that prevents them from being active in outside UFA. Retaining Green and other "key" current in-house free agents will likely kill any chance of the Bengals being active acquiring new veteran talent. It's just way too easy for them to trot those transactions out as all that was needed to improve.

It's the perfect storm for fans that want them to be more aggressive in FA. They sucked their way into getting the most hyped qb in the draft. They also have the privilege of being able to sign a huge FA in-house without leaving the comfort zone.

If the highly possible happens and AJ underperforms or his injury turns out to be one that is chronic or lingering, then the family will have done what only they can do: turn an already toxic fanbase against one of the best and classiest players in the history of the franchise. AJ should think really hard about signing a big extension here. If it goes poorly, he's going to get destroyed for the rest of his career.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2020, 10:18 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The Bengals always have a free agency plan. It involves tires and it involves kicking. That’s the plan, the whole plan. Always. Forever. Mike is sure it’s the right way to do business and that every other FO is wrong.

You forgot the term FLAT.. Nothing says FLAT TIRES like the Brown family.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote