Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post 1st Round Free Agency
Well, our guys at LB were drafted ahead of us (not sure we draft Bush at #11 anyway if Williams was there also) so can we fill the LB void quickly with any left on the draft board? I am skeptical. Is it time to go after a Jamie Collins?

I know we have 6 rounds left so maybe we find the guy(s) we need at LB, but if not I hope we try and find a legit veteran to help get us over the hump. My guy would be Collins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'd be on the phone with Zach Brown right now. Get him in and you free up that need some.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have been saying it all morning, I think Brown is in play now.
Reply/Quote
I said the same thing about brown today at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Whats the cost for Lee?
Reply/Quote
Still need to keep an eye on Derron Lee, too. Potential cut?
Reply/Quote
I'd be on the Derron Lee bandwagon. I'd float a 6th to the Jets, maybe even a 5th and see if they bite.

It really seems like it's just a matter of time before he's done in NY. They may take whatever they can get for him, and I'd be happy to have him over whatever we could end up with in 5 or 6.
Reply/Quote
Collins, Brown, Lee all would be great moves.

Almost a bit essential in case Pratt, Okereke, Coney or Long Jr are not there in the 3rd.

Looking like we will go somewhere else in the early 2nd as it might be a reach if we go LB there.

Liking our LB coach but he needs help the same as our OL coach.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Collins, Brown, Lee all would be great moves.

Almost a bit essential in case Pratt, Okereke, Coney or Long Jr are not there in the 3rd.

Looking like we will go somewhere else in the early 2nd as it might be a reach if we go LB there.

Liking our LB coach but he needs help the same as our OL coach.

I still think we need to add a vet like Collins or Brown (free agents) or if Lee is cut or a late 6th round for him

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I still think we need to add a vet like Collins or Brown (free agents) or if Lee is cut or a late 6th round for him

Yeah, happy we got Pratt though man, helps a lot.

Also hoping Malik comes along, he has great talent for Tem to work with.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, happy we got Pratt though man, helps a lot.

Also hoping Malik comes along, he has great talent for Tem to work with.

I would love it if Jefferson, Evans and Vigil made major strides, but I would go get Brown, Collins or trade for Lee so their development would be a luxury and great depth for injury.

I am also glad we got Pratt, I think he will be an upgrade over Burfict 2018 edition, a big upgrade.

Reply/Quote
Steelers got some LB's in the draft, so they cut Jon Bostic.

Bostic was a guy they signed last March to a 2 year, $4 million deal. He's still only 27 years old.

His best seasons:

Colts in 2017: 97 tackles, 1 sack, 3 passes defensed
Bears in 2014: 83 tackles
Steelers in 2018: 73 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 3 passes defensed

For his career, he has 311 tackles (20 for loss), 5.5 sacks, 1 INT and 10 passes defensed in 70 games and 46 starts with the Bears, Patriots, Colts and Steelers.

He'd be a pretty good get for (likely) a cheap price.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 08:36 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would love it if Jefferson, Evans and Vigil made major strides, but I would go get Brown, Collins or trade for Lee so their development would be a luxury and great depth for injury.

I am also glad we got Pratt, I think he will be an upgrade over Burfict 2018 edition, a big upgrade.

I agree, lets stack up the LB position so it is a strength and not a weakness. Love Pratt but Davis leaves a lot to be desired athletically and in coverage. Good tackler though which is what we need at LB badly. Brown, Collins or a trade for Lee would be great for this team and i think would really get us over the hump from this even being a weakness anymore.

(04-28-2019, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Steelers got some LB's in the draft, so they cut Jon Bostic.

Bostic was a guy they signed last March to a 2 year, $4 million deal. He's still only 27 years old.

His best seasons:

Colts in 2017: 97 tackles, 1 sack, 3 passes defensed
Bears in 2014: 83 tackles
Steelers in 2018: 73 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 3 passes defensed

For his career, he has 311 tackles (20 for loss), 5.5 sacks, 1 INT and 10 passes defensed in 70 games and 46 starts with the Bears, Patriots, Colts and Steelers.

He'd be a pretty good get for (likely) a cheap price.

Good one, also always thought Bostic played well. I like Browns and Collins a lot more cause they are more playmakers and i like Lee more too, but i would be fine if we brought in Bostic for cheap.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, lets stack up the LB position so it is a strength and not a weakness. Love Pratt but Davis leaves a lot to be desired athletically and in coverage. Good tackler though which is what we need at LB badly. Brown, Collins or a trade for Lee would be great for this team and i think would really get us over the hump from this even being a weakness anymore.

Good one, also always thought Bostic played well. I like Browns and Collins a lot more cause they are more playmakers and i like Lee more too, but i would be fine if we brought in Bostic for cheap.

I'd love Collins, but Bostic is one of those "bargains" we usually go for. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 05:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd love Collins, but Bostic is one of those "bargains" we usually go for. 

Since Bostic was cut, he doesn't count in the FA signings and helps when balancing out the comp picks. Complete and total specs of a Mike Brown target.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 06:03 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since Bostic was cut, he doesn't count in the FA signings and helps when balancing out the comp picks. Complete and total specs of a Mike Brown target.

Ha, I almost mentioned that earlier. Good point.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 06:03 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since Bostic was cut, he doesn't count in the FA signings and helps when balancing out the comp picks. Complete and total specs of a Mike Brown target.

Isn’t there a date, June 1st maybe, when any free agent can be signed without counter by against you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 05:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd love Collins, but Bostic is one of those "bargains" we usually go for. 

(05-02-2019, 06:03 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Since Bostic was cut, he doesn't count in the FA signings and helps when balancing out the comp picks. Complete and total specs of a Mike Brown target.

Makes too much sense.
Reply/Quote
Zach Brown signed a 1 year $3 million deal with the Eagles

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This one hurts mainly from how cheap he was, but I got to wonder what the deal is with him where he only got paid 3 million? Makes me think some of the reports on him being kind of a pain in the locker room may have been true.
Reply/Quote