Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post BYE - Where do we stand?
(11-07-2022, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: That game is gonna get flexed. Dallas plays Minnesota in the 4PM block that week. 

We should know by this Wednesday, according to NFL.com they have to do it 12 days before.  With pukesburg being as bad as they are this year, I could see it happening.  I am ok with it, I don't care for late games as 5 am work comes awful early the next morning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:03 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Moving on past the BYE week...Azuwie out long term (pretty much for the year), Chase (temporarily) out, anyway...do we have a chance, guys?

I say yes...but my glass is usually half full.

What say you?

Was really encouraged by what I saw out of defense and run game (as well as smart passing attack and better blocking), but the loss of Awuzie looms large.  

I can see them making the playoffs but I don't know if they have enough for a run beyond that. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Was really encouraged by what I saw out of defense and run game (as well as smart passing attack and better blocking), but the loss of Awuzie looms large.  

I can see them making the playoffs but I don't know if they have enough for a run beyond that. 

I dont disagree, but I will say that our remaining schedule has us playing a lot of what will end up as the Playoff Field (KC/BUF/TEN/BAL). If we can make the playoffs by competing against those teams, then we'd have a chance once we get there. Though I think BUF and KC are the class of the AFC, nobody is exactly running rampant so far.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:58 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I dont disagree, but I will say that our remaining schedule has us playing a lot of what will end up as the Playoff Field (KC/BUF/TEN/BAL). If we can make the playoffs by competing against those teams, then we'd have a chance once we get there. Though I think BUF and KC are the class of the AFC, nobody is exactly running rampant so far.

Yep, and aside from a horrible no-call PI at the end of the game, KC would have lost last night to the Titans and Buffalo did lose to the Jets....Didn't watch the game, but Allen had a bad day statistically.  My point being no teams are running away with this...even in the AFC.  
'
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: That game is gonna get flexed. Dallas plays Minnesota in the 4PM block that week. 

That would be awesome if it was flexed. I'd feel much better about it at 4PM than 8.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
The biggest positive out of the Panthers game for me was Zac Taylor’s game plan which showed some creativity and hopefully something that will continue. The two runs to Trent Taylor while going in motion we’re a nice wrinkle give the defense something to think about. The Bengals actually ran a screen pass ! Different formations, double TE’s and even and extra lineman with Adenij. We have enough fire power to beat Pittsburgh and the Titans without Chase and when he comes back if Zac stays creative we should in theory be able to win shootouts versus high powered offenses. Reader and Tupou back stop the run and D-line rotation gets deeper guys like Hill can get a breather to be a more effective pass rusher and can protect the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 06:03 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: Moving on past the BYE week...Azuwie out long term (pretty much for the year), Chase (temporarily) out, anyway...do we have a chance, guys?

What say you?

We stand capable of winning the SB of the OL plays like it did yesterday.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:26 AM)Garrus Wrote: That would be awesome if it was flexed. I'd feel much better about it at 4PM than 8.

Me too per having tickets to a Tyler Bryant concert that night and would force me to make a decision I don't want to make. 

Would rather do both lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just saw a random news post that said teams who beat the Panthers the week prior are 0-8. They lose the following week. Thankfully we’re on a bye!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 01:22 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Just saw a random news post that said teams who beat the Panthers the week prior are 0-8. They lose the following week. Thankfully we’re on a bye!

Is it that teams lose the following week or the following game?
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:10 PM)pally Wrote:

Is that based on records from this year or last?

Reply/Quote

What say you?

I like to do The Math.

Bengals at 0-3 can NOT lose another AFC NORTH game and make Play-offs.   They MUST win at Pittsburgh, Beat Browns in Cincinnati, Beat Ravens in Cincinnati and go 3-3 in the AFC NORTH

That gives Bengals 8 Wins.  They will need at least 2 more and a 10-7 record.  

Bengals Must WIN 2 of these 5 games.  Tennessee, Kansas City,  Tampa, New England, Buffalo.   Yes, 5 tough teams but Bengals only have to WIN 2 of them to reach 10-7.   Some of them are in Cincinnati.  

Now what if Bengals only go 2-4 in the AFC North but still finish 10-7 record ???   That trying to go in the back door is the hard way and often that back door slams in your face.  Bengals need to beat Steelers and Browns after the Bye Week.  Maybe they will be in Play-Offs before the last game of season of Ravens at Cincy, who knows, but Bengals MUST beat Pittsburgh and Cleveland the first 3 weeks after the bye week. 

So The Math is there.  The AFC Champs of 2021 can still GET HOT and go 10-7 or Better.  

However if the Bengals come out FLAT and get SWEPT by Steelers,  I would say that would about Kill any Play-Off hopes.  

So I would like to see Bengals come out and beat Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Cleveland and be at 8-4 on the season.   I think Bengals Play-Off chances would look much better sitting at 8-4 and 2-3 in the AFC NORTH.   With the Bengals now at 5-4 and 0-3 in the AFC NORTH, the Bengals need to come out of The Bye Week  HOT and TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS.  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 01:55 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Is it that teams lose the following week or the following game?

Ugh. Now that I need to find the article again to double check, I can’t find it.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 04:12 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Ugh. Now that I need to find the article again to double check, I can’t find it.

You're probably correct the way you stated it the first time.
Reply/Quote
Ravens win... another dagger for a chance at the division.

Got to wins the games we should and pull out a few that are 50/50.

Burrow has already shown that anything is possible if we make it to the playoffs... JUST GET IN.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 12:46 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Ravens win... another dagger for a chance at the division.

Got to wins the games we should and pull out a few that are 50/50.

Burrow has already shown that anything is possible if we make it to the playoffs... JUST GET IN.

The Ravens win over The Saints doesn't change the MATH that I Posted.   Bengals need to avoid being swept by Steelers, Browns and Ravens and that gives Bengals 8 Wins and 3-3 record in AFC North.

So 8 Wins, and need at least 10 wins.  Have to win 2 of these 5 games.   Tennessee, Kansas City, Tampa, New England, Buffalo.   They can lose 3 and win 2 and get to 10 wins, but they have to avoid AFC NORTH Sweeps. 

So Sunday Night in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks.   If Bengals can't win that one, we can probably forget Play-Offs at 0-4 in the AFC North and 5-5 on the season.  Take it ONE GAME AT A TIME, and BEAT STEELERS after Bye Week. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 02:13 AM)kevin Wrote: The Ravens win over The Saints doesn't change the MATH that I Posted.   Bengals need to avoid being swept by Steelers, Browns and Ravens and that gives Bengals 8 Wins and 3-3 record in AFC North.

So 8 Wins, and need at least 10 wins.  Have to win 2 of these 5 games.   Tennessee, Kansas City, Tampa, New England, Buffalo.   They can lose 3 and win 2 and get to 10 wins, but they have to avoid AFC NORTH Sweeps. 

So Sunday Night in Pittsburgh in 2 weeks.   If Bengals can't win that one, we can probably forget Play-Offs at 0-4 in the AFC North and 5-5 on the season.  Take it ONE GAME AT A TIME, and BEAT STEELERS after Bye Week. 

That looks a bit daunting given injuries and our dismal showings vs the Browns lately. It can be done.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

Called it, but wrong opponents. Like you, I thought DAL/MIN would get the nod.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 01:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Called it, but wrong opponents. Like you, I thought DAL/MIN would get the nod.

Didn't really look at it before, but now that I see the match ups can see the allure of a Mahomes verses Herbert showdown. 

Know the Chargers seem to be struggling. Yet if they win this week will sit at 6-3 and only one game behind the Chiefs in their division, which they could tie KC for the lead with a win that night.  

Vikings are doing awesome but not sure they have the appeal to bring in the extra viewers. The Dallas bandwagons are faithful enough to watch whatever time the game is shown as well. They have a lot of fans but don't think they're America's team anymore.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote