Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Combine Best Case Scenario
Projected 44.8mil in cap space https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/cincinnati-bengals/

Move on from Dalton, Glenn, Kirkpatrick - Get at least a 3rd round pick - save 35 mil

About 79mil to spend and then the draft

RFAs
Brandon Wilson 2nd round tender 3.2mil
Cethan Carter original round tender 2.1mil
Tupou original round tender 2.1mil

Franchise tag AJ - 18.5 mil

Re-sign
Darqueze 3 year 21mil
Billings 3 year 15mil
Fej 1 year 2mil

-39.9mil for those contracts for our own

39.1mil left to spend

-12.1mil for the mikey boy owner fee

27mil left

Sign
S Sean Davis - 2 year 12mil guaranteed- 2nd round pick of the Steelers in 2016. 243 tackles 5 ints and 20 PDs in his first 4 years. Got hurt last year and was replaced by Minkah Fitzpatrick who they traded a first round pick for. I am all about taking Davis off of their hands and giving him decent money on a prove it contract since he is coming off of injury and played in 1 game last year. The Steelers used him up and spit him out. Lets see if he has anything left and wants to get some revenge.

LB Patrick Onwuasor - 2 year 12mil guaranteed- Former UDFA S turned LB. Ravens gave him a 2nd round RFA tender last year. 213 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 1 int, and 5 FF in his 4 year career. We have to pay him more than they will. I would bring him and Sean Davis in on a visit at the same time. Let them two know we are for real and that we will give them a good chunk of money and want them to be big time players. And steal away two attitude players from our division rivals.

CB Eli Apple - 2 year 12mil guaranteed - #10 overall pick in 2016 by the Giants. Was traded from the Giants to the Saints for a 4th and 7th. They declined his 5th year option. Bring him back to Ohio for the awakening. Better days are ahead for him.

LB Jatavis Brown - 1 year 2mil - 5th round pick by the Charges in 2016 out of Akron. I was salty we missed this guy considering he was a late round pick from Akron who was an absolute monster in college. Started out his NFL career on fire. Injuries have slowed him and he is a smaller LB. Hence the reason he is on the clearance rack we are shopping. Bring him back to Ohio for the awakening. He is basically coming in as a starter with our thin depth chart so we should be an ideal destination for him to rehab his value.

DL Derek Wolfe - 3 year 21mil guaranteed- Stud DL from the Broncos, been around the block, eight years in the league, but still only 30. Think Justin Smith. Bring the Ohio boy home for the awakening.

Draft

1: R1P1 QB JOE BURROW LSU
The Obvious one.

33: R2P1 EDGE TERRELL LEWIS ALABAMA
A. 6'5" 264lbs 33 3/4" arms 10" hands
B. 6'5" 262lbs 33 7/8" arms 9 7/8" hands
A = Chase Young
B = Terrell Lewis
A couple injuries didn't allow Lewis to be a consistent force like Young. But all the tools are there and he finished his college career healthy and disruptive. Terrell Suggs + Ray Lewis = Terrell Lewis? I see why Hobson has us taking this guy in one of his mocks. Love the top of our roster here with Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson. But we have no depth. At a very important position.

65: R3P1 OT ISAIAH WILSON GEORGIA
6'6" 350lbs redshirt sophomore. We got the all world QB from LSU. The giant freak edge player from Alabama, now we take the giant OT from the other SEC powerhouse. I like to pretend FJ is playing RG and Isaiah RT... Not sure there would be a bigger right side in the league.

Trade (We should be able to get at least one mid round pick for the vets we are moving on from Dalton, Glenn, Kirkpatrick)- Michael Pittman WR USC - I keep seeing him falling to the 3rd round. 6'4" 223lbs runs a 4.5 40 and had a 36.5" vert NFL bloodlines and just had a 100 catch season for USC. Kind of reminds me of Michael Thomas... I don't think I have seen many drafts where this type of WR prospect is available in the 3rd. The stupidly deep WR class lets us get a lot of potential late.

104: R4P1 LB MALIK HARRISON OHIO STATE
Wow? Another LB? We already signed 2 free agent LBs and drafted an Edge in the 2nd round. And if Malik Harrison is staring us in the face on the start of day 3 we go LB again. Top players from top teams is a plan I always support.

147: R5P1 TE THADDEUS MOSS LSU
Only reason he is available here is because he has a Jones Fracture and needs surgery. We take that big gamble to pair the HoFers son with his Heisman national champ teammate who we took in the 1st.

180: R6P1 LB LOGAN WILSON WYOMING
Wow wow wow. Another LB? Yep. It is far and away the biggest need. Don't play around. Fix the problem. We have a massive numbers problem. We need LBs. This is a good class. At a minimum we need to sign two and draft two. This guy is a fully functioning tackling machine.

215: R7P1 ? - That player that falls really big for some reason. Hopefully an OL. Maybe Trey Adams

Roster

* means it is a signing or rookie
30 on O
QB Burrow*, Finley, Dolegala
RB Mixon, Gio, Trayveon, Rodney Anderson
WR AJ*, Boyd, Ross, Tate, Erickson, Pittman*, Morgan
TE Uzomah, Sample, Carter*, Moss*, Shrek, Franks
OL Jonah, MJ, Hopkins, Miller, Hart, FJ, Wilson*, Prince, Price, Dugas
28 on D
DL Atkins, Wolfe*, Tupou*, Billings*, Brown, Wren, Glasgow
Edge Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, Lewis*
LB Onwuasor*, Pratt, Jatavis*, Harrison*, Wilson*, Evans
CB WJ3, Phillips, Darqueze*, Apple*, Webb, Winston Rose(canadian guy)
S Bates, Williams, Wilson*, Davis*, Fej*

Still a ways to go to get to the full training camp roster but I would love that start
Reply/Quote
I was like, no O-line? And then you got Isaiah Wilson. That sure is a lot of LB's but you are right, we need them.

Now that I know we are playing in a 3-4 hybrid I don't hate the Lewis pick, I just don't like the injury history. To get
Malik Harrison that late is a steal who fits this Defense too. With your FA it allows these guys to grow and they won't
have to start immediately.

Pairing Moss with Burrow is a great move. I like that Wyoming LB'er. Wink

Has Fred Johnson every played Guard on the right side is my only question?
Reply/Quote
Not bad overall, just a couple of comments.

I'm hearing Billings could get $10M per. I don't think he's worth that much, but apparently some teams might.
Love the Wilson pick if he lasts that long. Not sure he does. I'm seeing mocks that have him in 2.
I don't think I'd give Wolfe $21M guaranteed. $21M with 10 guaranteed I'd feel better about.
Reply/Quote
If someone wants to pay Billings that much then I would say so long. I remember Danny Shelton could barely find a job last year. This free agent DT class is loaded. I wouldn’t be mad if we grabbed a different one.

There are some other tackle options I would be OK with in 3. I always revert to Wilson because of his size and youth. I remember being blown away when the Ravens landed Orlando Brown in the 3rd. With a lot of depth at the top of the tackle class I don’t think pick 65 is a that far of a drop for him.

All the guaranteed money was just because of an article I had read saying Bengals are not ever high as far as guaranteed money. So maybe some fully guaranteed contracts are what it will take to make some noise in free agency. 21mil is a lot for Wolfe but I think he would be worth it.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If someone wants to pay Billings that much then I would say so long. I remember Danny Shelton could barely find a job last year. This free agent DT class is loaded. I wouldn’t be mad if we grabbed a different one.

There are some other tackle options I would be OK with in 3. I always revert to Wilson because of his size and youth. I remember being blown away when the Ravens landed Orlando Brown in the 3rd. With a lot of depth at the top of the tackle class I don’t think  pick 65 is a that far of a drop for him.

All the guaranteed money was just because of an article I had read saying Bengals are not ever high as far as guaranteed money. So maybe some fully guaranteed contracts are what it will take to make some noise in free agency. 21mil is a lot for Wolfe but I think he would be worth it.

I disagree.
He only received $17.5 mill guaranteed on his last contract, which was a 4-year deal and his prime years.
With his lack of elite production and exiting his prime years, it doesn't make sense to give him even more guaranteed money.
Between $10-15 mill would be more than fair IMO.

Personally, I'd rather use Wolfe's money and get a guard, but that's because I have no faith in the current guards the Bengals have.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I disagree.
He only received $17.5 mill guaranteed on his last contract, which was a 4-year deal and his prime years.
With his lack of elite production and exiting his prime years, it doesn't make sense to give him even more guaranteed money.
Between $10-15 mill would be more than fair IMO.

Personally, I'd rather use Wolfe's money and get a guard, but that's because I have no faith in the current guards the Bengals have.

The last one also paid him a yearly average of 9.1mil. The big guarantee is something we will probably have to do to attract good free agents
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2020, 07:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like that Wyoming LB'er. Wink

Has Fred Johnson every played Guard on the right side is my only question?

Logan Wilson is one of my favorite mid tier LBs from this class. He stands out when you watch him.

Not sure if he played RG or not. I know the Steelers viewed him as G and they know OL pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:23 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Logan Wilson is one of my favorite mid tier LBs from this class. He stands out when you watch him.

Not sure if he played RG or not. I know the Steelers viewed him as G and they know OL pretty damn good.

Logan does stand out in a great way. Great pick in the 7th.

On FJ just hoping he can make the transition but that is a lot to do for some Lineman.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:19 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The last one also paid him a yearly average of 9.1mil. The big guarantee is something we will probably have to do to attract good free agents

Great Post Nati!!

A few opinions of my own.....

I love the stealing of 2 players from Baltimore if we could get them. But, it's wishful thinking. I'd hope you'd be right.

I love all the LB moves...except, I'm a big Schobert fan and stealing him from another Rival. I'd rather pay for 1 really good LB than pay dirt for 2 LBers that aren't very good.

I can't see Harrison making it to the 4th round. But, I'd bank on us taking him if he's sitting there at the top of the 4th Round for sure.

Lastly, I agree that Moss will drop but I don't know if he'll make the 5th round. That is probably the main dude from LSU I was hoping they'd draft for Burrow b/c they are best friends. But, I won't be mad if they draft a couple of LSU players to bring in with Burrow to make him feel more comfortable and grow with together. Other players I'd love would be Queen, Jefferson, Clyde (to take Gio's place), or Fulton at CB.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:38 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Great Post Nati!!

I love the stealing of 2 players from Baltimore if we could get them. But, it's wishful thinking. I'd hope you'd be right.

I love all the LB moves...except, I'm a big Schobert fan and stealing him from another Rival. I'd rather pay for 1 really good LB than pay dirt for 2 LBers that aren't very good.

I can't see Harrison making it to the 4th round. But, I'd bank on us taking him if he's sitting there at the top of the 4th Round for sure.

Lastly, I agree that Moss will drop but I don't know if he'll make the 5th round. That is probably the main dude from LSU I was hoping they'd draft for Burrow b/c they are best friends. But, I won't be mad if they draft a couple of LSU players to bring in with Burrow to make him feel more comfortable and grow with together. Other players I'd love would be Queen, Jefferson, Clyde (to take Gio's place), or Fulton at CB.

Nice post, the only LSU guy I am scared of is Queen early at this moment. Not much production and was a late round prospect
before the college playoffs. He is not a great tackler which is what we need more than anything at LB. I will take it if we pick him
at 33 but I will be very suspect and I will not be sold until he keeps that playoff game a going.

You just cannot go off of a few games even if they are the big ones with a LB. 

The LSU guy I want besides Burrow is Delpit obviously at 33 if he falls. Moss would be a great grab in the mid rounds.

Also love Heclaire.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post, the only LSU guy I am scared of is Queen early at this moment. Not much production and was a late round prospect
before the college playoffs. He is not a great tackler which is what we need more than anything at LB. I will take it if we pick him
at 33 but I will be very suspect and I will not be sold until he keeps that playoff game a going.

You just cannot go off of a few games even if they are the big ones with a LB. 

The LSU guy I want besides Burrow is Delpit obviously at 33 if he falls. Moss would be a great grab in the mid rounds.

Also love Heclaire.

Thanks!
I'm ashamed of myself that I forgot about Delpit. After looking at Jeremiah's updated Mock, Delpit is falling out of the first round and would be sitting there for us. I'd snag him in a heartbeat.
Interestingly enough though, Queen is in the 1st round. He was around the ball a lot in all of the LSU games I watched. Who doesn't need to shore up their tackling? Lol 
No disrespect Nate, but Jeremiah knows all the personnel guys around the league including Mayock, and he verifies his Mocks and Top 50 players before sending them out to the world. I think I'll take the scout's and Jeremiah's takes on Queen over yours. :)
It seems that the order of LBers at this stage is Simmons, Queen, Murray (I assume Queen's 4.5 40 yd dash has pulled him ahead of Murray).
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 10:07 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Thanks!
I'm ashamed of myself that I forgot about Delpit. After looking at Jeremiah's updated Mock, Delpit is falling out of the first round and would be sitting there for us. I'd snag him in a heartbeat.
Interestingly enough though, Queen is in the 1st round. He was around the ball a lot in all of the LSU games I watched. Who doesn't need to shore up their tackling? Lol 
No disrespect Nate, but Jeremiah knows all the personnel guys around the league including Mayock, and he verifies his Mocks and Top 50 players before sending them out to the world. I think I'll take the scout's and Jeremiah's takes on Queen over yours. :)
It seems that the order of LBers at this stage is Simmons, Queen, Murray (I assume Queen's 4.5 40 yd dash has pulled him ahead of Murray).

That's cool Jersey, I just don't give a damn about the forties of these LB's, I care about how they played on the field and besides
the college football playoff games, Simmons and Murray are by far and away better prospects as well as Baun. Burfict was like the
slowest forty LB ever and he was a sideline to sideline LB that could tackle. I take this over an athlete that can't tackle well already.

Queen has upside that I would take in the 3rd to 4th round at the earliest.

Jeremiah, I respect but he is not right all the time about the Draft either. Nor is anyone.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 09:38 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Great Post Nati!!

I am back and forth on Schobert. All the missed tackles scare the hell out of me. And a lot of his INTs are tipped passes. I feel like he is going to get way overpaid. An expensive LB in the middle who misses tackles at a really high rate is not a good investment. We have two NFL LBs on our team right now, Pratt and Evans. One expensive one who misses a lot of tackles may not be a good play. 

Having said that I like Schobert. But not for the rumored 10mil price tag. Not even close. 
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 07:23 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I am back and forth on Schobert. All the missed tackles scare the hell out of me. And a lot of his INTs are tipped passes. I feel like he is going to get way overpaid. An expensive LB in the middle who misses tackles at a really high rate is not a good investment. We have two NFL LBs on our team right now, Pratt and Evans. One expensive one who misses a lot of tackles may not be a good play. 

Having said that I like Schobert. But not for the rumored 10mil price tag. Not even close. 

Schobert is still a better tackler than the guys we have, I think he would be worth it but so would Jamie Collins, Trevathan,
Bradham, Littleton and there are even others. I do believe if there is one position we go after a top tier player it is LB as this
Draft is extremely deep at interior O-lineman and WR.
Reply/Quote
The way I see it, is if Murray is still there in the mid-late 20's we move up and get him, otherwise hold and see what falls our way.

But nice draft, i'm a fan of most of those guys
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 02:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The way I see it, is if Murray is still there in the mid-late 20's we move up and get him, otherwise hold and see what falls our way.

This is one of the few times I would be for trading up, for Murray if we don't get a LB in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 02:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The way I see it, is if Murray is still there in the mid-late 20's we move up and get him, otherwise hold and see what falls our way.

I don't know if I'd be in favor of moving up to get a LB in this draft (at least not from #33 to the first round)

I think any of the following would be a good fit for what we need (pass coverage):

Wilson
Dye
Brooks
Harrison

And could be had in the 3rd round.  I'd hate to see us move up and give up a pick in the 3rd round to do it.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 07:27 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't know if I'd be in favor of moving up to get a LB in this draft (at least not from #33 to the first round)

I think any of the following would be a good fit for what we need (pass coverage):

Wilson
Dye
Brooks
Harrison

And could be had in the 3rd round.  I'd hate to see us move up and give up a pick in the 3rd round to do it.

I also really like Baun and Gaither.

I would only be in favor of trading up if we didn't get a LB at all in Free Agency.
Reply/Quote
I absolutely love this draft. Especially the two Wilson picks. I'm concerned Isaiah won't last that long though. I'd probably trade back in the second and take him there and pick up an extra third. While Terrell Lewis is a great player, I don't think it's nearly our biggest need with Lawson and Hubbard playing at a high level. Great Job! Quite a prediction on the RFA's and Green.
Reply/Quote