Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Combine Mock Version 1.0
(03-15-2016, 01:25 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I can't get behind the Nkemdiche pick.  Of course it's not me interviewing him, but for all his talent he has two red flags, production and possibly character.  When you got more than one issue, i tend to look the other way.

I was torn between Spence and Nkemdiche... I think this is the kind of year that the bengals grab a guy with immense talent/potential that slips in the draft because of character concerns.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:06 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Let me ask you a question, what good is McCarron on this roster? He will sit on the sidelines with a clipboard in hand. We have to sell now before he loses his value.

And last time I checked a DE is a highly sought position in the NFL... But just because this guy can play DE or DT he isn't valuable enough for you? He may be a bad character guy, but we have the locker room to fix that. 

McCarron almost beat the steelers in the playoffs, and would have if the defense and Hill didn't ruin it at the end. Give him the credit he deserves. 

And isn't the entire point of a mock draft predicting "what could happen"? Your narrow mindedness makes me think that you are incapable of complex thought.

I'm not opposed to trading for McCarron, but I would be flabbergasted if we got even a single trade offer.   While he played serviceable for the team at the end of the year this was a near undefeated NFL team when he took over and one of the best rosters Cincinnati has ever had.  Some would say we almost won that playoff game despite having him in at quarterback.  I'm actually a fan of the kid and I think he has a much cleaner throwing motion and delivery that Dalton, but with Cleveland our most likely trade partner and them drafting in prime position to get a quarterback I don't see the trade happening.  That said it would be in Cleveland best interest to drop down in the first round and pick up maybe a 2nd round and 3rd round pick.  Then trade us a 2nd for him.  They could also draft the kid out of Ohio state as a 2nd option quarterback to compete for the starting position and still be able to positively build for the future.  

As far as your first round pick and his character.  The guy is not only questionable when it comes to his life choices, but also work ethic.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if this guy drops deep into the 2nd round on his personality alone.  The last thing this team needs is to replace a guy like peko with some lazy lieing *****.

If your idea of complex thought is living in fairy land where we make questionable decisions and everything goes our way than I guess i'm incapable of thinking that way.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 02:54 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Thought Nkemdiche got so high he fell out a window? Also, didn't he throw his teammate Tunsil under the bus at the combine? Also seems like he has effort concerns? Spence was popping Molly and suspended then we he could have earned his spot back he went and did it again. 

Dunlap had effort concerns.
Mj90 had effort concerns.

The good news is that Margus Hunt didn't.

Tunsil was at the party! And Nkemdiche said so!

Outrageous.

How DID he throw him under the bus?

Did he answer a question if Tunsil was at the party? Probably.

Lying about this fact and not having a consistent story with the other player might have looked worse.

Dunlap was suspended prior to his bowl game for a dui where he pass out at the wheel with the car in an intersection and the police broke into the car to put it into park.

I don't per se like his responses at the combine. But, the kid has talent. And could fill a big need. And might be the best player available.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 02:50 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm not opposed to trading for McCarron, but I would be flabbergasted if we got even a single trade offer.   While he played serviceable for the team at the end of the year this was a near undefeated NFL team when he took over and one of the best rosters Cincinnati has ever had.  Some would say we almost won that playoff game despite having him in at quarterback.  I'm actually a fan of the kid and I think he has a much cleaner throwing motion and delivery that Dalton, but with Cleveland our most likely trade partner and them drafting in prime position to get a quarterback I don't see the trade happening.  That said it would be in Cleveland best interest to drop down in the first round and pick up maybe a 2nd round and 3rd round pick.  Then trade us a 2nd for him.  They could also draft the kid out of Ohio state as a 2nd option quarterback to compete for the starting position and still be able to positively build for the future.  

As far as your first round pick and his character.  The guy is not only questionable when it comes to his life choices, but also work ethic.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if this guy drops deep into the 2nd round on his personality alone.  The last thing this team needs is to replace a guy like peko with some lazy lieing *****.

If your idea of complex thought is living in fairy land where we make questionable decisions and everything goes our way than I guess i'm incapable of thinking that way.

The market for a serviceable quarterback is unprecedented.

Bradford is getting paid more than dalton.
Kirk cousins was just franchise tagged.
Osweiler just got paid huge.

Mccarron has a market. The bengals are waiting for it to swell, and then should absolutely consider trading mccarron.
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000646352/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-wont-trade-aj-mccarron?campaign=Twitter_atn

so much for that trade

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2016, 10:02 AM)Okeana Wrote: The drudgery of reading this response was just as painful as I assumed it was going to be.  You offer no counter arguments other than... Well it could happen.  The same decision makers are making the picks this year and our chances of drafting a bad character guy in a non skill position in the first round is about as likely as the Browns giving us a 2nd round pick for a guy who could barely win with one of the best rosters in the NFL.  This mock is good enough... for me to poop on.

Prior to Gresham, bengals have only drafted one tight end ever in first round. 

Prior to zeitler, the bengals have never drafted a guard in first round. 

Prior to Eifert, the bengals wouldn't draft two first round tight ends because prior to Gresham they had only drafted on tight end. 

When had the bengals ever drafted olinemen in the 1st and 2nd round?  Maybe, last year was the first year. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 07:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000646352/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-wont-trade-aj-mccarron?campaign=Twitter_atn

so much for that trade

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820fc879/article/owner-bengals-wont-trade-palmer-consider-qb-to-be-retired

It sounds just as likely as this trade, huh?
Reply/Quote
you live in a world of 1% chances

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 10:28 PM)Bengalfan11164 Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820fc879/article/owner-bengals-wont-trade-palmer-consider-qb-to-be-retired

It sounds just as likely as this trade, huh?

this isn't remotely the same situation.  Palmer forced the trade.

Reply/Quote
And in this case the QB market will force the trade...

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote