Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Day 2 FA Mock
OK, so we didn't get a top LB in FA. Reader and Waynes changed my thoughts slightly on the draft but not much. This is what I've got. We'll see if the rumors about Isiah Wynne in the Dalton to the Pats trade proves to be true. This is what I've got for now. I used TDN. Did 2 back to back. Only one thing changed, and that's #33. My aim was to help us get faster on D to sure up the perimeters.

1 Joe Burrow QB LSU - Future of the Franchise

2 Patrick Queen LB LSU / Zach Baun Wisconsin I'd rather have a legit 3 down LB, and Queen fits that bill, but he likely won't be there. If not, Baun would be a great OLB/Edge guy who excels at many things. If neither of them is there, then Delpit probably will be. I'd take Murray, too.

3 Isaiah Wilson OT UGa - I chose him over Prince, because he's so much better in the run game. Mixon will love this pick

4 Akeem Davis-Gaither LB App State - Whether we take Queen or Baun, we need our D to be fast and physical. Davis-Gaither would fill that need.

5 Anfernee Jennings Edge Bama - See Above (fast & physical) More outside pressure on the QB.

6 Antoine Brooks Jr. S Maryland - See Above (fast & physical) Heard him described as a possible nickel corner. That could offset the loss of Dennard.

7 Binjimen Victor WR OSU - Victor reminds me alot of Chase Claypool. Tall and fast, but I think he has better YAC ability
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 03:58 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: OK, so we didn't get a top LB in FA. Reader and Waynes changed my thoughts slightly on the draft but not much. This is what I've got. We'll see if the rumors about Isiah Wynne in the Dalton to the Pats trade proves to be true. This is what I've got for now. I used TDN. Did 2 back to back. Only one thing changed, and that's #33. My aim was to help us get faster on D to sure up the perimeters.

1 Joe Burrow QB LSU - Future of the Franchise

2 Patrick Queen LB LSU / Zach Baun Wisconsin  I'd rather have a legit 3 down LB, and Queen fits that bill, but he likely won't be there. If not, Baun would be a great OLB/Edge guy who excels at many things. If neither of them is there, then Delpit probably will be. I'd take Murray, too.

3 Isaiah Wilson OT UGa - I chose him over Prince, because he's so much better in the run game. Mixon will love this pick

4 Akeem Davis-Gaither LB App State - Whether we take Queen or Baun, we need our D to be fast and physical. Davis-Gaither would fill that need.

5 Anfernee Jennings Edge Bama - See Above (fast & physical) More outside pressure on the QB.

6 Antoine Brooks Jr. S Maryland - See Above (fast & physical) Heard him described as a possible nickel corner. That could offset the loss of Dennard.

7 Binjimen Victor WR OSU - Victor reminds me alot of Chase Claypool. Tall and fast, but I think he has better YAC ability

I love this as long as the 2nd pick is Baun. I still don't like Queen's lack of production or his ability to stop the run.

I like Baun much better in both of these areas.

Love the thought of getting all those guys. Especially Wilson, Gaither and Jennings. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I love this as long as the 2nd pick is Baun. I still don't like Queen's lack of production or his ability to stop the run.

I like Baun much better in both of these areas.

Love the thought of getting all those guys. Especially Wilson, Gaither and Jennings. Rock On

Agreed. Neither might be there at 33, I had one TDN mock where I had to choose between Delpit, Baun, & Murray. I think that's the one where I chose Baun. Baun could be our version of TJ Watt, though he might be more versatile than Watt. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Baun will go to New England. They lost some outside linebackers. Hard to say though, maybe they go wide-out. They are in a great spot to get either, but the depth at WR maybe makes them think they could wait until round 3 for WR.

I could see the top two safeties off the board by the second as well. Cowboys nab one. Then theres a few others that would be looking at the second safety.

After the Raiders and Jags invested in LB, I could see them possibly looking at other needs in round 1. This could mean one of Murray or Queen falls. I could still see both being gone though, meaning we'd have to look at an Edge Rusher that falls, a G, or a 3-4 End. Then look to linebacker in round 3 and 4.

I'm in the same boat though, those are the players I'd target at 2 if available. I like sticking with edge, safety, and linebacker throughout the draft as well as guard. Grab a WR or corner late.
Reply/Quote
I'd love this draft. I'm probably one of the Baun over Queen guys though. I might go with more of a coverage-type ILB over either Jennings or Gaither. It feels like Jennings, Gaither, and Queen are all edge/OLB types.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:15 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Agreed. Neither might be there at 33, I had one TDN mock where I had to choose between Delpit, Baun, & Murray. I think that's the one where I chose Baun. Baun could be our version of TJ Watt, though he might be more versatile than Watt. 

Yea, it's getting a big crazy, I did one and got Espena in 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:48 PM)pledgi Wrote: I'd love this draft.  I'm probably one of the Baun over Queen guys though.  I might go with more of a coverage-type ILB over either Jennings or Gaither.  It feels like Jennings, Gaither, and Queen are all edge/OLB types.

I would not be surprised if our draft board comes back up in the late 1st and gives up maybe a 4th and fifth to get Baun.He is that good and we are going to be dealing.I know Zac and his boys want a top linebacker,maybe two in this draft and they are going after at least one of the top 3.Their board has been set and linebacker is on their minds.Hopefully one of the top three will be there but they really like Baun.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 05:42 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I would not be surprised if our draft board comes back up in the late 1st and gives up maybe a 4th and fifth to get Baun.He is that good and we are going to be dealing.I know Zac and his boys want a top linebacker,maybe two in this draft and they are going after at least one of the top 3.Their board has been set and linebacker is on their minds.Hopefully one of the top three will be there but they really like Baun.

I think I prefer Murray, but I'd love Baun. If we take him at 33, I hope we move up again into the 2d to snag Malick Harrison. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 02:44 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I think I prefer Murray, but I'd love Baun. If we take him at 33, I hope we move up again into the 2d to snag Malick Harrison. 

I like Queen better after watching him late in the year, he is a great cover backer and got much better at wrapping up as 
the season went on. Murray has lots more production though and I also like Baun probably better than Queen cause of this.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Queen better after watching him late in the year, he is a great cover backer and got much better at wrapping up as 
the season went on. Murray has lots more production though and I also like Baun probably better than Queen cause of this.

I actually like Baun more than Queen or Murray. I honestly don't see all 3 there at 33 though.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I actually like Baun more than Queen or Murray. I honestly don't see all 3 there at 33 though.

Same, but I think one of them should be. If not get the best OL or WR available IMO.

Get this Offense rolling now that the Defense has been upgraded big time. Don't need a LB at 33.

There are some good ones that will be around in the 3rd and 4th.
Reply/Quote