Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Draft Roster Moves
It is now time for phase #3, we had pre-draft free agency, then the draft and now post draft moves via cuts, trades or adding free agents. Teams generally cut vets after the draft, some within weeks, some within months or try to trade guys like the LB from the Jets who lost his job to Mosely, but is paid starter money.

Who should we cut and when? Who should be look at adding via trade or free agency?

I think we are still questionable at LB and we did not address WR depth either via FA or the draft.

I hope we go after Collins who is free agent or Lee who I think we could get for 5th round pick.

As for a subtraction, I would try and trade Hart for a 6th round pick. Lots of team with major OL issues so we may find a taker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is now time for phase #3, we had pre-draft free agency, then the draft and now post draft moves via cuts, trades or adding free agents. Teams generally cut vets after the draft, some within weeks, some within months or try to trade guys like the LB from the Jets who lost his job to Mosely, but is paid starter money.

Who should we cut and when? Who should be look at adding via trade or free agency?

I think we are still questionable at LB and we did not address WR depth either via FA or the draft.

I hope we go after Collins who is free agent or Lee who I think we could get for 5th round pick.

As for a subtraction, I would try and trade Hart for a 6th round pick. Lots of team with major OL issues so we may find a taker.

If you wait long enough Lee will be cut. As for Hart he isn't going anywhere. Even on a trade we eat his cap hit so it makes little sense. I think it is more likely Glenn or Boling would be traded.
Reply/Quote
I don’t see anybody on the roster that needs to be cut right now. No declining vets on stupid contracts (MJ). The only player I’d cut is Redmond and that’s just because he sucks.

EDIT: After responding to this post, I went over to check out the ESPN news and there’s a new article about vets being cut post draft. Maybe you read that before starting this thread or you’re actually Bill Barnwell of ESPN;
“Fans often rush to defend signings that address positions of weakness, even if the deals seem curious to outsiders. It's telling, then, that the Bengals' decision to re-sign Hart to a three-year, $16.2 million contract was met by outright derision from Cincy fans. The Bengals guaranteed Hart $5 million but subsequently used a first-round pick on Alabama's Jonah Williams, who is presumably ticketed for Hart's starting job at right tackle. Cincy could keep Hart as a swing option, but with a $900,000 base salary, the Bengals could shop him as a seventh lineman, given how badly some of the league needs even middling offensive linemen.”
Reply/Quote
Trade Dalton now that we have his replacement?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:39 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don’t see anybody on the roster that needs to be cut right now. No declining vets on stupid contracts (MJ). The only player I’d cut is Redmond and that’s just because he sucks.

EDIT: After responding to this post, I went over to check out the ESPN news and there’s a new article about vets being cut post draft. Maybe you read that before starting this thread or you’re actually Bill Barnwell of ESPN;
“Fans often rush to defend signings that address positions of weakness, even if the deals seem curious to outsiders. It's telling, then, that the Bengals' decision to re-sign Hart to a three-year, $16.2 million contract was met by outright derision from Cincy fans. The Bengals guaranteed Hart $5 million but subsequently used a first-round pick on Alabama's Jonah Williams, who is presumably ticketed for Hart's starting job at right tackle. Cincy could keep Hart as a swing option, but with a $900,000 base salary, the Bengals could shop him as a seventh lineman, given how badly some of the league needs even middling offensive linemen.”

No, I missed that article. I just know fans hated the signing and would welcome him being cut. I am not saying he will or should be, but possible.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Trade Dalton now that we have his replacement?

Hilarious

Sadly, some will call for it.

Reply/Quote
Trade Hart? That's nuts. Our offensive line coach Jim Turner that urged us to sign him said,

" but if you really watch him play, he played with passion and I thought he played well."

“I just like what he brought to the table as far as energy is concerned. I think he’s an athlete and I think he’s a good player, a good, solid player.”
Reply/Quote
Sometimes veterans on other teams become expendable because their replacements are drafted. So keep an eye on who gets released.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: If you wait long enough Lee will be cut. As for Hart he isn't going anywhere. Even on a trade we eat his cap hit so it makes little sense. I think it is more likely Glenn or Boling would be traded.

I keep hearing Boling be traded, I don't agree but many think he has not played well since his second big contract. Strange, I thought Boling did very well filling in at LT in limited snaps.

Reply/Quote
No matter how much you hate Hart we are too thin at OT to let any of them go.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I keep hearing Boling be traded, I don't agree but many think he has not played well since his second big contract. Strange, I though Boling did very well filling in at LT in limited snaps.

We are still too thin at ANY O-line position to be trading or cutting anyone.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We are still too thin at ANY O-line position to be trading or cutting anyone.

I think this is true, unless Jordan works out year 1. If that's the case he can be your guard/swing tackle. You have Hopkins and Miller at Guard as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:57 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I keep hearing Boling be traded, I don't agree but many think he has not played well since his second big contract. Strange, I though Boling did very well filling in at LT in limited snaps.

I don't see how Boling could be traded. They only have Glenn, Hart, and Jonah for OT. Boling needs to be there for emergency OT in case two people get hurt. But if any OL were to be moved, I'd rather it be Glenn over Boling. Boling is only $5.75 mill against the cap this year and has proven to be able to handle LG and LT duties. Glenn's cap hit is $9.25 mill this year and $9.5 mill next year with only $2 mill in dead cap this year and no dead cap next year if traded/cut.

I think what's more likely to happen is:
- Keep all OTs this year
- Extend Boling this August
- Cut Redmond or Westerman this year
- Get 1-2 OTs next offseason through draft and/or FA
- Cut/trade Glenn and/or Hart next offseason
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 12:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see how Boling could be traded. They only have Glenn, Hart, and Jonah for OT. Boling needs to be there for emergency OT in case two people get hurt. But if any OL were to be moved, I'd rather it be Glenn over Boling. Boling is only $5.75 mill against the cap this year and has proven to be able to handle LG and LT duties. Glenn's cap hit is $9.25 mill this year and $9.5 mill next year with only $2 mill in dead cap this year and no dead cap next year if traded/cut.

- Keep all OTs this year

I agree with this. No ot should be cut, we don’t have the depth. I could see a guard being cut depending on how Jordan looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I am with Ocho and BenZoo. Don't be trading or cutting any O-lineman at this point, need all the players here for competition and for Turner to work with. I would wait and hope to pick up Lee if/when the Jets cut him.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 12:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't see how Boling could be traded. They only have Glenn, Hart, and Jonah for OT. Boling needs to be there for emergency OT in case two people get hurt. But if any OL were to be moved, I'd rather it be Glenn over Boling. Boling is only $5.75 mill against the cap this year and has proven to be able to handle LG and LT duties. Glenn's cap hit is $9.25 mill this year and $9.5 mill next year with only $2 mill in dead cap this year and no dead cap next year if traded/cut.

- Keep all OTs this year

Jordan can play emergency OT. That is why I think he is the most interesting player to watch in camp.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 12:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jordan can play emergency OT.

I don't want to see an emergency like that.

Give him a year to get bigger and stronger.  He is long enough to play OT (6'6") but he is still just 21 and needs to fill out more.

He is one of my favorite picks in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 12:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jordan can play emergency OT. That is why I think he is the most interesting player to watch in camp.

He can? I thought he only played OG and C up to this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 12:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He can? I thought he only played OG and C up to this point.

when drafted they said he could play tackle in a pinch...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 12:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He can? I thought he only played OG and C up to this point.

He may have, but he appears to have the athleticism and physical traits to give ot a try in camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote