Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Draft Roster Moves
(04-30-2019, 12:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jordan can play emergency OT. That is why I think he is the most interesting player to watch in camp.

(04-30-2019, 12:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He can? I thought he only played OG and C up to this point.

(04-30-2019, 12:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: He may have, but he appears to have the athleticism and physical traits to give ot a try in camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered the same thing too but it doesnt look likely...

Quote:“I came here thinking I was gonna be a tackle, and then I quickly realized that playing tackle in college is a lot different than playing tackle in high school,” Jordan said Wednesday. “For one, defensive ends are a lot faster.”

True. But the defensive ends he was going against two springs ago are also all on their way to the NFL, save for Nick Bosa, who will be going there next year. So maybe give the kid a break. Instead, Jordan got three days of reps at tackle in the spring of 2016 before moving to guard, where’s he’s been ever since.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/03/watch_out_for_michael_jordan_b.html
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 01:12 PM)Synric Wrote: I wondered the same thing too but it doesnt look likely...

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/03/watch_out_for_michael_jordan_b.html

He was going against some great Ends, kind of hard to take much from that...
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 01:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was going against some great Ends, kind of hard to take much from that...

They dont get easier in the NFL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: They dont get easier in the NFL.

Very true, however, with a full year of NFL weight program and proper coaching (since Ohio State is the poster-child for the most NFL-ready olineman Ninja), he definitely has the size and smarts to make a move (size more than anything, as he has a typical T's body).

Not at all calling for him to be our starting RT, even 3 years from now (unless he somehow becomes phenomenal), but surely he can develop into a swing T in the coming years, with his frame.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 01:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Very true, however, with a full year of NFL weight program and proper coaching (since Ohio State is the poster-child for the most NFL-ready olineman Ninja), he definitely has the size and smarts to make a move (size more than anything, as he has a typical T's body).

Not at all calling for him to be our starting RT, even 3 years from now (unless he somehow becomes phenomenal), but surely he can develop into a swing T in the coming years, with his frame.

I think hes going to be in serious competition for the RG spot and also a candidate to replace Clint Boling next season.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 01:30 PM)Synric Wrote: I think hes going to be in serious competition for the RG spot and also a candidate to replace Clint Boling next season.

Agreed; I believe that is also the plan for him.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 01:20 PM)Synric Wrote: They dont get easier in the NFL.

True.

(04-30-2019, 01:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Very true, however, with a full year of NFL weight program and proper coaching (since Ohio State is the poster-child for the most NFL-ready olineman Ninja), he definitely has the size and smarts to make a move (size more than anything, as he has a typical T's body).

Feel the same, that was also 3 years ago, Jordan should be much better now and more prepared for a switch if he has to. Like you said, Truck, he has the frame to play OT, that is a start, has very long arms, he just looks more like an OT than a Guard even if Guard is his position starting out here.

(04-30-2019, 01:30 PM)Synric Wrote: I think hes going to be in serious competition for the RG spot and also a candidate to replace Clint Boling next season.

Still think we need to re-sign Boling no matter what.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope we go after Collins who is free agent or Lee who I think we could get for 5th round pick.

(04-30-2019, 11:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: If you wait long enough Lee will be cut. 

When people first mentioned how we could get Lee for 5th round pick I figure he would not be worth anything, but after some research he actually reminds me of Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson.  Both of those guys were drafted in the first round based a lot on their athleticism.  Both of them started quite a bit before becoming free agents.  But both were considered underachievers so we were able to sign both of them to reasonable contracts.

Lee is a bit more of a "bust" than Howard or Lawson because it looks like he will be released instead of playing out his contract, but last year he had 74 tackles and 3 ints in just 12 games.  It appears he may just be mis-cast as a 3-4 ILB.  And like Lawson and Thomas he absolutely blew up at the combine.  Among LBs at the '16 event he was number one in the 40 (4.47) and long jump (11'1"), 3rd in the short shuttle (4.20), and 5th in vertical (35.5), 

Best thing is that he is still on a rookie contract and will just make $1.8 million next year.

So I have gone from "No thanks" to "Yes please".
Reply/Quote
ESPN has an article about players on each team in danger of being traded or cut now that the draft is over.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26632732/barnwell-every-nfl-team-most-likely-candidate-post-draft-trade-cut

In it the author mentions that Bobby Hart is almost certainly relegated to back up OT at this point, which makes his contract expensive for his role. He does, however, have a low base salary of 900k in 2019, so he could be an option to trade, possibly for some LB help.

He also mentions in the article that the Jets are likely going to cut or trade Darron Lee. They have until Thursday to pick up his 5th year option, so there's a good chance that, if he is dealt, it will be before that deadline (presumably so that the new team has the option to pick up that 5th year, if they would like).

I don't think either player will be cut, but I could see some potential for us trading for Darron Lee and I could see us maybe trading Hart, though the idea of anyone actually wanting to start Hart is pretty inconceivable, even at a relatively low base salary.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When people first mentioned how we could get Lee for 5th round pick I figure he would not be worth anything, but after some research he actually reminds me of Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson.  Both of those guys were drafted in the first round based a lot on their athleticism.  Both of them started quite a bit before becoming free agents.  But both were considered underachievers so we were able to sign both of them to reasonable contracts.

Lee is a bit more of a "bust" than Howard or Lawson because it looks like he will be released instead of playing out his contract, but last year he had 74 tackles and 3 ints in just 12 games.  It appears he may just be mis-cast as a 3-4 ILB.  And like Lawson and Thomas he absolutely blew up at the combine.  Among LBs at the '16 event he was number one in the 40 (4.47) and long jump (11'1"), 3rd in the short shuttle (4.20), and 5th in vertical (35.5), 

Best thing is that he is still on a rookie contract and will just make $1.8 million next year.

(04-30-2019, 02:07 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: ESPN has an article about players on each team in danger of being traded or cut now that the draft is over.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26632732/barnwell-every-nfl-team-most-likely-candidate-post-draft-trade-cut

In it the author mentions that Bobby Hart is almost certainly relegated to back up OT at this point, which makes his contract expensive for his role. He does, however, have a low base salary of 900k in 2019, so he could be an option to trade, possibly for some LB help.

He also mentions in the article that the Jets are likely going to cut or trade Darron Lee. They have until Thursday to pick up his 5th year option, so there's a good chance that, if he is dealt, it will be before that deadline (presumably so that the new team has the option to pick up that 5th year, if they would like).

I don't think either player will be cut, but I could see some potential for us trading for Darron Lee and I could see us maybe trading Hart, though the idea of anyone actually wanting to start Hart is pretty inconceivable, even at a relatively low base salary.

Good stuff, i still don't think we will trade Hart, he can try and compete for the RG position and may end up starting there. Would trade a 5th rounder for Lee in an instant. As Fred here says, Lee has lots of upside and could be like a Thomas Howard RIP or a Manny Lawson deal for us. Actually makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We are still too thin at ANY O-line position to be trading or cutting anyone.

I agree Fred, it would shock me if we cut or trade someone in 2019 unless we added someone better not yet in house.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When people first mentioned how we could get Lee for 5th round pick I figure he would not be worth anything, but after some research he actually reminds me of Thomas Howard and Manny Lawson.  Both of those guys were drafted in the first round based a lot on their athleticism.  Both of them started quite a bit before becoming free agents.  But both were considered underachievers so we were able to sign both of them to reasonable contracts.

Lee may be better suited for a 4-3 scheme than the 3-4 he played for Jets. Mosely made him expendable. My issue of waiting for cuts would be if he had to go through the waiver process, if so others could jump us. Give up a 6th or 7th if Jets are cutting him.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I am hoping that at least one veteran linebacker can be added to the mix at some point; whether it be via trade, current free agent or a release from another team.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 03:58 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I am hoping that at least one veteran linebacker can be added to the mix at some point; whether it be via trade, current free agent or a release from another team.

I agree, I think LB is still our weakest position group assuming Glasgow and Lawson are 100% healthy by game 1

Reply/Quote
Well as far as LB goes there just is not much of anything available when it comes to experience. I would really like to see the Bengals approach the Jets and see what sort of a deal that could make for Darron Lee.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Trade Dalton now that we have his replacement?

ThumbsUp

Ninja

Reply/Quote
Other than Redmond , who is complete garbage they have to keep all until camp settles things out. Glenn has an injury history so they have to keep Hart, even if his contract was $1M. New system and new coaches, lets let TC sort it out.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't want to see an emergency like that.

Give him a year to get bigger and stronger.  He is long enough to play OT (6'6") but he is still just 21 and needs to fill out more.

He is one of my favorite picks in the draft.

Fun fact... Justin Smith was the emergency long snapper during his days as a Bengal.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jamie Collins on a 1 year contract would be ok in my book.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2019, 09:19 PM)jason Wrote: Fun fact... Justin Smith was the emergency long snapper during his days as a Bengal.

I wonder how many times the emergency long snapper gets called into duty?
Reply/Quote