Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Post Draft Thoughts
(05-01-2019, 06:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sometimes you need that thumping LB. The Rams sure needed one in the Superbowl...

The Rams needed to convert a third down more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 08:58 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: The Rams needed to convert a third down more than anything.

It would appear that Taylor would agree with you and is building a physical front that is going to move the chains.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 04:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Two things really impressed me and hopefully these guys pan out:

1.  The emphasis on character
2.  The emphasis on the O-line.

I honestly just think the emphasis was on offensive line because Williams was there. IF he wasn't and Bush was there, I think we would have taken Bush.

IF Williams AND Bush were both there...who knows?

The Bengals may have been content to ride into the season with Hart and Glenn as the Tackles.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 09:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I honestly just think the emphasis was on offensive line because Williams was there. IF he wasn't and Bush was there, I think we would have taken Bush.

IF Williams AND Bush were both there...who knows?

The Bengals may have been content to ride into the season with Hart and Glenn as the Tackles.

Bush was not even on the radar. This draft clearly had a direction and a plan and Bush was not in it. It was very apparent once they started selecting what their emphasis was and I do not believe for a second that it was plan B because Bush was gone. Sorry not buying it.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 09:44 PM)OSUfan Wrote: It would appear that Taylor would agree with you and is building a physical front that is going to move the chains.

Pound the football, our offensive line is going to be as physical as any in the NFL this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:25 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Hart was not even on the radar. This draft clearly had a direction and a plan and Hart was not in it. It was very apparent once they started selecting what their emphasis was and I do not believe for a second that it was plan B because Hart was gone. Sorry not buying it.

I think you meant Bush and I concur. 

I have no idea why some are so determined to deny the idea that our new staff could have actually had a plan for the draft and that Jonah Williams was a part of it. Lest we forget they pretty much knew what most of the teams ahead of them were looking for and also knew that a trade up would pretty much be for a QB. So if we believe ZT and Williams was Plan A then Bush was Plan B.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 08:39 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I have to admit that I have been impressed with both Lou and Tem in the interviews I have seen them do so far. It seems like Lou would like to simplify defensive schemes and allow guys to play football like they have all their lives rather than so much thinking. He seems like a guy that can identify player strengths and hopefully will scheme to maximize this.

Feel the same, been really impressed with these guys so far. Was never impressed with Haslett at all and Austin didn't even know that most of these Corners are man Corners, not soft zone CB's. This should be completely apparent when Lou watches the tape of last season. As long as these guys put these players into a position to succeed this should be a good Defense.

No more trying to fit square pegs into round holes like Marv and company tried to do so often.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 08:58 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: The Rams needed to convert a third down more than anything.

Very true.

(05-01-2019, 10:39 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Pound the football, our offensive line is going to be as physical as any in the NFL this year.

That is what i am talkin about.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 11:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think you meant Bush and I concur. 

I have no idea why some are so determined to deny the idea that our new staff could have actually had a plan for the draft and that Jonah Williams was a part of it. Lest we forget they pretty much knew what most of the teams ahead of them were looking for and also knew that a trade up would pretty much be for a QB. So if we believe ZT and Williams was Plan A then Bush was Plan B.

Lol...yes I did and thank you for pointing that out I have went back and corrected it. I am not even sure that Bush was plan B. I believe there were other OTs that they had in mind and or they would have looked at trading back for another OT if they did not feel the value was there at 11.
Reply/Quote