Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Draft Unit Grades
He has us with the best WR and safety groups in the league. Some other notable grades - our OL is average (obviously a huge step up from where we’ve been the last 6 years). I think our CB’s should be a little higher, but the real disrespect is at LB. Logan Wilson is a stud, Pratt is solid, and ADG & Bailey have as much upside as a lot of rookies that were just added in this draft. Another surprise is there’s a handful of teams significantly worse than us at TE, which is hard to believe.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He has us with the best WR and safety groups in the league. Some other notable grades - our OL is average (obviously a huge step up from where we’ve been the last 6 years). I think our CB’s should be a little higher, but the real disrespect is at LB. Logan Wilson is a stud, Pratt is solid, and ADG & Bailey have as much upside as a lot of rookies that were just added in this draft. Another surprise is there’s a handful of teams significantly worse than us at TE, which is hard to believe.

Red should mean bad, blue should mean good

this chart annoys me
Reply/Quote
Don't understand why are LBs are ranked so low.

TE I assume we are downgraded because of lack of depth. I don't see Hurst as a below average TE at all.

RB is rated too low also, but I think a lot of tha can be blamed on the o-line from last year. Mixon is not the best RB in the league but he is better than #15. Again this might have a lot to do with some teams having more than one good RB.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't understand why are LBs are ranked so low.

TE I assume we are downgraded because of lack of depth. I don't see Hurst as a below average TE at all.

RB is rated too low also, but I think a lot of tha can be blamed on the o-line from last year. Mixon is not the best RB in the league but he is better than #15. Again this might have a lot to do with some teams having more than one good RB.

It’s position groups as a whole. The drop off after Hurst is massive. Not quite as bad at RB, but Perine is nothing special, and people are sleeping on Evans.

I’m not really sure why the Rams are higher at QB either. Burrow is better than Stafford, and they have a bunch of scrubs at backup just like we do.

Reply/Quote
I know those other QBs are great players but please show these rankings to Burrow.
Am I reading it right that he has Rodgers as the #1 QB? I disagree if they are taking playoffs in to consideration because he has not done much in the post season over the last couple of years.

Our LBs are solid players so this ranking is too low for sure.
Reply/Quote
Herbert above Burrow..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Herbert above Burrow..

They have a better back up in Chase Daniel.

But still.  .  .  
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Red should mean bad, blue should mean good

this chart annoys me

I think they're basing it off of Baseball's hitter heatmaps, like this.

[Image: tulo_r_2012_2014_pitchpercent.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He has us with the best WR and safety groups in the league. Some other notable grades - our OL is average (obviously a huge step up from where we’ve been the last 6 years). I think our CB’s should be a little higher, but the real disrespect is at LB. Logan Wilson is a stud, Pratt is solid, and ADG & Bailey have as much upside as a lot of rookies that were just added in this draft. Another surprise is there’s a handful of teams significantly worse than us at TE, which is hard to believe.

According to this chart, Ravens have worse WR group (by far) of 32 teams and didn't even draft anyone among their 11 picks. Do they have any cap space to sign someone, or will that all be eaten up by needing to sign 11 draft picks, including 2 first rounders?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 02:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: According to this chart, Ravens have worse WR group (by far) of 32 teams and didn't even draft anyone among their 11 picks. Do they have any cap space to sign someone, or will that all be eaten up by needing to sign 11 draft picks, including 2 first rounders?

It seems on offense the ravens want to run the ball a lot and throw to the tight ends

and of course, try to play top 10 defense
Reply/Quote
Was sitting here looking at it going WTF and then realized red was good. lol
Reply/Quote
Would love to see how special teams were rated.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He has us with the best WR and safety groups in the league. Some other notable grades - our OL is average (obviously a huge step up from where we’ve been the last 6 years). I think our CB’s should be a little higher, but the real disrespect is at LB. Logan Wilson is a stud, Pratt is solid, and ADG & Bailey have as much upside as a lot of rookies that were just added in this draft. Another surprise is there’s a handful of teams significantly worse than us at TE, which is hard to believe.

Wilson and Pratt were playing somewhat up and down through a good amount of last season.
They started strong and ended strong last season though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:08 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Red should mean bad, blue should mean good

this chart annoys me

Green should be good, red should be bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
So in the AFC,
1. Bills
2. Bengals

Kinda surprised GB rated so high with the low WR/TE rankings...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 03:12 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Kinda surprised GB rated so high with the low WR/TE rankings...

WR and TE combined only account for 15% of the total.  QB alone accounts for 28%, and O-line 12%.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s position groups as a whole. The drop off after Hurst is massive. Not quite as bad at RB, but Perine is nothing special, and people are sleeping on Evans.

I’m not really sure why the Rams are higher at QB either. Burrow is better than Stafford, and they have a bunch of scrubs at backup just like we do.

Stafford, Burrow and Herbert are all neck and neck, essentially. I have no issues with any of these guys being interchanged based on 2021. I do think that Burrow is going to jump out ahead of all of them in 2022. Joe finished 7th in EPA per pass attempt rankings for 2021, but from week 10 on, he was 2nd. The Burrow that finished the season was different than the Burrow who began it, and that shows up in the turnovers column. A full, healthy offseason with an improved offensive line will have Burrow in the top three all season, I think. 

For reference, over that same timespan (week 10+), Stafford was 9th and Herbert was 3rd. Why did Stafford and Herbert finish above Burrow? Herbert was consistent throughout the season, Stafford came out on fire, and Burrow was inconsistent through week 10. Prior to week 10, Herbert was 11th, Stafford was 1st and Burrow was 21st. The Cleveland game killed Burrow's ranking, sending him from 12th to 21st. He lit it up from that point on and I think we continue to see that in 2022, firmly putting him into top five discussions. 
Reply/Quote

Yeah, the disrespect (and I hate using that word) for the LB and CB groups is ridiculous.  They are a very deep and talented team in both groups.  
Reply/Quote