Poll: Will the General Mood on the message board become euphoric Post Draft ?
Count on it – Holes will appear filled & Post Draft euphoria will set in on the Board
The Draft moves the mood towards positive but most Posters stay below euphoric
Most Posters will keep an even keel Post Draft
Something about the Draft Plan seems off just enough to move the mood to negative on the Board
Not this time – Most Posters know better than to get too excited Post Draft
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Draft message board Euphoria predictor POLL
With eleven picks in the 2019 Draft many players of many positions will be drafted by the Bengals.

Fans will have faces and names to believe in as potential hole fillers once the Draft ends.

The Bengal's PLAN will be plain to see.

Many will fall in love with some of the various players drafted and the Roster that was once seen as having "holes will appear to have been tactically upgraded.

Threads will appear for likely every player drafted and excitement will build for many of those drafted players.

The Roster will appear to be bolstered to an acceptable level by many fans.

Post Draft Euphoria has ensued in the past on the Message Board and may again.

Will the General Mood on the Message Board shift to euphoric Post Draft ?

Take the Poll...
Reply/Quote
I'm already in a negative mood about the draft results and it hasn't even happened yet. That's something new.

What's got me turned off most is Zac Taylor's press conference where he says he doesn't care who makes the draft choice as long as the team improves. This is a signal that he, Taylor, has limited say in the picks and I already know Mike Brown's history in the draft and Tobin's picks have been questionable. What gave me hope before was that Marvin was heavily involved in the draft. I had assumed that Taylor would be extended the same authority which doesn't appear to be the case.

There are those who will believe whoever we pick will be elite, no matter how poorly they play. They are infected with Mike Brown-itis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If they can walk away with 3 picks that I think could be immediate good contributors, I'll be optimistic. They have to get at least one good LB and one good OT for me though.

From what I've heard this week from Lapham, it sounds like they are targeting OT, LB, and DT through Rd 3, which I very much agree with.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
You figure they need at least 2 or 3 draft picks to contribute at some point this season, and God willing one of those is a LB.

That's why a QB is Round 1 scares me. If their first pick of the draft is a guy that will likely not see playing time this season (barring injury to Dalton), it puts that much more pressure on nailing the mid-late round picks.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
why ask now why not wait 3 days?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 01:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: why ask now why not wait 3 days?

I ask now because I tend to think the mood will become generally euphoric no matter what the Bengals do in the Draft. (Barring something crazy)

Unless they went Punter and kicker in rounds one and two, for example.

With eleven draft picks there will be plenty of new prospects brought in that will appear to fill holes in the Roster.

Fans will fall in love with these new prospects and the Bengal's Plan will seem viable to many.

Maybe it really will be a solid Plan or maybe not.

The Draft picks get fans believing again and buying back in.

Just seems to me to be a cycle and we are about to re-enter the Post Draft Euphoria stage.
Reply/Quote
We usually get 2.5 good players in the draft if the Bengals draft a good LB and a Good RT then this place should be positive.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The draft is automatic kool-aid. Some people on here like the draft more than the season itself. Others tend to act like we're the only team that drafted and each player will work out and fill a need. Then you have the automatic hype for whatever 6th-7th round WR we take. Surely the next Jerry Rice. We'll also have at least 1-2 hyped UFA's that amount to nothing over the long haul.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 02:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We usually get 2.5 good players in the draft if the Bengals draft a good LB and a Good RT then this place should be positive.

I agree.

For all of the hand wringing fans do over a lack of enough quality Free Agent moves by the Bengals; the Draft usually provides enough HOPE that whatever holes existed Pre Draft were filled by the New rookies coming in Post Draft.

Fans start to believe again each year and buy in to that year's Plan.

The "holes" get penciled in as filled by the New rookies by many fans making the Roster appear to be ready enough to win.

Yet a high percentage of these rookies won't have an immediate positive impact.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 03:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The draft is automatic kool-aid.

Exactly and it tends to make the Front Office look smart in the short term because none of the rookies have failed yet.

A slim pickings Free Agency by the Bengals gets partially forgotten for a while also because the rookies keep gaining positive buzz as being the answers to the holes the Free agents might have filled.
Reply/Quote
Take a surplus of offensive tackles and Linebackers and I will be happy.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 03:04 PM)depthchart: Wrote: For all of the hand wringing fans do over a lack of enough quality Free Agent moves by the Bengals; the Draft usually provides enough HOPE that whatever holes existed Pre Draft were filled by the New rookies coming in Post Draft.

Fans start to believe again each year and buy in to that year's Plan.

The "holes" get penciled in as filled by the New rookies by many fans making the Roster appear to be ready enough to win.

I mean... that's kind of what being a fan is about, isn't it?  I want to believe!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 03:32 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I mean... that's kind of what being a fan is about, isn't it?  I want to believe!

I agree.

Post Draft is a great time to be a Bengal fan and I also buy in to many of the Bengal Plans.

I even thought that Cedric would surely be developed and ready when Whitworth left & that the Bengals would not have let Whitworth leave unless they knew that Cedric was ready.

Then last year that the O-line would be ready enough with Pollack brought in and the Glenn/Price additions. Linebackers bolstered with Preston Brown and new rookie Malik working his way in.

Hope springs eternal this time of year and I do enjoy that chance for optimism.

But have we been good fans or suckers at times. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 12:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm already in a negative mood about the draft results and it hasn't even happened yet. That's something new.

BengalChris in a negative mood?

And that is supposed to be "new"?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The draft is not "automatic Kool Aid".

There will be a large portion who will be upset no matter who we take.
Reply/Quote
If the bengals go qb half the board will be ecstatic, the other half pissed.

If non qb the half that is happy will ***** about them not taking “their” guy. Probably 5-10% will actually be pleased with the pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If the bengals go qb half the board will be ecstatic, the other half pissed.

If non qb the half that is happy will ***** about them not taking “their” guy.  Probably 5-10% will actually be pleased with the pick

No doubt. QB at 11 would be the most polarizing pick possible. We'd have a summer full of debates on here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt. QB at 11 would be the most polarizing pick possible. We'd have a summer full of debates on here.

Fred's head would explode, which could make some Posters on here happy.  Tongue

Reply/Quote
I'm anxious to get it going. Exciting times with a new head coach. Hoping for a OT & a LB early.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'm anxious to get it going. Exciting times with a new head coach. Hoping for a OT & a LB early.

The New Coach & Staff definitely adds to the excitement factor plus adds some hope.

Might as well get euphoric while we have the chance... 
Reply/Quote