Poll: Will the General Mood on the message board become euphoric Post Draft ?
Count on it – Holes will appear filled & Post Draft euphoria will set in on the Board
The Draft moves the mood towards positive but most Posters stay below euphoric
Most Posters will keep an even keel Post Draft
Something about the Draft Plan seems off just enough to move the mood to negative on the Board
Not this time – Most Posters know better than to get too excited Post Draft
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Draft message board Euphoria predictor POLL
(04-26-2019, 03:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I kind of didn't want us to take Bush.

The Steelers valued Bush high enough to trade up for him & giving up a 2nd rounder this year and a 3rd next year.

If Bush is anything like Ryan Shazier then Bush could be worth that move and maybe the Steelers burned the Bengals. That is if the Bengals rated Bush higher than Jonah Williams & Bush becomes a Star.

The Bengals may have wanted Bush over Jonah.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 06:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agreed.

And he had some talent to work with.

That's what made it infuriating. We still have some all-time Bengals greats on the defensive side. Namely Atkins and Dunlap, and to a lesser degree Burfict. We have some decent to good guys in our secondary. Basically, there was no excuse for it to be that bad.

(04-26-2019, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I might have to eat a little crow here.

I know some people wanted Bush, but overall most people seem happy with our pick.

**caveat** I was not here when the pick was made last night.

Rightfully so, though. It was just a good sound pick that's hard to complain about.

Not only did it fit a need, we got the best lineman in the entire draft at 11. 

So in this instance, not kool-aid. That will come when we draft some scrub WR in the 7th that everyone will get excited about.  Wink
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Didn't see this thread till today the 2nd day of the draft but based on the first pick i say it gets more positive around here...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2019, 04:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I'm anxious to get it going. Exciting times with a new head coach. Hoping for a OT & a LB early.

The NFL in it's infinite marketing genius will drag this out as long as humanly possible in a 3 day window. The first night alone, all 1st rounders we see "On the clock"...10 minutes, then another 10 for "the pick is in" and probably another 10 for commercial breaks, bathroom breaks, makeup breaks and whatever breaks they can come up with. I'm not surprised they don't start at 9 am and drag it all the way to midnight with tourist commercials for every NFL city, colleges, previews of every possible "prospect", speeches by all team owners, coaches, former and current players, ref speeches, groundskeepers speeches and let's not forget beer concession speeches.. On the clock would be a 45 minutes with another 45 for the pick is in then god forbid more hype for the actual pick..and don't forget a special segment for the seat manufacturers in every NFL stadium..and stadium paint..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote