Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-FA March Mock
For the most part, FA is done for the Bengals.
They might get some additional depth players, and they might even re-sign someone like Spain back to compete with Carman at LG.
However, the team is likely mostly set going into the draft, so I felt it was time to finally do another mock draft.

I might end up doing one more mock before the draft if any important FAs end up getting added, but I feel pretty good about this one.

1) Kaiir Elam, CB Florida (6'1", 196 lb) - With the release of Waynes, the Bengals need a depth CB who can compete with Apple to be the outside starter opposite of Awuzie. Elam has the size, length, speed, and mentality to be a great outside CB in the NFL.

2) Josh Paschal, DL UK (6'3", 268 lb) - Versatile DL who could be a perfect base 4-3 DE who swings inside in nickel. I could see Paschal adding value in nickel as a rookie for sure.

3) Jelani Woods, TE Virginia (6'7", 259 lb) - Big TE who was finally used more as a pass catcher when he transferred to Virginia from Ok St, and it paid off. He's not quite as fast as someone like OJ Howard or Kyle Pitts, but he's a big target with good mitts that does have some speed. He also has had some success blocking, but there's still some grooming to be done in this area to take full advantage of his monstrous size. I like Woods as a TE3 who could potentially replace Sample as TE2 in 2023, maybe even one day developing into a starter.

4) Max Mitchell, OT Louisiana (6'6", 307 lb) - A team leader who has played both OT positions. Was PFF's highest-rated OT this past season in college. Looked better and more athletic on tape than the numbers he put up at Combine, so I think he lasts to Day 3. I like Mitchell as the new swing OT as he continues to work on some things to maybe one day start.

5) Romeo Doubs, WR Nevada (6'2", 201 lb) - Accomplished outside WR and PR in the MWC. I think Doubs can come in to replace Tate as the new WR4. He makes big plays and has speed to go along with good size. He also lacks fear, having no problem playing in traffic. Put up 138 receptions for 2111 yards and 20 TDs across 20 games the past two seasons.
EDIT - Completely forgot to put on here too that Doubs is an accomplished PR. 37 PRs in college for 463 yards (12.5 YPR) with 1 TD. Averaged 14.2 YPR on 12 returns this past season.

6) Cameron Jurgens, OC Nebraska (6'3", 307 lb) - An athletic OC who was undersized in college but was proven effective. His listed playing weight this past season was 290 lbs, but he jumped to 307 by the Combine. Many believe that what he most lacked was play strength and bulk to better drive back bigger defenders. There's optimism he can become an above average starter down the road and maybe even be a solid one right away with this added bulk. I like Jurgens as a late-round sleeper who can compete with Trey Hill for the backup C duties.

7-NYG) Jeremiah Gennel, LB UNC (6'1", 225 lb) - Well-rounded leader of the Tar Heel defense that could be a quality depth LB to replace Evans.

7) Clint Ratkovich, FB/H-B Northern Illinois (6'1", 231 lb) - Bigger back who many analysts feel confident can serve in a versatile role of short-yardage, goal-line, pass catcher, and FB/H-B due to his skill set and size. He fills Perine's role admirably but adds additional value by serving as FB/H-B.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Out of all of the Post FA mock drafts, this is the one I can get behind the most. I still would like a Punter at round 5 or 6, but not desperate. I like Elam a lot and I think he fits the most of what we really need a DB that can battle a WR#1 (vs. Amari, Devante, OBJ). Good length. Heard some disturbing background on him though so it will carry a risk, but he fits the bill as the best pick at #31. Also like the round 3 TE pick. You should apprentice with Duke.
Reply/Quote
I like it. Nice mock. The only position I think they'll also hit is Safety, possibly in the first 2-3 rounds if the right guy is there with Bates & Bell being in the last year of their deals.

I say this every year, but I wouldn't mind seeing them trade back from the first to gain some more middle round picks. The only way I don't see that being a real option is if one of the CBs they like is there at 31.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2022, 11:33 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I like it. Nice mock. The only position I think they'll also hit is Safety, possibly in the first 2-3 rounds if the right guy is there with Bates & Bell being in the last year of their deals.

I say this every year, but I wouldn't mind seeing them trade back from the first to gain some more middle round picks. The only way I don't see that being a real option is if one of the CBs they like is there at 31.

Safety is a definite possibility, but I chose to not address it because I would hope the Bengals would address safety in FA like they have been.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For the most part, FA is done for the Bengals.
They might get some additional depth players, and they might even re-sign someone like Spain back to compete with Carman at LG.
However, the team is likely mostly set going into the draft, so I felt it was time to finally do another mock draft.

I might end up doing one more mock before the draft if any important FAs end up getting added, but I feel pretty good about this one.

1) Kaiir Elam, CB Florida (6'1", 196 lb) - With the release of Waynes, the Bengals need a depth CB who can compete with Apple to be the outside starter opposite of Awuzie. Elam has the size, length, speed, and mentality to be a great outside CB in the NFL.

2) Josh Paschal, DL UK (6'3", 268 lb) - Versatile DL who could be a perfect base 4-3 DE who swings inside in nickel. I could see Paschal adding value in nickel as a rookie for sure.

3) Jelani Woods, TE Virginia (6'7", 259 lb) - Big TE who was finally used more as a pass catcher when he transferred to Virginia from Ok St, and it paid off. He's not quite as fast as someone like OJ Howard or Kyle Pitts, but he's a big target with good mitts that does have some speed. He also has had some success blocking, but there's still some grooming to be done in this area to take full advantage of his monstrous size. I like Woods as a TE3 who could potentially replace Sample as TE2 in 2023, maybe even one day developing into a starter.

4) Max Mitchell, OT Louisiana (6'6", 307 lb) - A team leader who has played both OT positions. Was PFF's highest-rated OT this past season in college. Looked better and more athletic on tape than the numbers he put up at Combine, so I think he lasts to Day 3. I like Mitchell as the new swing OT as he continues to work on some things to maybe one day start.

5) Romeo Doubs, WR Nevada (6'2", 201 lb) - Accomplished outside WR and PR in the MWC. I think Doubs can come in to replace Tate as the new WR4. He makes big plays and has speed to go along with good size. He also lacks fear, having no problem playing in traffic. Put up 138 receptions for 2111 yards and 20 TDs across 20 games the past two seasons.

6) Cameron Jurgens, OC Nebraska (6'3", 307 lb) - An athletic OC who was undersized in college but was proven effective. His listed playing weight this past season was 290 lbs, but he jumped to 307 by the Combine. Many believe that what he most lacked was play strength and bulk to better drive back bigger defenders. There's optimism he can become an above average starter down the road and maybe even be a solid one right away with this added bulk. I like Jurgens as a late-round sleeper who can compete with Trey Hill for the backup C duties.

7-NYG) Jeremiah Gennel, LB UNC (6'1", 225 lb) - Well-rounded leader of the Tar Heel defense that could be a quality depth LB to replace Evans.

7) Clint Ratkovich, FB/H-B Northern Illinois (6'1", 231 lb) - Bigger back who many analysts feel confident can serve in a versatile role of short-yardage, goal-line, pass catcher, and FB/H-B due to his skill set and size. He fills Perine's role admirably but adds additional value by serving as FB/H-B.

Nice. I don't know what else to say, love all the picks. Getting Michell and Jurgens that late would be awesome.

Really wanting Jelani Woods, I think he could improve our Red Zone Offense immediately with his size, hands and athleticism.

Doubs is a good pick to compete for WR4, need this in this Draft.

Great job Ocho, I will be doing my first mock here soon. Said I would wait till after FA. I think we are about done.

Might add a Corner or a WR, we will see.
Reply/Quote