Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post FA Mock 1
I have some time to kill while getting my car serviced so thought I'd contribute another mock to the board lol.

Rd 1. Perrion Winfrey DT/3T Oklahoma

Dominated at Senior Bowl. Based on how he performed st the bowl, I'm shocked at his production but would be a good Ojun replacement imo and worth the pick. I would go CB here but there's a chance they are all picked over by this spot.

Rd. 2 Cam Taylor Britt CB Nebraska

Honestly between Nick Cross and CTB at this pick, went with CTB as he has the greater chance at starting this year. Solid zone CB with good deep speed, attacks the ball carrier and more than willing to take on blockers to either force the ball carrier inside or make the tackle himself. May be a bit early at this point but I'd be afraid to go into the year without a boundary corner from the draft. Also a team captains so this fits Cincys MO with picks.

Rd 3. Jelani Woods TE Virginia

Possibly not here but if he is, good receiving threat of abTE to replace Hurst in the future.

Rd 4. Cam Jurgens Center Nebraska

After his offseason, again may not be there but willing to take the chance at developing Cam to either back up the guard spots or Karras.

Rd 5. Matt Arizaza P San Diego St.

Best punter in the draft, we have no punter (PS punter still on roster?)

Rd 6. Kalon Barnes CB Baylor

Literally a Height-Speed project at CB

BPA for the 2 7 rounders.

Notes:

I actively avoided OL in 1-3 due to I don't see the team not giving Carman and Smith every opportunity to take the LG spot with holes elsewhere on roster.

Became a big CTB fan after Synic brought his name to my attention so started watching his film and loved what I saw.

I didn't want to try and force trade downs in this mock but would feel we could trade down to mid 40s and still get all the players I have listed above and then some.

Thoughts/concerns?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No safety with Bates and possibly even Bell gone after this year? No WR depth which we totally need and better KR PR help. If i was gonna take a chance on a CB in round 2 it would be Zyon McCollum he's been moving up boards quite a bit. 6'2 200 ran a 4.33 SS 3.94 Cone 6.94 10 YD 1.51 Broad jump 11'0 39.5 vertical and he fits zone perfectly. Check him out. Highest rated athletic score for all CB's at the combine

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1500639426380185602?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1500639426380185602%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsteelersdepot.com%2F2022%2F03%2F2022-nfl-draft-player-profiles-sam-houston-state-cb-zyon-mccollum%2F
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 07:10 PM)pulses Wrote: No safety with Bates and possibly even Bell gone after this year? No WR depth which we totally need and better KR PR help. If i was gonna take a chance on a CB in round 2  it would be Zyon McCollum  he's been moving up boards quite a bit. 6'2 200 ran a 4.33  SS 3.94 Cone 6.94 10 YD 1.51  Broad jump 11'0  39.5 vertical  and he fits zone perfectly. Check him out. Highest rated athletic score for all CB's at the combine

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1500639426380185602?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1500639426380185602%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsteelersdepot.com%2F2022%2F03%2F2022-nfl-draft-player-profiles-sam-houston-state-cb-zyon-mccollum%2F

Fair enough but there's always UDFA for depth/ST. Unfortunately, it was impossible to fill everything but had a higher chance of doing so trading down and taking Winfrey. And I would test out Barnes with his track speed on returns.

As for S, I like Nick Cross from Maryland as a Bell replacement (though he has the range to replace Bates as well, I just attribute his strong tackling with SS) but I didn't want to risk no CB available by going Cross in 2 (very unlikely he makes it to 95). 
Reply/Quote
I like this draft. I'll have to look into CTB as that's not a player I've paid any attention to. I get the Safety and Wr needs needing to be addressed and maybe that issue could be solved by trading back. It feels like we have more holes to fill than picks we have available.
I'm not for paying Bates top safety money but we should try and get creative and work something out. The secondary played well and it would be nice to keep the chemistry we have intact for as long as possible.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 09:14 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I like this draft. I'll have to look into CTB as that's not a player I've paid any attention to. I get the Safety and Wr needs needing to be addressed and maybe that issue could be solved by trading back. It feels like we have more holes to fill than picks we have available.
I'm not for paying Bates top safety money but we should try and get creative and work something out. The secondary played well and it would be nice to keep the chemistry we have intact for as long as possible.

I threw out a suggestion in another thread to trade Bates for the pick to get his replacement (in my thread I said Det for 2 but that was deemed too rich but it was suggested by other members for high 2nd(s) or KCs 2 1sts). A Dax Hill possibly. If we could get 2-3 2nd and 4rds rounders (trade Bates and down), I'd love to get Winfrey, Cross, CTB and Kerby Joseph. Would get you the safety replacements while 2 above average players to fill the spots on the roster on the slight gaps.
Reply/Quote