Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post FA Pool Mock (2.0)
WOW... We took care of our biggest need in Free Agency, OL! With LG still in question, I do believe they let Carman and Smith battle it out. I would love to bring Spain back on a 1yr deal to let Carman/Smith really earn it, but so far Spain is still in limbo. I mention this because I don't need people asking me "why didn't you take an OL sooner?". I think that's pretty obvious, and I don't fully expect us to take OL early. If we did, I would love it. I think they feel pretty good about that LG spot. Sorry. Just my opinion/speculated thoughts.

R1, P31: Andrew Booth, Jr.

CB is still a big need. I don't see us signing anyone in FA that would change this pick. Gilmore isn't realistic for a couple reasons, and there's really no one else left that can give Apple a huge run for his money for that CB2 spot.
[Image: usatsi-15019597.jpg]

R2, P63: Calvin Austin, WR, Memphis

Simmons mentioned that we were looking for a KR/PR that would put the fear of God in opponents. Well. Here you go. WR depth is also very meh. Austin comes in and starts as our KR/PR right away. Don't be surprised if we go WR in 1 or 2. I've said it in my first mock, and I'll say it again. We will go WR early. This is a 2 for 1 right here.
[Image: 10193040.jpg]

R3, P95: Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut

If we can't replace Ogunjobi early in this draft, I see him coming back on a 1yr deal again. With Jones available here, it's a no brainer. He'll be a great rotational piece right away. Great team player, run stopper and a great motor to help put pressure on the QB. I wouldn't be shocked if we took him sooner either in R2. I'm real high on this guy.
[Image: usatsi_17606739.jpg]

R4, P136: Isaiah Likely, TE, Coastal Carolina

Likley would come in as depth for TE. I'm not sure what the Bengals are thinking with Moss, maybe TE isn't as big of a need as we think.
[Image: Isaiah_Likely_one_handed_catch_versus_Ge...C602&ssl=1]

R5, P174: Tyreke Smith, DE, Ohio State

He showed some flashes in college, but failed to stay consistent with pressure. Boom or bust.
[Image: Tyreke-Smith-5-by-Birm-Lettermen-Row-scaled.jpg]

R6, P209: C.J. Verdell, RB, Oregon

We'll probably take a RB at some point. Verdell is a great pass catching RB. Very quick, very strong. Could be a sleeper.
[Image: Verdell_Rose_Bowl_SM_3_.JPG]

R7, P252: Andrew Stueber, OT, Michigan

OL Depth. 
[Image: 1237231580.jpg]
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Andrew Booth, Jr. and Travis Jones would makes this a great draft if available. Everything else would be icing on the cake.
Reply/Quote
I like Likely the most out of these picks, but I've seen him projected in the 50-75 range, so I don't know if he'll fall all the way to end of Rd 4.
Booth has good developmental traits.
Calvin Austin is a speed demon and PR. He would have value for sure.

The pick I mostly don't like is Travis Jones. I just see him more as a run-stuffing NT, not really a pass rusher. Bengals already have multiple guys like that in Reader, Shelvin, and Tupou. I'd prefer someone who can get to the QB more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Getting Booth and Jones makes it an A on its own.

I think Booth is my new dream pick.
Reply/Quote
As several have already said, Booth and Jones are big scores. Jones isn't as big a need as he projects more as a NT than a 3T, but it is never too early to start having a rotation for Reader and start developing talent behind him. My guess is the Bengals would go more for a penetrating 3T to pair with Hill.

Rumors about Larry O coming back on another one-year prove it deal don't seem to be true.

And I hear ya with PR/KR but there are other options there (forget the RB that led all in KR right now) and Calvin is just too short for me as a WR listed under 5'8".

Would be very happy with the rest, and I forgot about that TE....remember watching him a few times and thinking he is a huge potential guy but very raw. Would have time to develop here and a nice later round selection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 07:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: As several have already said, Booth and Jones are big scores.  Jones isn't as big a need as he projects more as a NT than a 3T, but it is never too early to start having a rotation for Reader and start developing talent behind him.  My guess is the Bengals would go more for a penetrating 3T to pair with Hill.

Rumors about Larry O coming back on another one-year prove it deal don't seem to be true.  

And I hear ya with PR/KR but there are other options there (forget the RB that led all in KR right now) and Calvin is just too short for me as a WR listed under 5'8".

Would be very happy with the rest, and I forgot about that TE....remember watching him a few times and thinking he is a huge potential guy but very raw.  Would have time to develop here and a nice later round selection.

If your talking about Jelani Woods I've seen he's being mocked in the 2/3 range.  I like the idea of DL line help but all the mock's i've seen have Jones going late 1/2.
Reply/Quote
This would be a pretty good draft. I like Booth and Jones. I sure hope we use our #1 pick with its extra year attached to it on a DB since they're so expensive. The Calvin pick was a surprise and makes sense. An awesome KR/PR that has the potential to take Boyd's spot when free agency hits. For TE, I was looking at others at that range, but he'll do. Missing a Safety, so not elite, but good.
Reply/Quote