Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post First Wave of FA Draft - CJD
This is the first mock draft following our torrid of signings (Reader, Waynes, Mack Alex, Xavier Su'a-Filo). I decided to use First pick this time because TDN is going a little crazy at the moment, having OTs like Andrew Thomas dropping out of the first and Josh Jones dropping to the third...
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Willie Gay, OLB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina (A+)

This draft basically retools the offense. Reagor can fly and, while he has occasional concentration drops, is great in traffic and with the ball in his hands. I had a choice between him and Jefferson but, honestly, I just think Reagor fits what we want to do better and is a more unique prospect than Jefferson, with truly amazing speed and agility for a WR. Jefferson is a great player, but we already have Boyd and Jefferson would fill virtually an identical role as a slot receiver who will catch anything, even when hit. Reagor can play on the outside and give us that deep threat that we keep waiting for Ross to become.

Lucas Niang is a day 1 RT, in my opinion. He has everything we need to replace Hart. Shane Lemeiux was there, who I would have ordinarily picked as our day 1 starting guard, but Niang lasting to the 3rd was too good to pass up, imo. There are some good OGs later in the draft that I could potentially get.

Willie Gay in the 4th is a choice that I...love. He can fly as a LB and I thought he would be gone by now. But he and Pratt will team up to be the starters in our 4-2-5 defense. It doesn't fix our LB problem, but it's a good start.

The next two picks may be "homer" picks, as there were a few other options available but Moss in the 6th is just insane. I couldn't pass on a player who already has chemistry with Burrow AND has some pretty amazing catches on his resume from the TE position.

And we wrap it up with Bryan Edwards in the 7th, another player I was surprised to see available. But with a WR class this deep, someone is bound to drop eventually. He's not the fastest or quickest WR in the draft, but he is great at reeling in jump balls and contested catches. May be a Tate level player, which is not bad in the 7th round (as Tate was).

The key with this draft is just surrounding Burrow with protection and weapons. If you can do that, he'll almost certainly succeed. We filled a few dire needs on defense in free agency, which allowed me to go so heavy on offense here. I think we could have taken a second linebacker, but the value wasn't there in the later rounds. Either way, I think this draft is the first step in turning into a super bowl contender, giving Burrow everything he needs to succeed in the NFL. We can fix the LBs next year :).
Reply/Quote
Would love this, getting a little late but this looks like a great mock to me right now.

Will come back and check this out in the morning.

I need to study up more on Reagor but I LOVE the rest of the picks in this Draft.

I am a big Shenault and Mims fan at 33.
Reply/Quote
I keep changing my mind about 33. One day I'm dead set on WR, next day I want OL, next LB.

If, big if IMHO, AJ can stay on the field, Ross can as well and calm down or whatever he needs to do. Tate can benefit from more accurate passes, Boyd should be good. We could go best OL or LB that falls.

Our group of receivers just worry me. So I'll probably keep spinning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I keep changing my mind about 33. One day I'm dead set on WR, next day I want OL, next LB.

If, big if IMHO, AJ can stay on the field, Ross can as well and calm down or whatever he needs to do. Tate can benefit from more accurate passes, Boyd should be good. We could go best OL or LB that falls.

Our group of receivers just worry me. So I'll probably keep spinning.

It's tough. Ultimately, I think we can't go wrong no matter what way we go with 33. The key is getting value at the pick.

In this particular draft, Josh Jones was gone at 33 so I could take Niang, Cleveland, Wilson or Jackson at 33 or I could take Reagor.

There was a run on the elite WRs in the first round with Mims, Higgins and Aiyuk already gone, so I didn't want to risk waiting until the third and missing out on all the day 1 impact receivers. Whereas there were still the four OTs above, and also Prince Tega Wanogho still there.

I could have gone Cesar Ruiz as well, but guards are usually lower priority for me, as you can get day 1 starters at guard on the third day often times.

For LB, both Queen and Murray were gone, so I wasn't going to go LB. I don't know if Baun was there, because First pick lists Baun as an edge rusher, not LB, but ultimately, the value wasn't there for me.

So that left WR and Reagor is a really good player.

I think BPA is the way to go between all those positions at 33. Get a day 1 starter (with the exception of WR, which will be a year 2 starter, just due to depth) and we're good to go.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 10:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love this, getting a little late but this looks like a great mock to me right now.

Will come back and check this out in the morning.

I need to study up more on Reagor but I LOVE the rest of the picks in this Draft.

I am a big Shenault and Mims fan at 33.

Mims really worries me because he's basically an off season warrior. Here's what a scout recently said about him:
Quote:Denzel Mims, Baylor (6-3, 207): A three-year starter with 28 touchdowns. “I would have thought no way in the world just watching him on tape and now he’s top 50,” one scout said. “He’s a big guy and ran fast. You see he’s got savvy, hands, good route runner. Kind of a limited route tree at Baylor. Just kind of a catch-and-get-tackled guy. You didn’t see the deep speed.” Had a big week at the Senior Bowl, especially in the red zone, and then ran 4.38 seconds in the 40. His arms measured 33 7/8 inches. “He has strength and hands but I don’t think he’s anything special,” another scout said. “In the Big 12 Championship Game, Parnell Motley (of Oklahoma) totally shut him down and he’s a late-round pick. He’s a guy that makes the possession catches.”
https://theathletic.com/1665631/2020/03/17/mcginn-scouts-size-up-their-top-prospects-on-offense/

A largely negative response from those scouts, as they don't feel his tape matches his workouts and Senior bowl performance.

Incidentally, the same reason I am super skeptical of Chase Claypool.
I generally don't like prospects that, after the last snap of football, people are like "eh, he's alright." and then after the combine they're like "this guy is a star."

Those players make no sense to me and really make me question the process.

Shenault is a guy that I LOVE. He is the kind of weapon a smart QB like Burrow could use to cause havoc.

But I hate his injury history. He is the very definition of boom or bust.

My ideal receiver at 33 is Tee Higgins, but if he isn't available, Reagor is a very nice consolation prize, in my opinion.

As that same article says:
Quote:Jalen Reagor, TCU (5-10 1/2, 206): He averaged 15.2 receiving yards, 9.3 rushing yards, 17.8 punt return yards and 24.2 kickoff return yards. “Holy (cow), he’s exciting,” one scout said. “He was one of the guys I got most excited about. He’s an explosive playmaker.” His father, Montae, was a second-round draft choice in 1999 who started 46 of 99 games for three teams as a defensive tackle. “He is as explosive a receiver as I saw this year,” another scout said. “I haven’t seen a better punt returner, either.” Ran 4.46 seconds in the 40. Said a third scout: “I thought he was the most explosive route runner on tape. He’ll go up over people with bodies around. Little bit raw. Strong hands, but a lot of easy drops. You’re always going to have to deal with drops with him but he is a playmaker.”

the drops are always concerning, but the play making ability is awfully enticing.
Reply/Quote
With a healthy AJ and Ross I just cant see them going WR at 33. I think once we tagged AJ, WR became a Day 3 target.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 02:05 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: With a healthy AJ and Ross I just cant see them going WR at 33. I think once we tagged AJ, WR became a Day 3 target.

With the talent available at WR in this draft, I consider passing on all the first round talents available in the 2nd (or potentially 3rd) rounds to be unconscionable. 

Especially since Ross and AJ are on 1 year deals and there's, at least, a 75% chance one or both of them are gone in 2021. Then we'll need to draft a WR in the first or second round anyway in 2021. Why not take one in this insanely deep class rather than hoping we get a valuable player in 2021? Having our 2021 starting WR be a 2nd year WR will be helpful as well, as you often don't want to start WRs as rookies (unless they're AJ Green level talents).
Reply/Quote
So I'm back and forth on receiver also, what with o-line and LB's being priorities. I will say this though. Burrow showed great vision and accuracy spreading that ball around, and if we want to fill the cupboard up, Green, Ross, Boyd, and another high pick...I wont complain jacking up the talent....TE included.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My ideal receiver at 33 is Tee Higgins, but if he isn't available, Reagor is a very nice consolation prize, in my opinion.

Higgins was unlucky Clemson actually had their pro day. He tested very poorly and its reported it was a big reason we saw the Stephon Diggs trade to Buffalo...31' vert and 1.66 10 yard split ewww.

I would take Mims over Higgins at this point. And as to that scouts view of Mims vs Motley their first meeting in 2019 Mims went 6 for 95 and 2 TDs. In their 2018 meeting it was 11 for 114 and a TD.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Higgins was unlucky Clemson actually had their pro day. He tested very poorly and its reported it was a big reason we saw the Stephon Diggs trade to Buffalo...31' vert and 1.66 10 yard split ewww.

I would take Mims over Higgins at this point. And as to that scouts view of Mims vs Motley their first meeting in 2019 Mims went 6 for 95 and 2 TDs. In their 2018 meeting it was 11 for 114 and a TD.

Yea...I just don't really put too much stock in off season workouts, tbh. There have been many a prospect that has dropped down boards due to combine or pro day workouts that have gone on to be steals in the NFL.

And there's even more players who have come in with no profile and had a great combine and went on to be overdrafted and then do nothing in the NFL.

I don't mind if a player goes from a 2nd round pick to a 1st round pick due to the draft, like Jefferson will (even though his tape does not indicate 4.4 speed). But players that go from third/fourth rounder to first round pick like Denzel Mims are very dangerous in my opinion.

Tee Higgins has the pedigree, the hands, the size and the production to make me feel very comfortable taking him at 33. He had a solid 20 yard shuttle of 4.25 (would have been 6th at the combine among WOs) and he looked good running routes and catching the ball at his pro day. No one expected him to run a 4.4, so running in the 4.5s doesn't hurt him, in my eyes. AJ Green ran in the 4.5s after all.

If Higgins below average 10 yard split and VJ get him to drop to 33, I consider that a win :)
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:42 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea...I just don't really put too much stock in off season workouts, tbh. There have been many a prospect that has dropped down boards due to combine or pro day workouts that have gone on to be steals in the NFL.

And there's even more players who have come in with no profile and had a great combine and went on to be overdrafted and then do nothing in the NFL.

I don't mind if a player goes from a 2nd round pick to a 1st round pick due to the draft, like Jefferson will (even though his tape does not indicate 4.4 speed). But players that go from third/fourth rounder to first round pick like Denzel Mims are very dangerous in my opinion.

Tee Higgins has the pedigree, the hands, the size and the production to make me feel very comfortable taking him at 33. He had a solid 20 yard shuttle of 4.25 (would have been 6th at the combine among WOs) and he looked good running routes and catching the ball at his pro day. No one expected him to run a 4.4, so running in the 4.5s doesn't hurt him, in my eyes. AJ Green ran in the 4.5s after all.

If Higgins below average 10 yard split and VJ get him to drop to 33, I consider that a win :)

He had a 4.53 short shuttle. He is slow off the line that shows on tape. Off season numbers are about hitting benchmarks and a 1.66 10 yard split is horrendous along with a 31 vert shows very little explosion. 

That's the difference playing at Clemson teams like that push players up while guys like Denzel Mims at Baylor have to claw their way up. Mims showed similar production as Higgins with alot worse QB play and hits well above average benchmarks. He also put on a show in the Senior Bowl when Higgins got in front of scouts he looked bad...

But to each their own I guess.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 12:53 PM)Synric Wrote: He had a 4.53 short shuttle. He is slow off the line that shows on tape. Off season numbers are about hitting benchmarks and a 1.66 10 yard split is horrendous along with a 31 vert shows very little explosion. 

That's the difference playing at Clemson teams like that push players up while guys like Denzel Mims at Baylor have to claw their way up. Mims showed similar production as Higgins with alot worse QB play and hits well above average benchmarks. He also put on a show in the Senior Bowl when Higgins got in front of scouts he looked bad...

But to each their own I guess.

I'm not a professional scout.
I'm just saying players who are highly regarded coming out of college and have an average or rough combine generally succeed at a higher clip than relative unknowns who were mid round picks coming out of college who had a great off season to go onto being first round picks.

If the Bengals draft Mims over Higgins, I will be 100% behind him and cheer him on. The key is trusting the Bengals evaluators (which is a little difficult after the Sample pick but...everyone gets a mulligan).
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 11:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Mims really worries me because he's basically an off season warrior. Here's what a scout recently said about him:
https://theathletic.com/1665631/2020/03/17/mcginn-scouts-size-up-their-top-prospects-on-offense/

A largely negative response from those scouts, as they don't feel his tape matches his workouts and Senior bowl performance.

Incidentally, the same reason I am super skeptical of Chase Claypool.
I generally don't like prospects that, after the last snap of football, people are like "eh, he's alright." and then after the combine they're like "this guy is a star."

Those players make no sense to me and really make me question the process.

Shenault is a guy that I LOVE. He is the kind of weapon a smart QB like Burrow could use to cause havoc.

But I hate his injury history. He is the very definition of boom or bust.

My ideal receiver at 33 is Tee Higgins, but if he isn't available, Reagor is a very nice consolation prize, in my opinion.

As that same article says:

the drops are always concerning, but the play making ability is awfully enticing.

You would think a 6'3" WR that can run a 4.38 would be a special talent in scouts eyes. I am going to have to go back and
watch some youtube videos of these guys. I like that Reagor is explosive, but yeah the drops are a concern. Shenault is my 
guy too but you are correct about his injury history and we don't need to draft another injured WR early.

Always thought Tee would be ideal if he is there at 33 but I just doubt he will be. Good stuff on Mims and Reagor though 
here CJD. I definitely warmed up to Reagor.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: This is the first mock draft following our torrid of signings (Reader, Waynes, Mack Alex, Xavier Su'a-Filo). I decided to use First pick this time because TDN is going a little crazy at the moment, having OTs like Andrew Thomas dropping out of the first and Josh Jones dropping to the third...
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (A-)
Round 4 Pick 1: Willie Gay, OLB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Damien Lewis, OG, LSU (B+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina (A+)

This draft basically retools the offense. Reagor can fly and, while he has occasional concentration drops, is great in traffic and with the ball in his hands. I had a choice between him and Jefferson but, honestly, I just think Reagor fits what we want to do better and is a more unique prospect than Jefferson, with truly amazing speed and agility for a WR. Jefferson is a great player, but we already have Boyd and Jefferson would fill virtually an identical role as a slot receiver who will catch anything, even when hit. Reagor can play on the outside and give us that deep threat that we keep waiting for Ross to become.

Lucas Niang is a day 1 RT, in my opinion. He has everything we need to replace Hart. Shane Lemeiux was there, who I would have ordinarily picked as our day 1 starting guard, but Niang lasting to the 3rd was too good to pass up, imo. There are some good OGs later in the draft that I could potentially get.

Willie Gay in the 4th is a choice that I...love. He can fly as a LB and I thought he would be gone by now. But he and Pratt will team up to be the starters in our 4-2-5 defense. It doesn't fix our LB problem, but it's a good start.

The next two picks may be "homer" picks, as there were a few other options available but Moss in the 6th is just insane. I couldn't pass on a player who already has chemistry with Burrow AND has some pretty amazing catches on his resume from the TE position.

And we wrap it up with Bryan Edwards in the 7th, another player I was surprised to see available. But with a WR class this deep, someone is bound to drop eventually.  He's not the fastest or quickest WR in the draft,  but he is great at reeling in jump balls and contested catches. May be a Tate level player, which is not bad in the 7th round (as Tate was).

The key with this draft is just surrounding Burrow with protection and weapons. If you can do that, he'll almost certainly succeed. We filled a few dire needs on defense in free agency, which allowed me to go so heavy on offense here. I think we could have taken a second linebacker, but the value wasn't there in the later rounds. Either way, I think this draft is the first step in turning into a super bowl contender, giving Burrow everything he needs to succeed in the NFL. We can fix the LBs next year :).

I am not on the Reagor bandwagon.  I think Willie Gay is a character risk in the same line of Burfict with possibly an Intermittent Explosive Disorder.  Pass.  I like Moss and Lewis.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 06:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am not on the Reagor bandwagon.  I think Willie Gay is a character risk in the same line of Burfict with possibly an Intermittent Explosive Disorder.  Pass.  I like Moss and Lewis.  

While I understand the character risk of Gay Jr, it's important to remember we as fans loved Burfict while he was performing at a high level. We didn't turn on him until he was noticeably slower and couldn't stay healthy.

And even then, there are people who would have still taken him back.

Reading this article, you kind of get the entire breadth of Gay's impact on a team.
https://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=76156

From his potential issues with authority:
Quote:Just four weeks into the year, it's been a winding odyssey for Gay. Initially listed as a non-participant in preseason practices, coach Joe Moorhead repeatedly said he was dealing with a lower body issue. Gay, however, contradicted his head coach's words when he approached reporters unprompted during fall camp and said he was not injured.

To the energy and attitude of his teammates when he's on the field:
Quote:"I love having him," junior cornerback Cam Dantzler said. "He's been taking this whole process very well -- other guys probably wouldn't take it as well as he does. But he still brings the juice, even if he is on scout team in practice."

Just four plays into the game Saturday, Gay assuredly made his presence known.

Dropping into coverage and crossing the formation from right to left, Gay chased after Kentucky tight end Justin Rigg.

In the pocket, quarterback Sawyer Smith reared back and fired toward Rigg nine yards down field.

With a quick shuffle and a handful of strides, Gay hopped in front of the pass. Snagging the ball and streaking down the MSU sideline, he beat Smith in a foot race to the front left pylon as he soared into the end zone for a touchdown.

"Before the game I told him he would get a pick-six," Hill said. "And he did."

Quote:But beyond the energy, he brings an All-SEC pedigree defender to an MSU linebacking corps that has struggled at times this season.

"I call him the 'Eraser,'" junior linebacker Erroll Thompson said. "If someone isn't fitting right up front, he's so fast and so twitchy and just a freak of nature; he just erases the mistakes."

All the way back to his unnecessary penalties:
Quote:And for all the success Gay enjoyed Saturday, it was short-lived. After being dinged for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty while celebrating his touchdown, he received a second such foul just before halftime as he danced around the Kentucky backfield following a Chauncey Rivers sack -- thus disqualifying him from the game.

You really get the fully Burfict experience with Gay Jr...

...But our defense was NEVER better than when prime level Burfict was on the field. I am willing to take a player with that level of impact in the 4th round.

As far as Reagor goes, I like him for the same reason I am not thrilled about Mims and Claypool. He was a known prospect during the season and he was projected as a first rounder based on his play, not his measurables. I really love the playmaking ability he brings to the team. If we can't get Tee Higgins, one of the few true Green replacements in this draft, then I think getting what Ross was always supposed to be is a nice consolation Tongue. Did you have a receiver at 33 you prefer?
Reply/Quote
I actually like all of these guys and Claypool too. I think if Shenault could stay healthy he is the most talented though.

Laviska just blasts off the screen when I watched him, man amongst boys out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 05:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You would think a 6'3" WR that can run a 4.38 would be a special talent in scouts eyes. I am going to have to go back and
watch some youtube videos of these guys. I like that Reagor is explosive, but yeah the drops are a concern. Shenault is my 
guy too but you are correct about his injury history and we don't need to draft another injured WR early.

Always thought Tee would be ideal if he is there at 33 but I just doubt he will be. Good stuff on Mims and Reagor though 
here CJD. I definitely warmed up to Reagor.

As I watch Mims play, I see a lot of one thing: push offs.
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1237524983343005697
https://youtu.be/OjKoK9s5rOE?t=65
https://youtu.be/OjKoK9s5rOE?t=90
https://youtu.be/OjKoK9s5rOE?t=128
https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk?t=271
https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk?t=300
https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk?t=320
https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk?t=339

It's very subtle and he may be able to get away with it more times than not, and I think the latter video is posing it as a positive (I can't listen to the audio at the moment), but it does make me wonder if he can get separation at the next level without that arm action. That doesn't scream 4.38 speed to me. I've read reports that say his play speed doesn't match that 40 time so...eh...

Peter Bukowski shares my concern:

If the Bengals take Mims, that tells me that they vetted him and decide he's worth the pick, in which case I'm fully on board with the pick. But if I were given a choice, I'm not taking Mims at 33.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 07:09 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: As I watch Mims play, I see a lot of one thing: push offs.
https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/status/1237524983343005697
https://youtu.be/OjKoK9s5rOE?t=65
https://youtu.be/OjKoK9s5rOE?t=90
https://youtu.be/OjKoK9s5rOE?t=128
https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk?t=271
https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk?t=300
https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk?t=320
https://youtu.be/8VzzDaz1Hbk?t=339

It's very subtle and he may be able to get away with it more times than not, and I think the latter video is posing it as a positive (I can't listen to the audio at the moment), but it does make me wonder if he can get separation at the next level without that arm action. That doesn't scream 4.38 speed to me. I've read reports that say his play speed doesn't match that 40 time so...eh...

Peter Bukowski shares my concern:

If the Bengals take Mims, that tells me that they vetted him and decide he's worth the pick, in which case I'm fully on board with the pick. But if I were given a choice, I'm not taking Mims at 33.

Yes if there is one thing that concerns me with Mims it is with him pushing off a bit and yes he doesn't look as fast in pads as
a 4.38 forty you think would show. What I love about him is the way he goes up for the ball with strong hands and he seems 
sly in the way he pushes off, like you said, subtle. He kind of reminds me of a faster Sanu with Housh ability to go up for the
ball as he is really good at following it through the air.

I think with a very accurate QB like Burrow Mims wouldn't have to push off. Not dissuaded, still like Mims a lot.

True, if the Bengals select him it is for a reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 07:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes if there is one thing that concerns me with Mims it is with him pushing off a bit and yes he doesn't look as fast in pads as
a 4.38 forty you think would show. What I love about him is the way he goes up for the ball with strong hands and he seems 
sly in the way he pushes off, like you said, subtle. He kind of reminds me of a faster Sanu with Housh ability to go up for the
ball as he is really good at following it through the air.

I think with a very accurate QB like Burrow Mims wouldn't have to push off. Not dissuaded, still like Mims a lot.

True, if the Bengals select him it is for a reason.

That's a good point about Burrow's accuracy.

We'll just have to see how the draft goes.

It really can't come soon enough...I usually have the Reds to distract me between the combine and the draft.

Now we don't even get the freaking pro days to pretend to care about!

This off season has been brutally boring haha. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 06:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: While I understand the character risk of Gay Jr, it's important to remember we as fans loved Burfict while he was performing at a high level. We didn't turn on him until he was noticeably slower and couldn't stay healthy.

And even then, there are people who would have still taken him back.

Reading this article, you kind of get the entire breadth of Gay's impact on a team.
https://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=76156

From his potential issues with authority:

To the energy and attitude of his teammates when he's on the field:

All the way back to his unnecessary penalties:

You really get the fully Burfict experience with Gay Jr...

...But our defense was NEVER better than when prime level Burfict was on the field. I am willing to take a player with that level of impact in the 4th round.

As far as Reagor goes, I like him for the same reason I am not thrilled about Mims and Claypool. He was a known prospect during the season and he was projected as a first rounder based on his play, not his measurables. I really love the playmaking ability he brings to the team. If we can't get Tee Higgins, one of the few true Green replacements in this draft, then I think getting what Ross was always supposed to be is a nice consolation Tongue. Did you have a receiver at 33 you prefer?
The WR worthy of #33 IMO are: 

Mims: to me Mims is an AJ Green clone with the way he contorts his body
Jefferson: paring him with Burrow would help both acclimate to the NFL
Shenault: Injury history worries me some but if he checks out, he is a beast
Higgins:  Similar body-type to Green, but doesn't block well and can be bullied by physical CB.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote