Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post-Game Who-Dey Chant?
Anybody see the team do the Who-Dey chant in the locker room after the game?

I'm pretty sure they said "Who-Dey SAY gonna beat dem Bengals?"

It's "Who-Dey THINK"!

That chant's a Cincinnati hallmark and it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way,

WTF
Reply/Quote
its at the end of the video for everyone to judge

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think they're saying "say" or "said". I don't care. The part that counts is the "who dey", and sometimes a little tweak like that fits the context better. When you convince yourselves that nobody outside the locker room believes in you and makes it known, which is certainly true outside Cincinnati, then it's what people "said" that you have proven wrong every time you win.
Reply/Quote
I dunno what they're sayin' (didn't watch it yet), but I DO know they didn't put enough bass in their voices when they beat the Steelers. It was borderline half ass. Not that it matters. Keep winning games, and I don't care what they do afterward.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Whatever they say is what it is.
Reply/Quote
Don’t think too much of it. If they changed it a wee bit to fit a circumstance, or to make it their own, at least they are not keeping the tradition of losing as it seems they’re changing that a wee bit too. Joe

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I liked burrows post game speech there. Good stuff.
Reply/Quote
Phrases can alter over time while not degrading the spirit of it’s true meaning
Reply/Quote
I was saying 'Boo-urns.'

[Image: simps_boourns.JPG]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think they said "think"
Reply/Quote
I’m still waiting for video evidence of Burrow actually saying “Who Dey”
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 02:11 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I’m still waiting for video evidence of Burrow actually saying “Who Dey”

It’s at the end of the video. He’s saying it. Unless this was sarcasm and it went over my head.
Reply/Quote
It ain't the same without JB....
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 08:43 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s at the end of the video. He’s saying it. Unless this was sarcasm and it went over my head.

My apologies. Definite sarcasm LOL
Reply/Quote
Stackin'deezgamez
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
More than happy for them to bring new life to it and adapt it. Its always been a bit of a cringe thing for me, so the more relevant they make it the better.

Reply/Quote
Shouldn't it actually be "Who-We" think gonna bet them Bengals?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don’t care if they got a word wrong in that chant. They could get rid of it all together and I would not mind. It’s really cheesy so I am not going to get upset that NFL players aren’t excited about doing a little league cheer after a win. Maybe they could throw in a 2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate, too.
Reply/Quote
We have a fair number of Louisiana guys and the Saints' chant is "Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints" so it's probably just a blending of the two to "Who dey say gonna beat dem Bengals."

I personally am embracing the LSU and Saints fans who are becoming Bengals fans because of Joe/Chase/Moss/Shelvin etc and if this is the chant the team wants to use, I say more power to them.
Reply/Quote
I like "say" better than "think". It's more definitive and in the open.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote