Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Glenn Mock
I'm a big fan of the trade we made for Glenn given that there were no tackles worth drafting at 12. Also, Glenn is a proven commodity if he can stay healthy. Given the trade and our now changed draft position, I came up with the following mock. I'd love to see Smith, Edmunds, Nelson, Vea, or James fall to our spot, but those are highly unlikely. I think the more realistic players available will be Wynn, McGlinchey, Hernandez, Price, Gesicki, Evans, Daniels, Payne and even Lamar Jackson. If one of the former falls, it's a no-brainer. If Jackson falls to us I'd certainly see what can be gained in a trade as I'm sure we'll have offers. I personally think that our window for success is only a few years and would like to see us win now. I actually think we can get two of the latter group staying put, which is usually what the Bengals will do in any draft. Here we go.

Rd 1 Isaiah Wynn OL-Georgia- I think this pick gives us the most flexibility. If Glenn gets injured, Wynn could be one go to possibility. I personally see him at right guard as a mauler with quickness.
Rd 2 Billy Price C-Ohio State- I could see him falling this far given his injury and a number of other interior linemen in this draft. He would be a huge upgrade over Bodine and money saver as well.
Rd 3a Mike Gesicki TE Penn St. - Not sure he will fall this far, but it would be Eifert 2.0 without the injuries hopefully. Fumagalli, Schodert, Andrews, and Hurst are other solld tight ends potentially available here.
Rd 3b JC Jackson CB Maryland- A corner to replace Pac Man. Different style corner, but with similar talent and baggage.
Rd 4 Alex Cappa OT Hubert St.- A tackle to groom behind what we have currently.
Rd 5a Josey Jewell LB Iowa- This guy didn't have the best combine numbers so will likely fall. He can at least be a monster two-down linebacker in the middle
Rd 5b Dominick Sanders S Georgia-this guy isn't the best tackler at FS, but just makes plays. 17 career interceptions.
Rd 5c Allen Lazard WR Iowa St-big possession receiver with lot's of productivity in college.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 04:13 AM)pledgi Wrote: I'm a big fan of the trade we made for Glenn given that there were no tackles worth drafting at 12.  Also, Glenn is a proven commodity if he can stay healthy.  Given the trade and our now changed draft position, I came up with the following mock.  I'd love to see Smith, Edmunds, Nelson, Vea, or James fall to our spot, but those are highly unlikely.  I think the more realistic players available will be Wynn, McGlinchey, Hernandez, Price, Gesicki, Evans, Daniels, Payne and even Lamar Jackson.  If one of the former falls, it's a no-brainer.  If Jackson falls to us I'd certainly see what can be gained in a trade as I'm sure we'll have offers.  I personally think that our window for success is only a few years and would like to see us win now.  I actually think we can get two of the latter group staying put, which is usually what the Bengals will do in any draft.  Here we go.  

Rd 1  Isaiah Wynn OL-Georgia-  I think this pick gives us the most flexibility.  If Glenn gets injured, Wynn could be one go to possibility.  I personally see him at right guard as a mauler with quickness.  
Rd 2  Billy Price C-Ohio State-  I could see him falling this far given his injury and a number of other interior linemen in this draft.  He would be a huge upgrade over Bodine and money saver as well.  
Rd 3a  Mike Gesicki TE Penn St. - Not sure he will fall this far, but it would be Eifert 2.0 without the injuries hopefully.   Fumagalli, Schodert, Andrews, and Hurst are other solld tight ends potentially available here.  
Rd 3b  JC Jackson CB Maryland- A corner to replace Pac Man.  Different style corner, but with similar talent and baggage.  
Rd 4  Alex Cappa OT Hubert St.- A tackle to groom behind what we have currently.  
Rd 5a   Josey Jewell LB Iowa-  This guy didn't have the best combine numbers so will likely fall.  He can at least be a monster two-down linebacker in the middle
Rd 5b Dominick Sanders S Georgia-this guy isn't the best tackler at FS, but just makes plays.  17 career interceptions.
Rd 5c Allen Lazard WR Iowa St-big possession receiver with lot's of productivity in college.
I honestly don't see Gesicki making it out of Rd1.  I like the rest though
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 04:13 AM)pledgi Wrote: I'm a big fan of the trade we made for Glenn given that there were no tackles worth drafting at 12.  Also, Glenn is a proven commodity if he can stay healthy.  Given the trade and our now changed draft position, I came up with the following mock.  I'd love to see Smith, Edmunds, Nelson, Vea, or James fall to our spot, but those are highly unlikely.  I think the more realistic players available will be Wynn, McGlinchey, Hernandez, Price, Gesicki, Evans, Daniels, Payne and even Lamar Jackson.  If one of the former falls, it's a no-brainer.  If Jackson falls to us I'd certainly see what can be gained in a trade as I'm sure we'll have offers.  I personally think that our window for success is only a few years and would like to see us win now.  I actually think we can get two of the latter group staying put, which is usually what the Bengals will do in any draft.  Here we go.  

Rd 1  Isaiah Wynn OL-Georgia-  I think this pick gives us the most flexibility.  If Glenn gets injured, Wynn could be one go to possibility.  I personally see him at right guard as a mauler with quickness.  
Rd 2  Billy Price C-Ohio State-  I could see him falling this far given his injury and a number of other interior linemen in this draft.  He would be a huge upgrade over Bodine and money saver as well.  
Rd 3a  Mike Gesicki TE Penn St. - Not sure he will fall this far, but it would be Eifert 2.0 without the injuries hopefully.   Fumagalli, Schodert, Andrews, and Hurst are other solld tight ends potentially available here.  
Rd 3b  JC Jackson CB Maryland- A corner to replace Pac Man.  Different style corner, but with similar talent and baggage.  
Rd 4  Alex Cappa OT Hubert St.- A tackle to groom behind what we have currently.  
Rd 5a   Josey Jewell LB Iowa-  This guy didn't have the best combine numbers so will likely fall.  He can at least be a monster two-down linebacker in the middle
Rd 5b Dominick Sanders S Georgia-this guy isn't the best tackler at FS, but just makes plays.  17 career interceptions.

Love this Mock man, great job. I agree with Sandwedge that i don't see Gesicki falling to the 3rd anymore. He might be the
first TE taken now for all we know. Cappa and Jewell in the 4th and 5th would be major steals. I like that you got a ballhawk
Safety as well as we need one badly.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Good draft. Really like the 1st rd pick. As you mentioned Wynn provides much needed flexibility as there are a lot of holes to fill on the OL. With the 2nd pick, I would like to see defensive BPA. Sounds like Bodine is returning so makes no sense to spend 2nd rd pick on a back up - despite how much I like Price. With 2nd pick they could get a young DE to enter into rotation and eventually replace Dunlap, or a linebacker - perhaps the Bama LB falls to here - safety would be great.
I’m also a fan of Cody trade. With that trade and Wynn in 1st we can BPA next couple of picks.
Reply/Quote

Like it a lot 

It is well known that I want Wynn if he is there. He was my choice at 12 even if Nelson and Edmunds were gone and certainly Nelson was going to be. 

If we took Wynn and Price do not see an OT taken in 4th though. Think it would become almost all defense after that except for a TE mixed in if so. Would be happy if Gesiki is the TE that falls to us though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I don't understand why people call Jewell a 2 down lber. He's a 3 down player.  Is he gonna get shook by the super elusive rbs? Of course. But he can hang with most tes and rbs.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:08 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't understand why people call Jewell a 2 down lber. He's a 3 down player.  Is he gonna get shook by the super elusive rbs? Of course. But he can hang with most tes and rbs.

Same Reason Deion was surprised by that Penn State’s safeties 40 time.
Reply/Quote
Dude we have noooooooooo linebackers on the roster. Burfict steps off every play he gets a stinger and minter is hot garbage. U don’t have ten drafting a backer til jewel who will be another special trainer and do nothing to the starting roster. Don’t like this mock at all. Sorry man.
Reply/Quote
We will never here of jewel again in the league like vigil. We need a dominant backer duo in the fc north not the middle round guys. We need a stud. Jewel is not that. That simple. I dont care if he is an everydown player....he’s not in the nfl. We’ve drafted plenty of back up caliber backers in vigil Rey Dawson and signed a bunch of back up caliber backers dhani Jones Karlos dansby kevin minter. Non of which should’ve been starters at there time here. We now have burfict but he’s gone all the time. Jewell doesn’t even scratch the surface of what we need at backer. We need an Edmunds, Rashaan Evans raquon smith or a Darious Leonard(telvin smith clone) not no 4th round jewell. It almost posses me off seeing that crap. Don’t draft this dude with the intentions of solving our backer situation cuz it solves nothing.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:04 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We will never here of jewel again in the league like vigil.  We need a dominant backer duo in the fc north not the middle round guys.  We need a stud.  Jewel is not that.  That simple.  I dont care if he is an everydown player....he’s not in the nfl.  We’ve drafted plenty of back up caliber backers in vigil Rey Dawson and signed a bunch of back up caliber backers dhani Jones Karlos dansby kevin minter.  Non of which should’ve been starters at there time here.  We now have burfict but he’s gone all the time.  Jewell doesn’t even scratch the surface of what we need at backer.  We need an Edmunds, Rashaan Evans raquon smith or a Darious Leonard(telvin smith clone) not no 4th round jewell.  It almost posses me off seeing that crap.  Don’t draft this dude with the intentions of solving our backer situation cuz it solves nothing.

Can you just tell me how you really feel?  lol  I think you value good linebackers more than the Bengals.  I'm trying to not only create a good mock, but one that's realistic.  When is the last time we took a linebacker above the third round?  It's funny that I've got one guy telling me that Jewell is a three down starter and another one telling me he's crap.  Also there are a number of talented linebackers in FA this year that could fill a hole still if the Bengals are willing to spend $4-5 million of the precious carryover money that they never touch.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 03:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I honestly don't see Gesicki making it out of Rd1.  I like the rest though

Yeah, I think that Gesicki in three is a stretch at this point, but I also listed a lot of other very talented tight ends who could be there at 3a or later given Gesicki's monster combine.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 06:08 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I don't understand why people call Jewell a 2 down lber. He's a 3 down player.  Is he gonna get shook by the super elusive rbs? Of course. But he can hang with most tes and rbs.

I think his 40 time of 4.82 is why people don't see him in coverage much, though he did have the top times in 3-cone and 60 yd shuttle which show's he's quicker than fast.  I'd love to see him be a great 3 down Mike or Will for the Bengals though I don't see it as a guarantee by any means.  
Reply/Quote
Nice draft!
Reply/Quote
Not crap just that he’s a solid back up and special teamer in the nfl. Not a starter in the afc north next to burfict. A lot of things have been different this offseason so falling back on bengals conventional wisdom this year won’t work. We NEED a backer. Maybe not in 1 but there will be studs there at 2...not in the fifth for another back up caliber backer. Not crap just back up. Cmon now.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 03:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I honestly don't see Gesicki making it out of Rd1.  I like the rest though

Yeah I think Gesicki is a natural for the Saints at 27.  He has steadily risen since the combine.  
Reply/Quote