Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peace
I was watching "Man in the Arena" with Tom Brady last night and I couldn't help but draw parallels from his second season in the league to Joe Burrows second season in the league. Tom came out of nowhere to lead the Pats to a Super Bowl in his second season and the actually ended up beating the Rams in the Super Bowl. It was considered one of the biggest upsets/surprise runs in Super Bowl history.

Brady mentioned that leading up to the Super Bowl, he wasn't nervous about the game at all and that he was "at peace" with the season that he had.

Ever since the Raiders game, this has been my exact feeling. I was anxious as all hell about getting that first playoff win, but since then, I've had a peaceful feeling going into each game. Don't get me wrong, I was happy as hell when we beat the Titans and Chiefs, but it's almost like I knew we were going to win each game.

It's a weird feeling, but I'm not nervous or anxious about the game Sunday. Maybe it's because I know it's just the beginning of the Burrow era and there's much more to come and this is sustainable, or it's because I just know we are going to win. Maybe it's because we've already completely overachieved and actually made the Super Bowl which is a huge accomplishment. It's almost like playing with house money. No pressure.

Is anyone else just "at peace" with everything and the season (win or lose Sunday) that we've had?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was watching "Man in the Arena" with Tom Brady last night and I couldn't help but draw parallels from his second season in the league to Joe Burrows second season in the league. Tom came out of nowhere to lead the Pats to a Super Bowl in his second season and the actually ended up beating the Rams in the Super Bowl. It was considered one of the biggest upsets/surprise runs in Super Bowl history.

Brady mentioned that leading up to the Super Bowl, he wasn't nervous about the game at all and that he was "at peace" with the season that he had.

Ever since the Raiders game, this has been my exact feeling. I was anxious as all hell about getting that first playoff win, but since then, I've had a peaceful feeling going into each game. Don't get me wrong, I was happy as hell when we beat the Titans and Chiefs, but it's almost like I knew we were going to win each game.

It's a weird feeling, but I'm not nervous or anxious about the game Sunday. Maybe it's because I know it's just the beginning of the Burrow era and there's much more to come and this is sustainable, or it's because I just know we are going to win. Maybe it's because we've already completely overachieved and actually made the Super Bowl which is a huge accomplishment. It's almost like playing with house money. No pressure.

Is anyone else just "at peace" with everything and the season (win or lose Sunday) that we've had?

Yes and no. The next 10 years (burrow era) are going to be so fun. With that said, it’s no promise that we ever get back here again - See Dan Marino.

Getting to, and winning, the SB is extremely hard. If burrow pulls this out, he likely cements his, and the bengals, status as we are here. If we lose, it’s likely chiefs, bengals, bills, chargers, ravens and we are not separated by much. Just a lot of Good AFC qbs and teams.

In my opinion, bengals can’t squander this. Win is the only option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote:  In my opinion, bengals can’t squander this.  Win is the only option.

And it's a good thing Burrow already knows this. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Is anyone else just "at peace" with everything and the season (win or lose Sunday) that we've had?

I'm not at peace at all with win or lose on Sunday. I've been a fan since 1968. I remember the suffering feeling from the two Super Bowl losses more than I remember the games, and in particular the 1989 Super Bowl, after the terrific 1988 season.

I always wanted to win a Super Bowl before I died. Fifty years as a fan and never know whether or not will ever see winning a Super Bowl. Lived through all the Steeler's championships and Giants and even Jets.. So, in my mind, this has to be the year.
Reply/Quote
I think I'm always at peace when it comes to watching sports. :lol: It's a game and it's entertainment. Do I want the Bengals to win? Of course. Do I hope they win? Of course. Like someone said above, just look at Marino. It's really hard to win it all in the NFL so hopefully they do it now. And being so hard to make the Superbowl (let alone win it) is also what makes me just enjoy the moment and enjoy the ride that this season and offseason has been.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:57 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think I'm always at peace when it comes to watching sports. LOL It's a game and it's entertainment. Do I want the Bengals to win? Of course. Do I hope they win? Of course. Like someone said above, just look at Marino. It's really hard to win it all in the NFL so hopefully they do it now. And being so hard to make the Superbowl (let alone win it) is also what makes me just enjoy the moment and enjoy the ride that this season and offseason has been.

Bengals Steelers 2016 playoff game I was anything but peaceful. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 12:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals Steelers 2016 playoff game I was anything but peaceful. 

A SB win would be awesome! It would feel like my team won it too.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 11:02 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was watching "Man in the Arena" with Tom Brady last night and I couldn't help but draw parallels from his second season in the league to Joe Burrows second season in the league. Tom came out of nowhere to lead the Pats to a Super Bowl in his second season and the actually ended up beating the Rams in the Super Bowl. It was considered one of the biggest upsets/surprise runs in Super Bowl history.

Aside from being a basket case the last 20 minutes of the Chefs game, I've been at peace as well.

I just want Sunday to come; not that I'm anxious, but I've always HATED bye weeks for the reason that there's nothing going on.

Jamarr's media day was awful; just terrible questions and the vid on YT had ads EVERY 2 MINUTES. 1/5 through Ceej's so far and it's been superb.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

I feel pretty much the same, though I wasn't really anxious about the LV game, either.  We were the better team and Zac doesn't seem to have Marvin's "choke in big games" gene.  The Titans and KC were icing on the cake.  I'm not overly stressed about the SB because we are well ahead of where I thought we would be this year.  It's still important to win it because there's no guarantees we make it back in the near future, but I have a lot of confidence in this group going forward.
Reply/Quote
I want them to win, and I expect them to! Call me greedy, but I want the Bengals to win every Lombardi ever produced from this year onward.

With that said, this season has been amazing. It is such a surreal feeling to know we are in the Superbowl!
Reply/Quote
I'll be at peace no matter the outcome. I'm certainly not nervous about the game. Though the sense of relief and fulfillment with a win would be immensely gratifying, I won't be down in the dumps with a loss. Obviously our window is wide open, and I'll be concerned for each opportunity we miss moving forward if we don't capitalize here.
Reply/Quote

It is a weird feeling, it is a great feeling but it is weird that I also was only really nervous in the Raiders game. We HAD to get 
that monkey off our back. Once that was done I thought the sky was the limit and here we are. The Rams have all the pressure
on them in this Superbowl, we hardly have any in my opinion. We can just have fun and if we pull it off? Great, SB Champs!!!

The Rams traded all kinds of picks and their future away for this shot. The have to win now. Kind of the same thing with the 
Chiefs last week, they had to win now with the best roster they will maybe ever have cause with Mahomes contract they won't
be able to afford that good of a roster again. The Chiefs had to win and still couldn't pull it off against us.

The Rams better come to play and not be overlooking us cause of our bad OL...

We can still win this game even with our bad OL against their top front. We can make up for our weakness, we saw it against
the Titans who just owned our OL and we still won. That was a great game to prepare us for the Rams. Yes, I am at peace 
going into this Superbowl. Win or lose, the future is crazy bright for our Cincinnati Bengals.
Reply/Quote