Poll: Has your opinion of the ZT hire changed?
Better
Same
Worse
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post SB opinion
Saw a poll on a Paul Dehner Jr tweet asking if anyone's opinion of ZT has changed since the SB. Personally I was never all that high on him to begin with and the poor performance by the Rams in the passing game did nothing to boost my confidence any.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:38 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Saw a poll on a Paul Dehner Jr tweet asking if anyone's opinion of ZT has changed since the SB. Personally I was never all that high on him to begin with and the poor performance by the Rams in the passing game did nothing to boost my confidence any.

Waldron is the Rams Passing game coordinator.  Goff looked lost.  Not his finest game.  I don't know how much of that you can place on Taylor.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is a little concerning after watching Geoff perform tonight. Seems Taylor has the good ole Marvin Lewis team prep before a big game thing down. But then again the QB is young nervous not sure how much Taylor could have helped that. I'm still exited we're getting a young offensive minded coach. Besides can't forget they were in the SB at least.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:38 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Saw a poll on a Paul Dehner Jr tweet asking if anyone's opinion of ZT has changed since the SB. Personally I was never all that high on him to begin with and the poor performance by the Rams in the passing game did nothing to boost my confidence any.

Yep, if there was ever team that doesn't need a coach who has been apart of a winning organization, and has learned from Sean McVay it's the Bengals.  Am I right?
Reply/Quote
Goff started looking a bit shell shocked after taking so many hits. Led to him making dumb decisions that led to more hits, like holding onto the ball and heading for the sideline to lose 2 yards and take a big hit rather than throw it away, keep the 2 yards, and don't get hit.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
1st- Bill Belichick is the greatest coach of all time
2nd- Goff missed 2 td throws, they actually started getting things going towards the end but a crappy holding call and a couple of missed throws derailed those drives, I don't think you can put missed throws on a coach.
Reply/Quote
Taylor was a unknown commodity before this game and that has not changed. We are getting a new coach from the offensive side of the ball like most of us wanted. As far as the game the Rams just got out played by a hall of fame QB and coach. All eyes on the future Who-Dey.
Reply/Quote
I voted worse. No adjustments made in the second half or moral. This is not a good way to start a new head coach job.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:04 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted worse. No adjustments made in the second half or moral. This is not a good way to start a new head coach job.

QB coach is not in charge of making adjustments. If you want to blame someone, it’s on McVay.

Reply/Quote
People need to chill out lol
Reply/Quote
I think people are over reacting about this. What was the strength of the Rams coming into this game...The Oline. BB somehow always finds a way to take on the other teams strength head on and make it a non factor or in this case a weakness. I hate NE but give me a coach that had pretty much no say in game time decisions in a SB over a coach that can't win a playoff game any day. Hell Marvin couldn't even win most prime time, 4:00, And Pitt games either.

No second guessing this new coach over Marvin at all. Marvin got this team to be competitive but that's about it. Period. We have to be all in with this new coach. I think he will be fine.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:42 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I think people are over reacting about this. What was the strength of the Rams coming into this game...The Oline. BB somehow always finds a way to take on the other teams strength head on and make it a non factor or in this case a weakness. I hate NE but give me a coach that had pretty much no say in game time decisions in a SB over a coach that can't win a playoff game any day. Hell Marvin couldn't even win most prime time, 4:00, And Pitt games either.

No second guessing this new coach over Marvin at all. Marvin got this team to be competitive but that's about it. Period. We have to be all in with this new coach. I think he will be fine.

Their DL is usually a strength too. NE OL did a great job keeping Donald and Suh at bay for the most part.

Reply/Quote
Im still exited for some fresh blood in Cincy. The Patriots just know how to game plan better. Their Oline coach is the best there is. New England had the best pass blocking efficiency in the NFL so I expected Brady to stay clean. What stuck out was a comment during the game. The Pats attacked the line of scrimmage at an angle on defense to disrupt the Rams blocking scheme. It was a simple adjustment that the Rams couldn't recover from. Belichick just finds this stuff out. I can't blame the QB coach for the oline not changing their blocking scheme
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:46 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Waldron is the Rams Passing game coordinator.  Goff looked lost.  Not his finest game.  I don't know how much of that you can place on Taylor.  

Besides Bellichick is known for bewildering QBs, especially, young inexperienced ones.  Hail he use to give Peyton Manning fits when NE and Indy where both in the AFC East.  I can't really hold it against Goff that BB gave him fits in his first ever Superbowl. 
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 01:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their DL is usually a strength too. NE OL did a great job keeping Donald and Suh at bay for the most part.

Yea, I hate NE but it's just because they win. Even with deflate-gate and other questionable tactics you still have to put BB & Brady at the top of the list of best coach/QB duo ever. Probably best ever at their craft alone also. The only thing that makes me pause when crowning them, mostly Brady is how much the rules of today's NFL have impacted the record books.
Reply/Quote
No change in opinion here. ZT will be in town today to sign and our future begins now. It’s going to be exciting and fun to watch.

Reply/Quote

No.  The game last night was very simple, both lines were dominated by the Patriots, period.  The Rams were not used to that this year and Goff look shell-shocked.... and rightfully so he was taking a beating at times.

Dalton deals with this basically every game so Taylor is actually picking up some experience in this area.

I'm more concerned with who we get to be DC.
Reply/Quote
People pretend that if the Rams had performed better on offense and/or won Super Bowl 53 that Taylor would magically deliver the Lombardi to Cincinnati. I hate to say it, but here it goes. Marvin Lewis. 2000 Ravens. He turned us around, but where did we go in all reality? No where. Gave us some good games, but c’mon man. 16 years. Being a part of a SB winning staff means nothing. I’m not saying it can’t mean anything, but it proves nothing being a coordinator till you’ve shown what you can do as HC.

Wait and see what happens. We have no clue as to how much influence Taylor had on the offensive game plan. I’m sure he had input, but Waldron is the passing coordinator. And Goff choked. It’s a learning curve for a young team that played against without a doubt the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Some may argue that, but BB and Brady have been a powerhouse since early 2000’s. Did the Rams play poorly or did the Patriots just dominate?

With that said, I’m looking forward to the official word. I don’t have one worried bone in my body about the outcome of this game and how it looks on Taylor. We will see.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:57 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: 1st- Bill Belichick is the greatest coach of all time
2nd- Goff missed 2 td throws, they actually started getting things going towards the end but a crappy holding call and a couple of missed throws derailed those drives, I don't think you can put missed throws on a coach.

One of those throws was perfectly placed, but the receiver's left arm was being held.

(02-04-2019, 01:04 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted worse. No adjustments made in the second half or moral. This is not a good way to start a new head coach job.

I don't know which game you watched, but they moved the ball much better in the second half than the first.  Besides, none of that is on Taylor since he doesn't call the plays.
Reply/Quote
New England’s secondary played the best game I’ve ever seen defensive backs play. The Rams never had a chance to complete a pass over fifteen yards.
Reply/Quote