Poll: Has your opinion of the ZT hire changed?
Better
Same
Worse
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post SB opinion
Some of you guys are forgetting this young team and coaching staff were playing against the greatest head coach all time. If you were expecting the Rams to out coach the Patriots, wasn't going to happen. This guy has a 6-3 SB record for a reason.

Think about it unless they win a SB the Pats season is considered a complete failure. If the Bengals won 2 playoff games there would probably be a parade downtown.

Its all in perspective. Im excited to see this new coaching staff and feel for the first time in over a decade we can go somewhere....patience. Not going to happen right away but ready for another ride!
Reply/Quote
Lol people are so weird. He's the QB coach on the team against the Patriots in the Superbowl who had the best defensive game in probably the history of the franchise. Sure blame ZT

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
My opinion is "Better".

The Bengals hired Marvin Lewis, who had a Super Bowl Ring because of one of the best Defenses to ever take the field.
Zac Taylor will be coming to the Bengals without a Super Bowl Ring but coached in the Super Bowl. Now he wants one really bad.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:29 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: New England’s secondary played the best game I’ve ever seen defensive backs play. The Rams never had a chance to complete a pass over fifteen yards.

Actually, Cooks had a 24 yarder, but yeah, the Pats DB’s (especially Gilmore) were awesome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor doesn't call plays. McVay does. It doesn't change my opinion at all. Why would it? He isn't running the show in LA.

McVay even said he was out-coached by BB. You want to blame someone? Blame the head coach/offensive play caller. Not the QB coach.

Some people will never be happy. The guy hasn't coached a single snap for the Bengals and people are already bitching and moaning.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 12:57 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: 1st- Bill Belichick is the greatest coach of all time
2nd- Goff missed 2 td throws, they actually started getting things going towards the end but a crappy holding call and a couple of missed throws derailed those drives, I don't think you can put missed throws on a coach.

Goff had a really good throw go right through Brandin Cook's hands. Before the game at the party, they asked me my opinion of what would happen. I told them the Patriots would try to stop the run, put the pressure of Goff, and the game depended on whether or not he could handle it, and I didn't think he was ready yet. That's pretty much what happened, they would have probably had a better chance with Andy Dalton under center. I did like when McVay said he was out coached, what a class act. I would have liked to have heard Marvin Lewis say that just once! And you're right Belichick and scheme ws the difference maker in this one.
Reply/Quote
I voted better as i got to this poll late and heard that he not only coached the QB but he worked with Kupp and the young Receivers there. Kupp was having a great year before he got injured and Reynolds looked pretty good yesterday. Taylor will know who to bring in as WR coach and hopefully they can get the best out of Ross which could be great if he lives up to his potential.

Use Ross like Cooks. Lazor nor Zamp knew how to use Ross.
Reply/Quote
It was one game against the GOAT Head Coach. Doesn't change the fact that the Rams won 26 games over the last 2 years, including playoffs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:35 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Goff had a really good throw go right through Brandin Cook's hands. Before the game at the party, they asked me my opinion of what would happen. I told them the Patriots would try to stop the run, put the pressure of Goff, and the game depended on whether or not he could handle it, and I didn't think he was ready yet. That's pretty much what happened, they would have probably had a better chance with Andy Dalton under center. I did like when McVay said he was out coached, what a class act. I would have liked to have heard Marvin Lewis say that just once! And you're right Belichick and scheme ws the difference maker in this one.

I agree and i heard that the Belicheck and the Pats were putting in double calls on Defense so McVay couldn't read the Defense and Goff had to try which he just wasn't ready to do. Dalton can read Defenses, i am excited to see what Dalton can do under a similar type of scheme cause he is smart and experienced.
Reply/Quote
This thread is hilarious. What about that performance can you blame on zac. Hes not the coordinator. He doesnt call the plays. I can see people saying goffs performance since zac is qb coach. The rams line last night looked like bengals line. Pats had no pass rush all year and then last night they are all of a sudden unblockable. The pressure and not being able to run the ball just killed the rams.
Reply/Quote
well he lost in the superbowl... Is that somehow less good than losing on the way to the superbowl? I mean if we would have still wanted him when the news first broke and the rams were in the bye week...

I don't see how winning a nfc championship hurts anyones confidence...

We all knew NE was gonna win that sb BB vs a 2nd year QB....
Reply/Quote
The local ESPN radio guys here in Houston are extremely sharp and pointed out something.  New England had spent the majority of the year (90% of plays) in man coverage.  They played no man to man the entire game.  The Rams didn't adjust.  Goff was confused.  Being so early in his career Goff was easy to flummox, and my guess is the Rams could not switch gears to adjust easily especially with an early career QB.

McVay isn't dumb.  He knew what NE was doing.  I don't think he could adjust because beating Zone wasn't in the game plan and Goff doesn't have the experience or football IQ to completely switch schemes in the middle of a game.

You go to war with the soldiers you have, and I see this as McVay getting completely out coached, but also not having a QB that could adjust on the fly.  First part is truth, second is speculation, but based upon the fact that McVay had to know what was going on and didn't adjust....probably because he couldn't.

See this article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/04/how-bill-belichick-outcoached-sean-mcvay-super-bowl-liii/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0eadf8335819
Reply/Quote
The SB loss? Incredible learning experience for our new HC, one that will make him a better coach. Aside from the glory and the ring and all that, a loss might be more valuable for a young coach.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 09:21 PM)McC Wrote: The SB loss?  Incredible learning experience for our new HC, one that will make him a better coach.  Aside from the glory and the ring and all that, a loss might be more valuable for a young coach.

Now his on the same level of this franchise... Hes been to a Superbowl and knows the feeling of losing.    Time to wash that taste out of all our mouths.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 03:37 PM)Stewy Wrote: The local ESPN radio guys here in Houston are extremely sharp and pointed out something.  New England had spent the majority of the year (90% of plays) in man coverage.  They played no man to man the entire game.  The Rams didn't adjust.  Goff was confused.  Being so early in his career Goff was easy to flummox, and my guess is the Rams could not switch gears to adjust easily especially with an early career QB.

McVay isn't dumb.  He knew what NE was doing.  I don't think he could adjust because beating Zone wasn't in the game plan and Goff doesn't have the experience or football IQ to completely switch schemes in the middle of a game.

You go to war with the soldiers you have, and I see this as McVay getting completely out coached, but also not having a QB that could adjust on the fly.  First part is truth, second is speculation, but based upon the fact that McVay had to know what was going on and didn't adjust....probably because he couldn't.

See this article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/02/04/how-bill-belichick-outcoached-sean-mcvay-super-bowl-liii/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0eadf8335819

Thanks for this, makes sense.
Reply/Quote
I believe ZT will be a great addition and he has much better to work with here with AD vs Goff, Goff was lost and they have struggled offensively since Cooper Kupp went down with a season ending injury. Kupp was killing teams late last year and started off right where he left off.
Whit did his job good on the OL, but the other guys not so much. BB is a master for a reason and he showed it last night by neutralizing the Rams OL and keeping their DL in check for most of the game.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well he lost in the superbowl... Is that somehow less good than losing on the way to the superbowl?  I mean if we would have still wanted him when the news first broke and the rams were in the bye week...

I don't see how winning a nfc championship hurts anyones confidence...

We all knew NE was gonna win that sb  BB vs a 2nd year QB....

Exactly. Btw, John Fox and others at ESPN think this is a silly overreaction. 

You're not hiring Taylor based on how the Rams played in the Super Bowl. You're hiring him because he was part of an coaching staff that turned around a long dormant franchise and made them SB contenders. You're hiring him because you think he has the right vision to guide a football team to great success...which the Rams had, regardless of the SB outcome.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote