Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Superbowl, Pre-Free Agency Random Questionnaire
(02-18-2016, 12:03 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: 12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be?
Stanley.  When he gets mad people know it.  He is SICK and TIRED of losing in the playoffs.  Don't you know?

[Image: tumblr_lrfwoxBdv21qlim3w.png]

Cincinnati winning in the playoffs? DID I STUTTER?!
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 12:51 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I feel like we're all kind of spinning our tires this time of the offseason.  Eagerly waiting free agency and the draft, but don't have all that much to discuss that hasn't already been beaten to death.  So I figured I'd offered up a random questionnaire to do something a little different.  Here ya go....

1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season. A+ first half, C second half. Solid B for season

2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season? Yes but definitely noose is tightening

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season. Equally feel exact same. Believe Bengals are a serious contender if remaining relatively healthy.

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you? Eiffert 

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment?  Hands down Jeremy Hill

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it? In a New York minute but nothing less than early 2nd

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)? Coin flip between Iloka and Jones, you choose.

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk. Tate and Pac Man 

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem? No, but fear unjustly the NFL is about to make it one  

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall? Leon Hall but fine with both departing

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it? Hard to argue with results. Yet not all are so successful at same plan. 

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be?  Never seen it.

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner? Tip of the day. Never fry bacon naked.

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason. Josh Norman but he is certainly going nowhere. So Janoris Jenkins is my second choice. But would not hate the LBers others have suggested. 

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)? Season no, but if key players remain available for playoffs then yes and more than 1 playoff win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
For those that didn't get the Kevin Bacon question, it's because Katie Blackburn kinda looks like Kevin Bacon. (Sorry, I tried to insert a few humorous questions to lighten the mood)

[Image: 062500blackburn.jpg]

[Image: Kevin-Bacon-Tremors.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 03:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: [Image: tumblr_lrfwoxBdv21qlim3w.png]

Cincinnati winning in the playoffs? DID I STUTTER?!

Bravo.  Well done, sir. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 04:45 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For those that didn't get the Kevin Bacon question, it's because Katie Blackburn kinda looks like Kevin Bacon.  (Sorry, I tried to insert a few humorous questions to lighten the mood)

[Image: 062500blackburn.jpg]

[Image: Kevin-Bacon-Tremors.jpg?w=720&cdnnode=1]

Went over my head. Thanks for explaining and fine with Katie giving it a whirl.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2016, 12:51 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I feel like we're all kind of spinning our tires this time of the offseason.  Eagerly waiting free agency and the draft, but don't have all that much to discuss that hasn't already been beaten to death.  So I figured I'd offered up a random questionnaire to do something a little different.  Here ya go....

1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season. B

2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season? No, I guess we gotta see if he can get to 0-8.

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season. Equally

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you? Hard not to go with Eifert. I wasn't a fan of the pick, but he completely showed his worth this season.

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment?Jeremy Hill. I mean I was so stoked for our running game this year and it was awful

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it? *Daniel Bryan voice* YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)? George Iloka

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk. Brandon Tate

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem? Yes and no. He plays reckless which leads to health problems and a lot of penalties. However, we've been bullied by these kinds of players on the Steelers and Ravens for a long time. Now we finally have a player like that and it pisses other teams/fans off.

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall?Pacman, although Leon has been one of my favorite defenders since he showed up.

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it? Hmm....they won a Lombardi, right? Then yeah, absolutely worth it.

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be? Has to be Stanley.

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner? More than Mike Brown as an owner.

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason. Danny Trevathan. Although he's so popular around here that if he busts somewhere else, all the anti-FA will cream their pants.

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)? No, probably 10-6 or 11-5. I'm not predicting how the postseason will go since this team finds every way to break our hearts.

Done
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season. B

2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season? No.

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season.

Equal. Just need to play better.

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you?

I will go with AJ Green. He's an amazing athlete to watch. Always pleasantly surprised by what that man can do.

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment?

Marvin Lewis and FO. Sick of losing in the playoffs. Rather we deserve to be there or not, getting 7 shots and crapping out all of them is completely disheartening. 

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it?

No. Cheap, young, good backup QB that knows your system now? I'll pass.

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)?

Jones. We could address safety in FA, draft or in house. Marv is a great compliment to AJ.

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk.

Tate easily.

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem?

Yes. If the 3 game suspension isn't proof enough, what is? They have it out for him which makes it a problem for us. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall?

Tough..... Leon seems like he's really lost a step, and Pac has alot of "swag" they feed off of. 

Pacman

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it?

Would love to see them make a splash, but we all know that's not gonna happen. 

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be?

Don't watch. Can I say Bruce Willis?

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner?

Only if he renames the team Bacon Bits. 

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason.

Danny Trevathan. Please oh please.

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)?
I certainly hope so. But yes, we do. That will be a PO win. Tho 13 wins with our schedule is not out of the question.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season. B up to mid season, C- by end of season. D- in Playoff game.
2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season? Absolutely NOT. But I hate the thought of an internal promotion for some asst. to HC.

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season. Less to the point that I may not be a Bengal fan any longer...

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you? McCarron. Eifert I expected to do well.

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment? Hill,

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it? No... Not high enough. He showed what he can do... well, kind of.

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)? Very fast LB. O.r do you mean which FA to keep? If that, then Safety and Marvin Jones

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk. Great player for Bengals but Hall is on his last legs.

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem? Since he wasn't drafted, Marvin should have kicked some sense into him by now, so YES

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall? Pacman with a short leash (or noose)

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it? It made their defense pretty tough. But I think coaching did more. It would for the Bengals too.

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be? Stupid question, sorry.

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner? N/A

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason. A Center who can block.

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)? NO! Team will fold in crunch time...Thank you Marvy!
Reply/Quote

1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season. B  Can't be a C (made playoffs), can't be an A (one and done again).

2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season? Yes

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season. About the same, could easily drop if we don't resign a few of our best FA guys.

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you? Dalton, I just didn't think he had it in him to be a top 10 QB.

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment? Jeremy Hill, like WTF happened to his running?

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it? Probably not as would have to replace him in the draft and likely have to rely on that draft pick for a game or two. So, do you really want a rookie QB playing? And what round pick would you have to use on a QB to get one you believed in? If you end up spending a 4th round pick on another QB, then you've only moved up two rounds for McCarron and that's not really good enough. He's worth more than that to the Bengals

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)? Hum, that's a tough one. On first thought I'd say Iloka, but he's likely going to cost a lot of cap space and could prevent us from resigning two other guys. So I'm going to say Marvin Jones closely followed by Adam Jones.

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk. Easy, Tate. I don't care that Marvin Lewis likes him. I think his returns from 9 yards deep in the end zone suck.

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem? Only to the Steelers, so no.

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall? Pacman

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it? Yes, they won and that's the point. One and done just isn't the point at all, although I'm sure some people are going to list all the reasons why it is the point.

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be? Have never watched The Office.

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner? No opinion

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason. Bolden

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)? No f'n idea.

Rock On

Reply/Quote

1.) Assign a grade for the team's overall performance this season.  B

2.) In your opinion, should Marvin be back for next season? Yes

3.) This exact point this off-season vs last off-season:  Are you more confident, less confident, or equally confident going into the upcoming season.  Equally

4.) Who was this year's most pleasant surprise for you?  Dalton

5.) Who was the biggest disappointment?  Hill

6.) The Bengals are offered a top half of the round, 2nd round pick for AJ McCarron.  Do you take it?  I'd have to say No.  We know what we have and we need a backup to Dalton if he gets injured or doesn't sign his contract.

7.) Biggest free agent priority (in house)?  Either Iloka or Marvin Jones.  Probably in that order. 

8.) Free agent that you want to see walk.   Andre Smith.

9.) Vontaze Burfict:  Is his style of play a problem?  Yes and No.  I think the league is biased given other player's shenanigans.  This makes it a problem.

10.) You can only keep one: Pacman or Leon Hall?  Pacman.  Leon's contract is too high.

11.) Denver's free agency approach these last few years, worth it?  Seems to be, but I don't think that would work for the Bengals.

12.) If you could any cast member from The Office to this team who would it be?  I don't watch it.  So, I don't know the characters.

13.) Are you excited that Kevin Bacon will one day be our owner?  I like Bacon.

14.) Name one "name" free agent you would like to see signed this offseason.  Martellius Bennett would be a good addition.

15.) Do we do better next year than we did this year (either more wins and/or playoff win)?  I think we win one playoff game.  Is that "better"?  

Boom.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote