Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Post draft, who is your surprise vet that gets cut?
(05-03-2021, 12:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No way Mike Daniels Gio gets the ax.  He brings so much to the locker room and talks so highly of the coach and stuff publicly.  I guess if he were cut it would be a super surprise for me.

Fixed that for you
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No way Mike Daniels gets the ax.  He brings so much to the locker room and talks so highly of the coach and stuff publicly.  I guess if he were cut it would be a super surprise for me.

if hes not Top 4 at DT there is way.  no thats not likely but possible

Not a lot of vested vets left..... lol
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Quite possible and it will be very telling how Wren and Tupou look when camp starts...

Something a bit shocking when I looked at it:

Wren cap hit:
2021 - $950k
2022 - $1.135 mill

Tupou cap hit:
2021 - $1.12 mill

I didn't realize they were basically making the same money now.

Neither has played since 2019, and Tupou was the far more productive of the two (27 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 FF vs 8 tackles).

I know Tupou is only here for this year whereas Wren has two years left, but I'd keep Tupou over Wren. If the organization chose to move on from both in order to keep both Hubert and Kareem, I'd be ok with it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No mention of Xavier Su'a Filo yet. Is that because that wouldn't be a surprise?
Reply/Quote
at this point the only Surprise would be Huber or our Long snapper. having a hard time to thinking of players that have been here longer than 5 years
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 12:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: My fear is they will cut someone like Phillips which to me would be a total WTF move.

I could see them cutting someone like Phillips too.  They brought in multiple DB's and moved him down the chart for playing time.  

I could very easily see them letting him go. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 01:50 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: No mention of Xavier Su'a Filo yet. Is that because that wouldn't be a surprise?

Could be a good one, but given he's one of the better proven pass blockers, I doubt it.

Given that Pollack drafted Price, would a surprise cut be...Hopkins?
What if Pollack decided to roll with Price as the starting C with Hill backing him up?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh, c'mon, you exaggerate a thousand times more than anyone in the history of the universe.

Fred quit fighting with your dad Grandpahol and put him to bed.
Reply/Quote
The cool thing is we dont have a veteran cut worthy of a surprise.

All of our veterans should have been traded 2-3 seasons ago. Finally gone this last season.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:39 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Quite possible and it will be very telling how Wren and Tupou look when camp starts...

I think they are both in danger of being cut simply because as the team struggled to field a defensive line last year, both were sitting on the couch. I'm just gonna guess there's probably some hard feelings over that.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 01:50 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: No mention of Xavier Su'a Filo yet. Is that because that wouldn't be a surprise?

It's because he's not getting cut. He may be moved back on the depth chart, but he's in no danger of being cut.
Reply/Quote
Michael Jordan, Price, Tupou
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 10:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think they are both in danger of being cut simply because as the team struggled to field a defensive line last year, both were sitting on the couch. I'm just gonna guess there's probably some hard feelings over that.

Well, Wren was injured VERY early, but Tupou's opt out could possibly have done that given the loss of Billings in FA and Wren to the aforementioned injury. 
Reply/Quote
Price or Hopkins (if the knee hasn't healed enough).

I don't think Hopkins isn't really that great of a center anyway, but he's the best we've got and he will make $6.2 million this year.
Price needs the camp of his life to avoid being cut I think. 3 years in and he really has to show something. I don't think it happens but maybe Pollack turns him around. I hope so.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
At DT, my understanding is that it looks like this:

NT: Reader; Tupou/Shelvin
3T: Ojunjobi; Daniels, Wren

I think Tupou is in the top 4 in terms of talent, but I doubt we keep 3 NTs, as that is a two-down spot. Shelvin is going nowhere. Does McKenzie play both spots?

DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, Sample; Kareem

Last year, there was almost no poaching if PS types due to COVID, that probably changes some this year.

I think Kareem could be on the bubble, but a FA would need to take the spot. Akinmoladun & Bledsoe did not shine particularly bright.
Reply/Quote
Samaje Perine
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Price maybe depending on how Hills performs in pre season and health of Hopkins
Reply/Quote
I think the likely suspects have been named but the D line last year was nearly as bad as the O line and got shredded on running plays.

They didn't draft the rookies DLs to cut them given last year's performance.

The edge guy they picked in the 7th round might surprise but probably goes to taxi squad.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2021, 01:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: At DT, my understanding is that it looks like this:

NT: Reader; Tupou/Shelvin
3T: Ojunjobi; Daniels, Wren

I think Tupou is in the top 4 in terms of talent, but I doubt we keep 3 NTs, as that is a two-down spot. Shelvin is going nowhere. Does McKenzie play both spots?

DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard; Ossai, Sample; Kareem

Last year, there was almost no poaching if PS types due to COVID, that probably changes some this year.

I think Kareem could be on the bubble, but a FA would need to take the spot. Akinmoladun & Bledsoe did not shine particularly bright.

Depends how much they like Hubert.
Hubert was able to sack the QB more in college than Kareem was, putting up 20 sacks compared to Kareem's 13.
They're both similar style players though, kinda lacking some athleticism but should be decent in the run game.
Hubert would likely have an extra year under contract at this point compared to Kareem, and also will be cheaper.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 12:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: No way Mike Daniels gets the ax.  He brings so much to the locker room and talks so highly of the coach and stuff publicly.  I guess if he were cut it would be a super surprise for me.

Maybe. I was just picking him as a Surprise Cut.

If someone like Renell Wren comes in with his talent/age and tears up training camp I can see the Bengals keeping him over Daniels. That's something I would rather see happen too...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote