Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post game radio comments
So I was listening to Alan cutler hosting the post game radio and a few things stood out to me. John Ross patiently, respectfully and professionally answered each question that came his way. He owned his fumble.

Dre Kirkpatrick was being asked repeatedly about the offense, and while he refused to point fingers you could hear the frustration in his voice.

The highlight was aj green. He was pissed. He was talking about how much work he had put in during the off season. I found it interesting that he didn't point anyone else's offseason work. He repeatedly said the bengals need to get the ball to their playmakers. I hope zampese was listening.

Then again, I hope zampese is fired today. And Alexander too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They need a players only private meeting and just let it all out
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Marvin has lost this team. I'm sure it's starting to get ugly in that locker room.

Reply/Quote
The Alan Cutler post game show $ u cks........it's like a broken record......why they can't do a live post game with analysis is beyond me........yes the player interviews are nice but we don't need a complete recap of the game we all just watched/listened to
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Lance's assessment seems pretty accurate.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-09-14-well-the-bengals-are-0-2-and-in-major-trouble/?cmd=managed_social

Quote:The Bengals are 0-2 ....at home....and have not scored a TD in two games. Say that out loud.
They have won 6 of last 19 games they have played, including the playoff loss to Pittsburgh.
The Bengals won't admit this...but here are two truths:
1. Ken Zampse should be removed as offensive coordinator
2. There is now a legitimate QB debate on this team.

Read more: http://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-09-14-well-the-bengals-are-0-2-and-in-major-trouble/?cmd=managed_social#ixzz4skO2OQOG

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lance's assessment seems pretty accurate.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-09-14-well-the-bengals-are-0-2-and-in-major-trouble/?cmd=managed_social

While I don't believe AJM is an answer, it might be time to give him a look.  Andy is going backwards.  When he does have guys open, which is rare, he can't hit them.   The season is shot anyway.  Why not mix it up?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Play Driskel......**** it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:57 AM)McC Wrote: While I don't believe AJM is an answer, it might be time to give him a look.  Andy is going backwards.  When he does have guys open, which is rare, he can't hit them.   The season is shot anyway.  Why not mix it up?

Marvin knows he is coaching for his job and so he doesn't care about the future when he has to think about now. What is scary about that is he must really have no faith in AJ based on Dalton's play in games. AJ was really bad reportedly during camp in practice and we saw his struggles in games. I honestly wonder if Driskel was healthy if he would get a crack behind this bad O line before AJ.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:57 AM)McC Wrote: While I don't believe AJM is an answer, it might be time to give him a look.  Andy is going backwards.  When he does have guys open, which is rare, he can't hit them.   The season is shot anyway.  Why not mix it up?

I believe that most fans of the team, weather they be Andy supporters or detractors, must have had to notice that Andy's success has always been conditional. 

One of the major conditions to him having a good game, is getting off to a fast start.  Seldom have we seen the offense play in a funk for the majority of the game, and then see Andy "catch fire' and uplift the rest of the offense. 

Another key factor is the supporting cast.  While never having the "perfect" OL in front of him (Center position has been poor every season), he has had the benefit of some very good OLs protecting for him.  Now, in his 7th season, saddled with a poor OL, he looks more flustered than a nerdy kid on his first date. 

Lastly, for the first 5 seasons of his career, Andy was blessed with the benefit of a couple of the better Offensive Coordinators in the game.  Jay and then Hue were very creative in designing game plans to exploit Andy's strengths and mitigate his shortcomings at the same time.

So yes, I tend to agree with you, that maybe it is time to get AJ McCarron into the game.  At this point, the team doesn't have anything to lose, and only to gain.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Driskel can run, at least he's fun to watch. This offense is not fun at all, the Defense is worthy of winning games so far.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:53 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Driskel can run, at least he's fun to watch. This offense is not fun at all, the Defense is worthy of winning games so far.

I'm with you. **** Dalton and noodle arm McCarron.....lets get Driskel in there.  At least it'll be fun to watch a loss.  The defense is one of the best units in the league.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I believe that most fans of the team, weather they be Andy supporters or detractors, must have had to notice that Andy's success has always been conditional. 

One of the major conditions to him having a good game, is getting off to a fast start.  Seldom have we seen the offense play in a funk for the majority of the game, and then see Andy "catch fire' and uplift the rest of the offense. 

Another key factor is the supporting cast.  While never having the "perfect" OL in front of him (Center position has been poor every season), he has had the benefit of some very good OLs protecting for him.  Now, in his 7th season, saddled with a poor OL, he looks more flustered than a nerdy kid on his first date. 

Lastly, for the first 5 seasons of his career, Andy was blessed with the benefit of a couple of the better Offensive Coordinators in the game.  Jay and then Hue were very creative in designing game plans to exploit Andy's strengths and mitigate his shortcomings at the same time.

So yes, I tend to agree with you, that maybe it is time to get AJ McCarron into the game.  At this point, the team doesn't have anything to lose, and only to gain.  

Well said.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:53 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Driskel can run, at least he's fun to watch. This offense is not fun at all, the Defense is worthy of winning games so far.

Special Teams played really well last night too. It's literally just the offense holding this team back. 

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm with you. **** Dalton and noodle arm McCarron.....lets get Driskel in there.  At least it'll be fun to watch a loss.
The defense is one of the best units in the league.

Idk if I'd go that far yet. We haven't played a legit offense in the first couple games. 

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lance's assessment seems pretty accurate.

My main problem is it almost seems cruel to fix the OC problem, and then also bench Dalton, because then the comparison will be Dalton + Trash OC vs McCarron + (Presumably) Good OC.

It's like giving one NASCAR driver a Prius and when he fails to win races, you bench him and, but give the other NASCAR driver an actual competitive car.

I'm 99% sure it's a Zampese problem (Dalton was looking really good before he took over) but if you're going to give McCarron a chance, go with him under Zampese.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My main problem is it almost seems cruel to fix the OC problem, and then also bench Dalton, because then the comparison will be Dalton + Trash OC vs McCarron + (Presumably) Good OC.

It's like giving one NASCAR driver a Prius and when he fails to win races, you bench him and, but give the other NASCAR driver an actual competitive car.

I'm 99% sure it's a Zampese problem (Dalton was looking really good before he took over) but if you're going to give McCarron a chance, go with him under Zampese.

I agree... Its like simple troubleshooting.. try 1 thing at a time. otherwise you don't know which fixed the problem.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk if I'd go that far yet. We haven't played a legit offense in the first couple games. 

That is true....but they have done what they should against those teams, and they're young.  They cleaned up their miscues from game 1, and look to be improving weekly.  I still say it's a top 10-12 unit.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My main problem is it almost seems cruel to fix the OC problem, and then also bench Dalton, because then the comparison will be Dalton + Trash OC vs McCarron + (Presumably) Good OC.

Agreed. We saw this offense click for five years.....now it's shit.  A lot of it is Zampese, a big part of it is the line, and a small part is Dalton not playing the best.

Reply/Quote
It seems pretty clear to me. Dalton isn't the problem. The O line is trash. The running game is non existent, and the OC is incompetent. Tom Brady couldn't succeed in this situation; let alone AJM.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
When your a QB and your center gets thrown back into your face on most passing downs, it takes a toll on you after three years.

I remember people calling for Anderson's scalp the year before he took us to the Super bowl.

I remember people calling for Boomer's scalp and he left only to come back and play an  amazing level the last year he played.

No QB in the NFL would perform well with our current offensive line.

Why Paul Alexander is still employed, why Bodine is still our center, why they let Whit walk to be replaced by Og, why we did not draft an o linemen this year after what we watched all last year- all questions that defy explanation.
Reply/Quote