Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post game radio comments
(09-15-2017, 10:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: That is true....but they have done what they should against those teams, and they're young.  They cleaned up their miscues from game 1, and look to be improving weekly.  I still say it's a top 10-12 unit.

Definitely looking good. And Burfict coming back will make them even better. I'm not sure Watson runs for that TD if 55 is out there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Did anyone else see Dalton walk away from Zampese when he was talking last night?

It was later in the 2nd half.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:28 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Did anyone else see Dalton walk away from Zampese when he was talking last night?

It was later in the 2nd half.

I did not, but I would love to see a video of that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely looking good. And Burfict coming back will make them even better. I'm not sure Watson runs for that TD if 55 is out there.

That whole play was a total sh*t show.

Of course Collinsworth was gushing about Watson instead of pointing out such poor technique and lack of effort on the Bengals too.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I did not, but I would love to see a video of that.

He looked like he was ignoring him.
Reply/Quote
The thing that was upsetting me was the lack of usage of Eifert carrying over from the Ravens game into the first half of last night's game.

I do believe he was kept closer to the O-line to help block...  he missed at least one of those blocks too.

I know JJ Watt is the reasoning behind this... but c'mon.  Tyler is one of the best weapons on the offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:39 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The thing that was upsetting me was the lack of usage of Eifert carrying over from the Ravens game into the first half of last night's game.

I do believe he was kept closer to the O-line to help block...  he missed at least one of those blocks too.

I know JJ Watt is the reasoning behind this... but c'mon.  Tyler is one of the best weapons on the offense.

I think Eifert's knee issues are effecting him more than the Bengals have let on.

That said, if Eifert doesn't step out of bounds for absolutely no reason, Dalton/Bengals would have a passing TD and Eifert would have finished the game with at least 4 catches/54 yards/1 TD. That's better than he averaged in his big '15 season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
AJ did admit that he lost the ball in the lights on one of Dalton's throws that would have been a long completion.

Reply/Quote
I'd like to see AJ Mac out there. I think once the game is finished and he's been sacked 9 times, then people will see what the true problem is on this team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd like to see AJ Mac out there. I think once the game is finished and he's been sacked 9 times, then people will see what the true problem is on this team.

That is actually a good idea. Let AJ get killed then we can be done with that discussion and focus on the real issue in unity.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm with you. **** Dalton and noodle arm McCarron.....lets get Driskel in there.  At least it'll be fun to watch a loss.  The defense is one of the best units in the league.

I don't often disagree with you, but I'm not so sure this is that great a defense.  They're better than the offense, but they have gone up against two of the league's worst offenses. 

We have some great players (Geno, Burfict and Jones) and some up and comers (Willis and Lawson).   Everyone else is middling and have big holes in their game.  

Vigil is great moving laterally (coverage, getting to the ball and drag down tackling).   Vertically (hitting the gap and tackling) he sucks - whiffs almost every time and cannot shed.   Our dbs range from good (Jones) to players who cannot cover tightly, take poor angles (Dennard), can't tackle (Dre) or are dedicated to stupid friendly fire (Williams).  None of them can fight off a block - must be the worst group in the league at that. 

We got pressure on the Texans frequently.  And should have.  They are the 2nd worse outfit in the league next to us without their best player.  But we could not stop the run when it counted for the 2nd week in a row.   The scoring run from Watson was a disgrace.   He's just not that fast or nifty.  He did, however, totally outplay his veteran counterpart.

The team as a whole is a bad team.  And it's hard to identify how much of that is bad coaching (a lot I'd say) and how much are just players who are over rated.

If it's me I'd can Marvin, Alexander and Zampeze right now, promote Guenther to acting head coach and Urban to OC.

Then I'd beg/ pay - whatever it takes - Jim McNally, Munoz, big Willie and Tom House to come in here and straighten our O Line and QB out.

Then if I'm Katie I'd start making a list of who will be available in the offseason for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff - unless the temporary staff kills it.

I could not read what Dunlap wrote about complacency.   But this team needs a shake up now.    It does not need to settle down more.

The time for platitudes, excuses and Tylenol is done.  Time for major surgery.
Reply/Quote
I've long been a Dalton apologist, but..

He's shell shocked. In complete panic mode on every passing play. He needs to sir, perhaps for his own good. He looks terrible. Blaming the line for some of these passes is just a cop out
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 11:23 AM)3wt Wrote: I don't often disagree with you, but I'm not so sure this is that great a defense.  They're better than the offense, but they have gone up against two of the league's worst offenses. 

We have some great players (Geno, Burfict and Jones) and some up and comers (Willis and Lawson).   Everyone else is middling and have big holes in their game.  

Vigil is great moving laterally (coverage, getting to the ball and drag down tackling).   Vertically (hitting the gap and tackling) he sucks - whiffs almost every time and cannot shed.   Our dbs range from good (Jones) to players who cannot cover tightly, take poor angles (Dennard), can't tackle (Dre) or are dedicated to stupid friendly fire (Williams).  None of them can fight off a block - must be the worst group in the league at that. 

We got pressure on the Texans frequently.  And should have.  They are the 2nd worse outfit in the league next to us without their best player.  But we could not stop the run when it counted for the 2nd week in a row.   The scoring run from Watson was a disgrace.   He's just not that fast or nifty.  He did, however, totally outplay his veteran counterpart.

The team as a whole is a bad team.  And it's hard to identify how much of that is bad coaching (a lot I'd say) and how much are just players who are over rated.

If it's me I'd can Marvin, Alexander and Zampeze right now, promote Guenther to acting head coach and Urban to OC.

Then I'd beg/ pay - whatever it takes - Jim McNally, Munoz, big Willie and Tom House to come in here and straighten our O Line and QB out.

Then if I'm Katie I'd start making a list of who will be available in the offseason for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff - unless the temporary staff kills it.

I could not read what Dunlap wrote about complacency.   But this team needs a shake up now.    It does not need to settle down more.

The time for platitudes, excuses and Tylenol is done.  Time for major surgery.

I agree with a whole lot of this.  That said, like Collinsworth said, there is a lot of poor tackling league wide because guys don't wrap up anymore, they just look for the kill shot.  I realize we haven't faced any offensive juggernauts, but the defense has done what it's supposed to do to a lesser team.  We just can't score.  I think they've played good football, they are very young, and they've done it without that nasty mfer at LB.  They'll be instantly better when 55 returns.  I still see them as a top 10-12 unit.  I could be wrong, time will tell.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Zampese is definitely the biggest problem here. No imagination, predictable play calls, and not using all the weapons is unacceptable.

Dalton is also at fault. Offensive Line or not, he missed open receivers and stalled drives with his misses. Not to mention the picks and overthrowing Core twice against the Ravens. These throws are not even close either. Two weeks in a row on 4th down he has overthrown the receiver. I mean, you have to at least give them a chance to continue the drive, right?

Obviously, Marvin is at fault too. But he won't be replaced at this point in the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 10:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My main problem is it almost seems cruel to fix the OC problem, and then also bench Dalton, because then the comparison will be Dalton + Trash OC vs McCarron + (Presumably) Good OC.

It's like giving one NASCAR driver a Prius and when he fails to win races, you bench him and, but give the other NASCAR driver an actual competitive car.

I'm 99% sure it's a Zampese problem (Dalton was looking really good before he took over) but if you're going to give McCarron a chance, go with him under Zampese.

Of course.  Now, you did notice that I made that post early this morning, before the news of Zampeze's firing was announce, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote