Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post game speech
http://www.nfl.com/share/10103061-7033-0000-0057-4394d4a29c83?campaign=social-share

Gave Marvin they game ball for being the first team in the history of the AFCN and AFCC to go 8-0. Pretty cool stuff
Reply/Quote
Gotta love the fellowship and family like atmosphere.
Reply/Quote
Good Stuff
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Nice!
Reply/Quote
Says a lot for how tough it is to win in this division. Congrats to Marvin and the entire team. That's quite an accomplishment!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I'm generally a Marvin supporter and loved the clip of some well-deserved recognition, as well as just the team being so happy. Even so, every single speech I hear from Marvin to me is actually a buzzkill, demotivating, uninspiring moment. Seems to be some sort of mix of boring narration and cautionary tone. He just is not a great speaker and lacks fire. Is it just me? Doesn't matter when you're 8-0 I guess Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:09 AM)Psycholomonkey Wrote: I'm generally a Marvin supporter and loved the clip of some well-deserved recognition, as well as just the team being so happy.  Even so, every single speech I hear from Marvin to me is actually a buzzkill, demotivating, uninspiring moment.  Seems to be some sort of mix of boring narration and cautionary tone.  He just is not a great speaker and lacks fire.  Is it just me? Doesn't matter when you're 8-0 I guess  Wink

Ever hear a belechick speech?

Gus Bradley was all 'rawraw we're awesome' after their rare wins, then they get bulldozed the next week. Carroll is maybe the best at motivating his troops.

That said, I'm just glad he didn't go Marvin boilerplate with the "I told you it was gonna be a grind" speech, that's gotta get old.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 06:09 AM)Psycholomonkey Wrote: I'm generally a Marvin supporter and loved the clip of some well-deserved recognition, as well as just the team being so happy.  Even so, every single speech I hear from Marvin to me is actually a buzzkill, demotivating, uninspiring moment.  Seems to be some sort of mix of boring narration and cautionary tone.  He just is not a great speaker and lacks fire.  Is it just me? Doesn't matter when you're 8-0 I guess  Wink

It's just you.  There are many different ways to lead people, "Lacks Fire" doesn't translate to demotivating or uninspiring.  When you put people into a position to succeed, and they do, you earn respect and thus become a great leader because people believe in you.  It's all about Trust.

Tony Dunge won a Super Bowl and he's probably one of the most soft spoken people to ever coach in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I love it. Just keep shoveling, plowing, digging, climbing, or whatever analogy you want to make. This team isn't going to lose focus on the ultimate prize, the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote

Marvin is not trying to get the players excited for the next three hours.  He is reminding them of how they got here, and what they need to do to keep on winning.  

Their excitement comes from winning and knowing that what they are doing is their best road to a championship.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:18 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Ever hear a belechick speech?

Gus Bradley was all 'rawraw we're awesome' after their rare wins, then they get bulldozed the next week. Carroll is maybe the best at motivating his troops.

That said, I'm just glad he didn't go Marvin boilerplate with the "I told you it was gonna be a grind" speech, that's gotta get old.

Pete Carroll? 

More like the Harbaughs.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

It's definitely you, and even if everyone in this forum agreed WITH you, it doesn't matter, because it makes absolutely no difference how anyone else perceives his speeches, except the guys in that locker room.
Reply/Quote
Push Marv around George.
Reply/Quote
You see how pumped and happy everyone was to be doing the Who-Dey chant at the end?!

I don't even think I've seen fans be that into it!

Everyone loves being on the team, everyone is loving the ride, and everyone is prepared to keep working their tails off to keep it going!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 04:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's definitely you, and even if everyone in this forum agreed WITH you, it doesn't matter, because it makes absolutely no difference how anyone else perceives his speeches, except the guys in that locker room.

Agreed, if they like it then I like it.  Truly wanted a discussion not an argument and this helps me maybe see it more positively.  I still do not see it but do not have to.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:38 AM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Marvin is not trying to get the players excited for the next three hours.  He is reminding them of how they got here, and what they need to do to keep on winning.  

Their excitement comes from winning and knowing that what they are doing is their best road to a championship.  

Good point that it was post game, however for the record the one that sticks out in my mind most as de-motivating was a halftime speech.  Thanks for the input.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 09:18 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Ever hear a belechick speech?

Not familiar with any of those examples, but will check them out maybe.  You sort of see what I am saying, those speeches about grinding are a decent example. 

I feel like I am filling up the thread with replies now, someone tell me if that is bad etiquette.  Just appreciate the answers as I want to know other opinions, not trying to force mine down anyone's throat.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 07:07 PM)Psycholomonkey Wrote: Not familiar with any of those examples, but will check them out maybe.  You sort of see what I am saying, those speeches about grinding are a decent example. 

I feel like I am filling up the thread with replies now, someone tell me if that is bad etiquette.  Just appreciate the answers as I want to know other opinions, not trying to force mine down anyone's throat.  

Post away, that's what the boards are for.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
Marvin is being himself. A steady eddy.

Just like the team is... They don't play on emotion. They are steady
Reply/Quote