Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post senior bowl mock
I'm just trying to be real. How often do the Bengals really trade their picks and move up and down to draft board? I wish people would not get our hopes up with these dream scenario drafts that the Bengals would never do.

I understand the pain. There are so many holes in the Cincinnati Bengals team a person go crazy on draft needs.

Instead of trading down for Billy Price they should stay put and draft Tremaine Edmunds. I would hope that Isaiah Wynn or Hernandez could play center. I think Redman can play good guard. But it doesn't matter what I think because they're going to retain Bodine so the offense lines going to suck no matter who we get.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 02:06 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I'm just trying to be real. How often do the Bengals really trade their picks and move up and down to draft board? I wish people would not get our hopes up with these dream scenario drafts that the Bengals would never do.

I understand the pain. There are so many holes in the Cincinnati Bengals team a person go crazy on draft needs.

Instead of trading down for Billy Price they should stay put and draft Tremaine Edmunds. I would hope that Isaiah Wynn or Hernandez could play center. I think Redman can play good guard. But it doesn't matter what I think because they're going to retain Bodine so the offense lines going to suck no matter who we get.

Dr. Feel good, you ain’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 02:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah but I always try to make it realistic.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 02:19 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Dr. Feel good, you ain’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry man, I feel the pain though.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Rankins is another spread offense OT. His job is to get in the way of defenders and is never asked to move them off the line.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 05:02 AM)pledgi Wrote: I love the players you picked, but the scenario is very unlikely as well as the idea of taking five O-lineman in the first four rounds.  
True. But I want boling to move on at end of contract so took cappa bc he needs a year to sit/learn coming from division 2.
(01-30-2018, 11:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: But you didn't mention a critical point of the Texans-Browns trade...
A first-round pick in the next year is about the equivalent of a second-round pick of this year because 1) the team receiving the future pick has to wait another year to use it instead of being able to use it in the current draft, and 2) there is a gamble of what slot that pick will be. That uncertainty and delay is why it's considered about the same value as the next round of the current year.

And the point differential between HOU and CLE was about the equivalent of 150 points or less.
You are proposing a point differential of 264 points. That's still "way overpaying" in my book.
Now if you changed it to 21 OR 22 and a 2019 first rounder, that would seem more realistic to me.
U get it. It is a little wacky. But as I said for a qb teams tend to overpay in value chart. But I did this mock specifically if Baker Mayfield is there at 12 which I believe he will be. For Baker I think bills would do that.
(01-30-2018, 01:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Aside from thinking the trade values are wonky, I would support this mock if it came to fruition.
I'm a bit suspect of Jordan Whitehead being available all the way to the 6th round, but Derron Smith was projected by many to be a 2nd-or-3rd round prospect and fell to the Bengals in the 6th in 2015 so I guess it could happen. Plus, I see Whitehead's projection anywhere from round 2 to 5.

I assume based on the fact you selected five OL in the first four rounds that four of them would start (along with Boling) and the last as depth?
What would be the OL depth chart given all these OL picks?
In some earlier mocks I was fine with Whitehead in the second. He's good. But he's not getting love. I mean Elliot still getting mainly 3rd round love and he's much better than Whitehead. So that's why I put him at 6th. As far as oline I would put interior as Hernandez, price, boling, with Wynn ranking ogbuehi Fisher battling it out for the tackle spots. Or put Wynn inside and biking outside. My dream line would be Rankin Hernandez price Wynn boling. Cappa needs to sit for a year.
(01-30-2018, 03:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Rankins is another spread offense OT. His job is to get in the way of defenders and is never asked to move them off the line.
Watch his Miami tape. Much more than a spread ot. Moves them off the line. Plays biggest since biggest games. He's everything u want in a ot.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 09:20 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Trey Adams head and shoulders above the rest. Next year's ot class is gonna be amazing. But anyways I don't really have a top ot. I wouldn't touch mcg with a 10 foot pole. Brown is a purely rt but I worry about his foot speed a lot. Cw is the same worry for me. Kolton miller is massively over hyped. Such a weak ot class  but I think my top tackle is  Martina's Rankin he's just solid in everything he does and plays the best in the biggest games.

(01-25-2018, 07:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Jamarco Jones can play rt or left tackle but he fixes those last couple technical issues he'll be a top 5 left tackle in the league. And tackle depth next year is great. Which is why I say interior oline this year, tackles high next year.

(10-24-2017, 08:08 PM)Jpoore Wrote: mcglichey leaves something to be desired in the running game(motor questions) but in pass pro, he's on a pedestal all his own. We should draft mcglichey or Williams, jaarco Jones, and bully price along with a rg we're all set.

You're all over the place. We should take McGlinchy, he's on a pedestal all his own in pass pro, but you wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Connor Williams is a top 10 pick and a day 3 prospect.

Jamarco Jones can be a top 5 tackle in the NFL, but Rankins is your top OT?

Let me guess, you wrote all that before watching the tape?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 12:48 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're all over the place. We should take McGlinchy, he's on a pedestal all his own in pass pro, but you wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Connor Williams is a top 10 pick and a day 3 prospect.

Jamarco Jones can be a top 5 tackle in the NFL, but Rankins is your top OT?

Let me guess, you wrote all that before watching the tape?

Instead of just trolling maybe u could listen and actually learn something. Mcg is good in pass pro but not good in run blocking which I stated. What I feel and what the experts feel on cw are 2 different things. Jamarco Jones CAN be a top 5-7 left tackle if he fixes his technical issues as I've stated from day 1 but Rankin is my top tackle coming out of the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 07:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Instead of just trolling maybe u could listen and actually learn something. Mcg is good in pass pro but not good in run blocking which I stated. What I feel and what the experts feel on cw are 2 different things. Jamarco Jones CAN be a top 5-7 left tackle if he fixes his technical issues as I've stated from day 1 but Rankin is my top tackle coming out of the draft.

This is what you wrote to explain your about face on Conner Williams:

(01-16-2018, 05:29 PM)Jpoore Wrote: What I think doesn't matter. People think he had a great end of year and they'll draft him. At tackle he'll be an above average tackle. at guard he'll be better.

So you're just repeating what the "experts" have to say. The same experts you tell others not to listen to.

I am learning. I'm learning stuff like Baker Mayfield isn't any good and you would take Malik Jefferson over Tremaine Edmunds in the second round. But, those were uninformed opinions before you watched the tape.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 07:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Instead of just trolling maybe u could listen and actually learn something. Mcg is good in pass pro but not good in run blocking which I stated. What I feel and what the experts feel on cw are 2 different things. Jamarco Jones CAN be a top 5-7 left tackle if he fixes his technical issues as I've stated from day 1 but Rankin is my top tackle coming out of the draft.

Isn't that the 100% opposite of reality?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 11:13 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Watch his Miami tape. Much more than a spread ot. Moves them off the line. Plays biggest since biggest games. He's everything u want in a ot.

Unless Michigan State changed up their blocking scheme for one game I doubt it. MSU runs predominantly outside zone they flow laterally to create inside runs.

Edit: Also MSU didn't play Miami in 2017 or 2016...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Isn't that the 100% opposite of reality?

Check out some more Jpoore jems:

(01-17-2018, 04:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Which is what 90 percent of pass rushers in the NFL have. Im gonna go back and rewatch the biggest games, but my first impression wasn't great. If he couldn't do great against leverage speed rushers, what makes u thinking he'll do well against much more talented rushers in the NFL?
Well this is my point. I guess. If I want a amazing run blocking tackle that can also hold up against all pass rushers, I'm taking Orlando brown over mcg. Mcg just has to many questions marks and struggled in the biggest games in pass pro. Brown didn't. And if u draft mcg ur putting him at rt and hoping to iron out the issues. Which I fairness we have a good oline coach now. I'm not trusting mcg to protect his blindside anymore than ogbuehi. Maybe 3rd rounder was a little too hard he'd probably be a second rounder next year bc u have the next whitworth coming out next year in Trey Adams.but bottom line is I don't think he can hold up against the pass rushers in the NFL. Myles Garrett, takk.mccinley, von mileer, etc. I think he'd get eaten alive. So if we're going overall, I'll take brown over mcg.

According to Jpoore, McGlinchey both excels and struggles at pass protection.

(01-01-2018, 07:43 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Lots of options. If Derwin James falls he's the obvious pick. Yes we need oline but go oline rest of way. This year's draft guards that would normally go in the second will go in the late 4thbearly 5th. That's how insanely deep the interior oline is. James helps us out on very position in DEFENSE besides dt. If he's gone then id go raquan smith. If he's gone, then it's not popular but courtland Sutton. If they're all gone trade down a few spots and grab price.
Mcglichey is a horrible ot. He's a day 3 talent imo. Better suited as a guard, but his body style can't play inside. That Williams article was written before he came back healthy and proved everyone wrong. I want Williams but as a guard. Think he'd be a many time all pro at guard. He'd still be a good tackle.

Because everybody knows you always move offensive lineman who are on a pedestal all their own at pass protection, but struggle with run blocking to guard.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:30 AM)Synric Wrote: Unless Michigan State changed up their blocking scheme for one game I doubt it. MSU runs predominantly outside zone they flow laterally to create inside runs.

Unless he means Miami of Ohio, but I'm not sure...

(01-31-2018, 02:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Check out some more Jpoore jems:

According to Jpoore, McGlinchey both excels and struggles at pass protection.

Because everybody knows you always move offensive lineman who are on a pedestal all their own at pass protection, but struggle with run blocking to guard.

*sigh*

Foot inserted into mouth repeatedly...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

This is absolutely false.
pff Wrote:McGlinchey makes the team on the back of a dominant performance as a run blocker where his 94.1 grade was far and away the nation’s top mark.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2017-pff-all-american-team

The above highlights the run-blocking grade. His pass-blocking was behind his run-blocking, but he still ended up the highest-graded OT in 2017 at 90.6 overall grade.
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/950487611520495617/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.diehards.com%2Fnotre-dame%2Fnotre-dame-lt-mike-mcglinchey-best-tackle-college-football-year
[url=https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2017-pff-all-american-team][/url]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hmm, if we could only veer this guy back to his Q&A thread, so that he can give us his scouting reports that he offered to do. Perhaps seeing his thought processes in action might validate his claim to "amateur scout" status? Tongue

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 07:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, if we could only veer this guy back to his Q&A thread, so that he can give us his scouting reports that he offered to do. Perhaps seeing his thought processes in action might validate his claim to "amateur scout" status? Tongue

He is working on them. Big promotion and all.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is absolutely false.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2017-pff-all-american-team

The above highlights the run-blocking grade. His pass-blocking was behind his run-blocking, but he still ended up the highest-graded OT in 2017 at 90.6 overall grade.
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/950487611520495617/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.diehards.com%2Fnotre-dame%2Fnotre-dame-lt-mike-mcglinchey-best-tackle-college-football-year
[url=https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/2017-pff-all-american-team][/url]

Hijacking the thread lol.

What I like most about McGlinchey and Nelson is that they come from that Fighting Irish system. Their pff rating is even more impressive when you take that into account.

Notre Dame is straight up vertical blocking they move people off the line which is something I want to see more of in Cincy. I think both those guys fit Frank Pollacks interior zone scheme. Between the two even though Nelson is rated and ranked higher tackle to me is the bigger need.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Isn't that the 100% opposite of reality?
Not in my opinion. I think he does have some struggles with pass pro but not as much as some think. I do think he'll struggle against the run. He never pushed ppl back.
(01-31-2018, 11:30 AM)Synric Wrote: Unless Michigan State changed up their blocking scheme for one game I doubt it. MSU runs predominantly outside zone they flow laterally to create inside runs.

Rankin dosent play for michigian state?
Reply/Quote
Really starting from worry that oncemoreintothejimbreech is gay for me as he comments on every single comment I comment on.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:50 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not in my opinion. I think he does have some struggles with pass pro but not as much as some think. I do think he'll struggle against the run. He never pushed ppl back.

Rankin dosent play for michigian state?

Yep my bad it's mississippi state, but I don't think they played Miami either. 

Reply/Quote