Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting Images
So when I post an image here, I generally right click on the image in a separate tab from the board, select Copy Image Location, then paste that address into the 'Insert An Image' button's pop up. When I hit enter I see the image in my post creation screen. Now, at some point in time things seemed to change a little bit. While I can ALWAYS see that image in my post creation screen, sometimes clicking 'Post Reply' will submit my post with several hundred lines of garbage (probably code?) instead of the image. It has actually gotten to the point that I have to click 'Preview Post' to see if it is going to work properly. And for some reason, 'Preview Post' seems to lag a bit when I use it.

Does anyone know why this happens? Have I just been posting images incorrectly all of this time?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 12:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So when I post an image here, I generally right click on the image in a separate tab from the board, select Copy Image Location, then paste that address into the 'Insert An Image' button's pop up.  When I hit enter I see the image in my post creation screen.  Now, at some point in time things seemed to change a little bit.  While I can ALWAYS see that image in my post creation screen, sometimes clicking 'Post Reply' will submit my post with several hundred lines of garbage (probably code?) instead of the image.  It has actually gotten to the point that I have to click 'Preview Post' to see if it is going to work properly.  And for some reason, 'Preview Post' seems to lag a bit when I use it.

Does anyone know why this happens?  Have I just been posting images incorrectly all of this time?

That's how I do it man.  Never had problems.  Might be some kind of copyright thing?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's an example of doing it exactly as you described, sorry, it's a fav of mine.
[Image: trump-jail.jpg?1513472229]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 12:34 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So when I post an image here, I generally right click on the image in a separate tab from the board, select Copy Image Location, then paste that address into the 'Insert An Image' button's pop up.  When I hit enter I see the image in my post creation screen.  Now, at some point in time things seemed to change a little bit.  While I can ALWAYS see that image in my post creation screen, sometimes clicking 'Post Reply' will submit my post with several hundred lines of garbage (probably code?) instead of the image.  It has actually gotten to the point that I have to click 'Preview Post' to see if it is going to work properly.  And for some reason, 'Preview Post' seems to lag a bit when I use it.

Does anyone know why this happens?  Have I just been posting images incorrectly all of this time?

I have experienced similar.  So, what I do now is save the image to my pictures on my computer.  Then when posting, I select "choose file", next to add attachment near bottom of post screen.  Then, over on the bottom Right, click "add attachment".  You have to have at least 2 characters of text typed for an attachment to work. (I frequently type two dots if I only want to add a picture only)  Be sure to preview post before actually posting, to insure that image did indeed attach.

Seems like walking all the way around to the back side of the barn to get to the hay, but it's a reliable method.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You guys must have some kind of mod related dementia. Posting pics here is easier than anywhere I've ever seen. For Christ's sake, these people look up to you, step up! Ninja
[Image: 51NMuF7zUFL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 07:26 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You guys must have some kind of mod related dementia.  Posting pics here is easier than anywhere I've ever seen.  For Christ's sake, these people look up to you, step up!   Ninja
[Image: 51NMuF7zUFL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

Those guys are idiots.

They even spelled stoopid wrong on their shirts!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 08:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Those guys are idiots.

They even spelled stoopid wrong on their shirts!

I rest my case.
Reply/Quote
google made things harder thats for sure.
Reply/Quote
Testing

Want to make sure I can post pics from the draft next month.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 04:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Testing

Want to make sure I can post pics from the draft next month.

I can see it.
Reply/Quote
Something's up with my images too. Never had an issue until recently. Like TT said, this forum is the easiest to post pics on I've been a part of. Until the last year or so. Hell, my outdated sig doesn't even show up anymore.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote