Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting issue
So I keep experiencing an issue where my post does not contain anything I've typed. It may or may not have a quote in it, but the quote does show up. I have to click EDIT and re-enter the content. Any ideas what could be going on???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I keep experiencing an issue where my post does not contain anything I've typed.  It may or may not have a quote in it, but the quote does show up.  I have to click EDIT and re-enter the content.  Any ideas what could be going on???

I hope someone can answer this for you.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I keep experiencing an issue where my post does not contain anything I've typed. It may or may not have a quote in it, but the quote does show up. I have to click EDIT and re-enter the content. Any ideas what could be going on???

Same thing happened to me. I now hit the "quote" button and rather than hitting the "new reply" button I come down to the text box and select "quote these posts now." We must be doing something wrong.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So I keep experiencing an issue where my post does not contain anything I've typed.  It may or may not have a quote in it, but the quote does show up.  I have to click EDIT and re-enter the content.  Any ideas what could be going on???

(05-13-2015, 11:04 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I hope someone can answer this for you.

(05-13-2015, 11:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same thing happened to me.  I now hit the "quote" button and rather than hitting the "new reply" button I come down to the text box and select "quote these posts now."  We must be doing something wrong.

I had similar issues. For those familiar with the old board, think of the new quote button as the old multi-quote.

If you're quoting someone, trying using the quote, then scroll to the bottom to the "New Post" button. If you're quoting multiple people, click the quote for each post and then the "New Post" button.

Hope this helps. If not, bear with us.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2015, 11:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Same thing happened to me.  I now hit the "quote" button and rather than hitting the "new reply" button I come down to the text box and select "quote these posts now."  We must be doing something wrong.
I think it happened just hitting "reply" also, but I don't know that I hit "new reply"
(05-14-2015, 12:15 AM)Benton Wrote: I had similar issues. For those familiar with the old board, think of the new quote button as the old multi-quote.

If you're quoting someone, trying using the quote, then scroll to the bottom to the "New Post" button. If you're quoting multiple people, click the quote for each post and then the "New Post" button.

If you can read these, it worked! And I would absolutely bear with y'all on this if it is a board issue, as miracles have already been worked to have this thing up so quickly. Gotta expect a few bugs, no biggie!
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 12:15 AM)Benton Wrote: I had similar issues. For those familiar with the old board, think of the new quote button as the old multi-quote.

Thank you! (that explains why I had blank posts..)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thank you!  (that explains why I had blank posts..)

Trying this to see if this works for me.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
I have a question, about the mechanics of how this board operates. Is there any way to put a "first new" button, so that a thread will jump to the first unread post? And likewise, a "top" button at the bottom end of a post page that will jump to the top of the page?

I know next to nothing, in terms of IT, code, or anything intricate about computers. Any tips you can offer would be most helpful.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote