Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired
(10-03-2019, 11:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Bill Belichick's first season as HC of the Patriots, he started off 0-4 on the way to a 5-11 record. Keep in mind, this wasn't his first HC job. His first season ever as HC, he started off 2-2, but the Browns ended up only going 6-10.

Andy Reid's first season as HC of the Eagles, he started off 0-4 on the way to a a 5-11 record.

I'm not going through every HC's first season, as I'm sure there are some who started off pretty good (I think McVay went 3-1 in his first 4 games). The point being that 2 of the greatest HCs in the league today started off pretty poorly. It's not that uncommon considering that most teams with new HCs, have new HCs, 'cause the previous ones led their teams to losing records.

I'm als0 not saying that Taylor will turn into the next Belichick but God damn, give the man a chance before starting a stupid ass thread about who could replace him. This thread is as stupid as trying to figure out who the Bengals will draft in the 6th round of the 2021 draft.

This team isn't finishing 5-11. We'll be lucky if us fans get to see 2 victories this season, and we'll have suffer through some very embarrassing losses to see 2 victories.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 07:24 PM)BengalChris Wrote: This team isn't finishing 5-11. We'll be lucky if us fans get to see 2 victories this season, and we'll have suffer through some very embarrassing losses to see 2 victories.

Could you imagine if someone compared Dave Shula to Bill Belicheck?

Didn't Dave Shula coincidentally start 3 or 4-0?
Reply/Quote
Jim Tressel, Urban Meyer......
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 07:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Could you imagine if someone compared Dave Shula to Bill Belicheck?

Didn't Dave Shula coincidentally start 3 or 4-0?

2-2, 2 wins to start and finished 5-11 I believe.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 07:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jim Tressel, Urban Meyer......

As our next coach, we'll hire someone who knows those guys I'm sure. But, NOT those guys.
Reply/Quote
Idiotic post.
Reply/Quote
A random mfer from OTR? Hey, we took them to play on our 90's teams.

But seriously, we ride Zach until MB ruins him, or ZT outlasts the incompetence. It's the best we can hope for.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize we are just talking for the sake of talking (what else can we do, really?) so I don't mind even the most hyperbolic of scenarios to be analyzed and bs-ed about.  With that being said, there is probably a happy medium between the "ZT IS GONNA TURN THIS TEAM AROUND" before the season started and the debate between "ZT IS A BUM AND CANT COACH" versus "THIS TEAM HAS 0 TALENT AND NO ONE CAN WIN HERE!"

But that's fandom for ya.  Personally, I think we can stick with ZT for a few years because the guy is going to be in over his head and learn on the job...plus he is the HC for the Bengals and they set him up to fail.

See that's the biggest problem.

They did set ZT up to fail.

Whether they knew this was a transition period for the team and skillfully did so(strongly doubt it)knowing next season he'd revamp a lot, or the ineptitude and chronic bad luck that their famous for(more likely)made his HC debut sink.

Same stuff different season.

Reward some mediocre/bad/injured players with head scratching contracts. Fail miserably at FA by way of lazy approach.  Strike out on holes trying to fix with the draft.

That's why people are knee jerk reacting about 4 games lost into the season.  That New Dey seems like a load of crap and ZT is someone to take it out on whether deserving or not.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 08:26 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: See that's the biggest problem.

They did set ZT up to fail.

Whether they knew this was a transition period for the team and skillfully did so(strongly doubt it)knowing next season he'd revamp a lot, or the ineptitude and chronic bad luck that their famous for(more likely)made his HC debut sink.

Same7 stuff different season.

Reward some mediocre/bad/injured players with head scratching contracts. Fail miserably at FA by way of lazy approach.  Strike out on holes trying to fix with the draft.

That's why people are knee jerk reacting about 4 games lost into the season.  That New Dey seems like a load of crap and ZT is someone to take it out on whether deserving or not.

Indeed. Likely he wasnt ready to be a HC. Not his fault they hired him any more than management letting Marvin stay so long.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a bit premature to put this list together, but lets start to create a list:

Bob Fredricks - He's the passing game coordinator for the Fort Sumner Middle School offense. Their passing offense was ranked last in the conference when he took over. He's managed to boost their rankings to next to last now. He brings a high flying, innovative approach to the game. There's a soundclip of him charismatically firing his players up before a game saying 'Let's gain some yards through the air!!!' His team then responded with a 175 yard aerial assault on the Ligonier Alligators in a scrimmage.

Cons - He doesn't have much experience. He was the 6th grade girls volleyball coach the previous season. 2 Years before that he was a high school math teacher and golf coach. He was fired as golf coach, but reports say he didn't have much talent on the team.

What candidates do you have?  Sarcasm

Marvin was here for 14 years and made questionable decisions. He never was fired. ZT been here for only 8 months. He isn’t going anywhere. I thought he didn’t have the experience and wasn’t thrilled with the hire. Regardless he is here for at least five years. This is a stupid thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
With Jay Gruden fired from DC, one does have to wonder if he will be back in Cincinnati. Perhaps as OC?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm not ready to give up on Taylor. I think the dudes a winner much more than Marvin was.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Why would he be fired?

It's his first season. If this were year 3, I'd say "hell yeah, fire his ass".
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: With Jay Gruden fired from DC, one does have to wonder if he will be back in Cincinnati. Perhaps as OC?

I was thinking the same thing!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:07 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I was thinking the same thing!

Honestly, I'd welcome him back as OC. Gruden knew how to actually utilize a TE. My frustrations with Gruden as OC mainly revolved around him trying to get too fancy at times (e.g. 3rd and 1, deep pass to Green on sideline) but otherwise he was good.

In addition to that, the Bengals need to admit their mistake with Anarumo and go get Del Rio as DC.

This season is a lost season anyway, so may as well hit reset on the offensive and defensive schemes ASAP to get more time to implement something better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 10:07 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I was thinking the same thing!

So fire Taylor as OC? I think that would help.
Reply/Quote
We gotta hold onto Taylor. He inherited the worst o line in the NFL and a very mediocre at best qb who has zero touch on his throws and eyes one guy down and doesn't know how to move in the pocket. We need to give Finley a chance and see what we have at qb or draft Justin Herbert.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a bit premature to put this list together, but lets start to create a list:

Bob Fredricks - He's the passing game coordinator for the Fort Sumner Middle School offense. Their passing offense was ranked last in the conference when he took over. He's managed to boost their rankings to next to last now. He brings a high flying, innovative approach to the game. There's a soundclip of him charismatically firing his players up before a game saying 'Let's gain some yards through the air!!!' His team then responded with a 175 yard aerial assault on the Ligonier Alligators in a scrimmage.

Cons - He doesn't have much experience. He was the 6th grade girls volleyball coach the previous season. 2 Years before that he was a high school math teacher and golf coach. He was fired as golf coach, but reports say he didn't have much talent on the team.

What candidates do you have?  Sarcasm

Typical over re-action here..... Whatever
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Give him a chance.. So what the team sucks with no chance to succeed, are 0-5, have very little actual documented experience, has an inexperienced staff, couldn't find a qualified DC, calls questionable (at best) calls on offense, is owned by the football savant known as Mike Brown and blah, blah, blah.. All those blah's add up to one thing.. We're destined to go to the super bowl IF we all buy tickets and can afford the transportation there along with lodgings, food and drink. Other than all that...He's perfect. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote