Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired
He ain't getting fired! Mikey is all about loyalty and as long as ZT sticks to a regiment of perpetual Brown nosing the team will put out an honest statement outlining their full faith in Zacs ability and the willingness of the offensive line to "think about maybe trying to get better" if the price is right.  Failure to actually get better may result in the team simply blaming fans for not getting on board with the latest version of whatever Dey..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let’s see. We kept Marvin ten years too long, and the op thinks our stellar owner will make a change after one yr. LOL. Not happening, he will be here a minimum of ten years. Mikey doesn’t like to see people in the unemployment line even if they have earned it. Right now he is probably taking his lumina through the drive thru at Wendy’s and ordering a large combo because he can splurge a little knowing us idiots bought into his bullshit. I hate caring so much about a team that the ownership cares little about. I don’t know what song and dance Mikey tells these coaches, but Marvin cried talking about the love Mikey has for the players, and zac drank the koolaid as well.
Reply/Quote
I could see Zimmer coming in as the D Coordinator & Callahan's dad coming in as the new O line coach but I don't think they will can Zach at all.
Also I think the Bengals would say. we could be easily 2-2 if the ball bounced are way better ( of course if my Aunt had balls she would be my uncle) in Seattle & Buffalo. Plus no Green, Lawson, Glenn, and J Williams doesn't really have hurt the team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 02:51 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I could see Zimmer coming in as the D Coordinator & Callahan's dad coming in as the new O line coach but I don't think they will can Zach at all.
Also I think the Bengals would say.  we could be easily 2-2 if the ball bounced are way better ( of course if my Aunt had balls she would be my uncle) in Seattle & Buffalo. Plus no Green, Lawson, Glenn, and J Williams doesn't really have hurt the team.

I'd like to see Callahan and Zimmer both brought in if things continue to go off the rails.  They'd both be just what the doctor ordered for ZT.  He'd get his Wade Phillips in Zimmer, and a legit o-line coach in Callahan.  It's all but a given that Callahan will be out in Washington.  Zimmer is more of a question, but with his wagon hitched to Cousins, it's not too far fetched.  The NFC North is a brutal division, and the Vikings look like they are coming apart.
Reply/Quote
Sam Wyche:

Ex QB coach, failed college coach, started off 0-5 in Cincy. Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's the how the team played that's upsetting. Pittsburgh had a bottom 5 rush offense and bottom 5 pass offense and rush defense...and destroyed us.

The same misdirection works week after week against us.

The offense looks lost.

Yeah, and they almost won on the road against a top 5 defense. Kinda nullifies that logic, huh?

What do you expect the offense to look like when you can't hold a block for 2 seconds? I watched part of Seattle/LA last night. I saw similarities in what the Rams were doing, and what we're trying to do. The difference was the plays had time to develop for LA because they can sustain blocks. 

The fact is 3/5 of the predicted starting line has not played a down. We're starting our 3rd string LT, who is a RT by trade to begin with. The defense was shitty last year, and nothing was done personnel wise to rectify that. I don't understand how you can sit back and objectively say they're outcoached knowing all of this. Key word.... OBJECTIVELY. Pitt did something they've never done against us Monday, and we failed to adjust defensively, so they were out schemes there, and admitted as such. 

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Maybe so, but Taylor will learn that "buddies" may hinder his progress, and he must learn to cut bait in order to succeed.  This will take time to sink in however because Taylor is young, idealistic, and hopeful.  But when the teeth of reality bites harder, he will take a long look at each coaching position more objectively during the next off season.  His job will be on the line.  

Marvin didn't learn that..... Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 09:12 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Nate nails it. All of you old arse men fell for your own expectations. Reality is often disappointing.

As a younger fan, I’ve enjoyed most of the season so far, all because I get to see someone other than Marvin Lewis coach. It will only get better when the remnants of the Dalton Green era are gone, all of them. A bengals team without green dalton Atkins and Dunlap and Bernard are the best thing that can happen to the Bengals.

Meh....this old arse guy predicted 8-8. I agree though, I'm glad Marvin is gone, and hopefully we start a new direction. 

It doesn't look like 8-8 is feasible at this point, but they could still probably win 5 or 6, so I wasn't that far off. We have a team built for Marvin's 2003 NFL philosophy. It's 2019 now, a lot of these guys don't fit that mold, and some of them just outright suck. I'm not sure how people thought this was going to be an easy go with our 1st four games.

What's even MORE laughable is the ones that were calling 3 to 5 wins are crying the LOUDEST. LMAO

Reply/Quote
Taylor fired after 1 year?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

breath

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Not unless Brown sells the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 07:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, and they almost won on the road against a top 5 defense. Kinda nullifies that logic, huh?

What do you expect the offense to look like when you can't hold a block for 2 seconds? I watched part of Seattle/LA last night. I saw similarities in what the Rams were doing, and what we're trying to do. The difference was the plays had time to develop for LA because they can sustain blocks. 

The fact is 3/5 of the predicted starting line has not played a down. We're starting our 3rd string LT, who is a RT by trade to begin with. The defense was shitty last year, and nothing was done personnel wise to rectify that. I don't understand how you can sit back and objectively say they're outcoached knowing all of this. Key word.... OBJECTIVELY. Pitt did something they've never done against us Monday, and we failed to adjust defensively, so they were out schemes there, and admitted as such. 

Of course you saw similarities to the Rams offense...he copied their playbook. He just isn't a good playcalling as far as knowing when/why to call plays.

He's been a terrible OC at his past stops.
Reply/Quote
This team is so poorly managed it will be 10 years before we have another winning season. They refuse to make positive moves for the team and with piss poor front office we end up not drafting offensive lineman in round two and trading back to get drew sample. Luckily we will be drafting super high this year which is always a positive for me because I love talking draft, but I only watched 2 games this year and I saw enough to know not to watch anymore lol.

On the main topic; I think its totally feasible that he may be fired after this year if we don't win a game, which is totally possible. If they trade AJ Green and John Ross I will be a lot more optimistic, but it won't happen because we love holding on to our worthless injured turds.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 07:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh....this old arse guy predicted 8-8. I agree though, I'm glad Marvin is gone, and hopefully we start a new direction. 

It doesn't look like 8-8 is feasible at this point, but they could still probably win 5 or 6, so I wasn't that far off. We have a team built for Marvin's 2003 NFL philosophy. It's 2019 now, a lot of these guys don't fit that mold, and some of them just outright suck. I'm not sure how people thought this was going to be an easy go with our 1st four games.

What's even MORE laughable is the ones that were calling 3 to 5 wins are crying the LOUDEST. LMAO

The narrative in the offseason was that the new coaching staff would be able to come in and 'coach up' current players on the roster to get more out of them.

Now that the staff is failing miserably to do that...people are blaming management and not making offseason moves and injuries.

Is this mess all on Taylor? No. But him and his staff have certainly done nothing to make things better.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 07:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, and they almost won on the road against a top 5 defense. Kinda nullifies that logic, huh?

Only on the Bengals Board does a team not have a single 1st down in an entire half...and that game get talked about like it was some great revelation for the offense. Allen turning the ball over is basically the only thing that kept us in that game. The offense was pretty terrible most of the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 12:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The narrative in the offseason was that the new coaching staff would be able to come in and 'coach up' current players on the roster to get more out of them.

Now that the staff is failing miserably to do that...people are blaming management and not making offseason moves and injuries.

Is this mess all on Taylor? No. But him and his staff have certainly done nothing to make things better.
I agree with this.  Many thought Marvin Lewis was holding back the team and that players and others were taking advantage of him in some way sort of like Chad did years ago.  

But personally I was worried since Taylor did not have time to hire good available assistants (not that he would mine you).  I still think Sweet Lou is a question mark and Turner should be fired, buddy or not.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 01:12 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree with this.  Many thought Marvin Lewis was holding back the team and that players and others were taking advantage of him in some way sort of like Chad did years ago.  

But personally I was worried since Taylor did not have time to hire good available assistants (not that he would mine you).  I still think Sweet Lou is a question mark and Turner should be fired, buddy or not.  

Absolutely. Now that the team looks like a train wreck, some of the posters are moving the target after the arrow has already landed to make it hit.

Taylor actually did evaluate the current roster. I remember reading it. He must have thought that he could get better performance out of these guys. And we all read about the positives that he and Turner had to say about Hart. They obviously thought Preston Brown could be a good LB too.

No matter how you slice it, these guys are atleast partially responsible for this mess.

The sad truth is we've downgraded in coaching. Look at how guys like Bates look lost now.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 01:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Absolutely. Now that the team looks like a train wreck, some of the posters are moving the target after the arrow has already landed to make it hit.

Taylor actually did evaluate the current roster. I remember reading it. He must have thought that he could get better performance out of these guys. And we all read about the positives that he and Turner had to say about Hart. They obviously thought Preston Brown could be a good LB too.

No matter how you slice it, these guys are atleast partially responsible for this mess.

The sad truth is we've downgraded in coaching. Look at how guys like Bates look lost now.

Remember, Taylor is new, young, idealistic, use to be a player, can related to players as they are similar in age.  When it is proposed that Taylor has evaluated this and that and states to Mike Brown this and that; remember, his mind is still twirling from this opportunity which probably still seems like a dream (or in this case a nightmare) for him.  It is not realistic for some to expect that Taylor is at his potential at this point.  It would have been easier on him if he had some coaches with experience.  Taylor is evaluating the roster but is accepting input from other coaches.  He is the victim of poor choices in some coaches at this point.   

Cognitive distortions can last days, weeks, even months.  Reality can be an effective teacher but only when truth is acknowledged.  

Taylor is still in the honeymoon stage of a new job.  Honeymoon phases vary but usually last about 6-12 months.   The phase begins to dissipate as reality seeps in.  Taylor and some players are trying to make this work with "people in this room" mantra and I am sure they are sincere.  But there will come a time at some point Taylor will obtain an accurate assessment of team status.  It could take weeks, months for this to occur.  When his job is on the line, he will see the truth of the situation and have to make difficult decisions.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 01:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Remember, Taylor is new, young, idealistic, use to be a player, can related to players as they are similar in age.  When it is proposed that Taylor has evaluated this and that and states to Mike Brown this and that; remember, his mind is still twirling from this opportunity which probably still seems like a dream (or in this case a nightmare) for him.  It is not realistic for some to expect that Taylor is at his potential at this point.  It would have been easier on him if he had some coaches with experience.  Taylor is evaluating the roster but is accepting input from other coaches.  He is the victim of poor choices in some coaches at this point.   

Cognitive distortions can last days, weeks, even months.  Reality can be an effective teacher but only when truth is acknowledged.  

Taylor is still in the honeymoon stage of a new job.  Honeymoon phases vary but usually last about 6-12 months.   The phase begins to dissipate as reality seeps in.  Taylor and some players are trying to make this work with "people in this room" mantra and I am sure they are sincere.  But there will come a time at some point Taylor will obtain an accurate assessment of team status.  It could take weeks, months for this to occur.  When his job is on the line, he will see the truth of the situation and have to make difficult decisions.  

He's a bit naieve. I think reality hit him. He looked like a deer in headlights against the Steelers in the 2nd Half.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Only on the Bengals Board does a team not have a single 1st down in an entire half...and that game get talked about like it was some great revelation for the offense. Allen turning the ball over is basically the only thing that kept us in that game. The offense was pretty terrible most of the game.

The Bengals offense racked up 235 yards and 17 points in the 2nd half. If they did that in the first half, too, that's 470 yards of offense and 34 points. How is that "pretty terrible most of the game"? Yes, they were absolutely horrid in the 1st half. 2nd half, not even close.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 03:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The Bengals offense racked up 235 yards and 17 points in the 2nd half. If they did that in the first half, too, that's 470 yards of offense and 34 points. How is that "pretty terrible most of the game"? Yes, they were absolutely horrid in the 1st half. 2nd half, not even close.

But they didn't. They had like 50 yards in the 1st half and 0 1st downs.

You can't just play half of a game.

A loss is a loss. This board likes to rationalize things out. We lost. We didn't play good on offense for the entire game. We're 0-4.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 03:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: But they didn't. They had like 50 yards in the 1st half and 0 1st downs.

You can't just play half of a game.

A loss is a loss. This board likes to rationalize things out. We lost. We didn't play good on offense for the entire game. We're 0-4.

I don't dispute any of that except that the offense didn't play "good" for the entire game. They played well in the 2nd half. Not enough to win the game, obviously, but they objectively played well in the 2nd half. 
Reply/Quote