Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired
Would Bengals play better if we had hired the entire staff of the Pats? Probably

But the real reason for the events so far is our awful roster- not any of the coaches.

It is not Taylor's fault that we had the worst o line and worst LB group in league last year and the Brown family  management essentially did nothing substantive to address either problem.

Drafting 1 o lineman in first three rounds was not nearly enough to fix the abysmal online

Giving Hart a three year contract was the tip off that nothing creative or innovative was going to happen and that Bengals would stick with their normal path of least resistance, lets get a bargain ways.

Who is the heck made the Sample pick wasting a second rounder when we had these obvious problems with no effort to sign quality free agents in either area.

Why was Gio resigned instead of spending money n a quality fee agent lineman or LB???
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:09 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Would Bengals play better if we had hired the entire staff of the Pats? Probably

But the real reason for the events so far is our awful roster- not any of the coaches.

It is not Taylor's fault that we had the worst o line and worst LB group in league last year and the Brown family  management essentially did nothing substantive to address either problem.

Drafting 1 o lineman in first three rounds was not nearly enough to fix the abysmal online

Giving Hart a three year contract was the tip off that nothing creative or innovative was going to happen and that Bengals would stick with their normal path of least resistance, lets get a bargain ways.

Who is the heck made the Sample pick wasting a second rounder when we had these obvious problems with no effort to sign quality free agents in either area.

Why was Gio resigned instead of spending money n a quality fee agent lineman or LB???

I really could not disagree more. The Bengals have two elite and several good players. The roster is little different from last season and last season's coaches got a lot more out of it.

The primary issue is a front office that is full itself and thinks it knows what it's doing, when it actually knows little to nothing about how to win, which is witnessed by the colossal failures Mike Brown has brought the team.

But ZT knew what he was walking into, a Bengals franchise that with a micro-scouting department, an owner who gravitates to injured players in the draft because he's getting a bargain (he thinks), family members running the place with the same "think" that Mike Brown has used for decades now. The re-signing of Gio is stupid, even if it is insurance for Mixon holding out. It's really just paper insurance with little real value. In other words, the front office is fooling themselves into thinking that they are thinking ahead when, in reality, they are just making another mistake.

Marvin came in and overcame the dysfunction that is Mike Brown and put together some quality seasons.

Will ZT live up to what Marvin was able to accomplish?

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 09:56 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'm not ready to give up on Taylor. I think the dudes a winner much more than Marvin was.

Taylor has literally never won at any level. Marvin brought a SB ring with him to Cincy. Yeah, yeah, it was all Ray Lewis, but he still won as a DC.

Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden's free.
Reply/Quote
The window on this team closed the minute they let there best coach leave Mike Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
I think Bengals fans need to remind themselves that Zac Taylor has nothing to do with the past 30 years of Bengals football.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:40 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I think Bengals fans need to remind themselves that Zac Taylor has nothing to do with the past 30 years of Bengals football.

He's played a role in the last 30 days of Bengals football though... And it's been bad.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 11:52 PM)jason Wrote: He's played a role in the last 30 days of Bengals football though... And it's been bad.

What in God’s name do you expect?

Clint Boling retires. Jonah Williams and Cordy Glenn are hurt. AJ Green is hurt.

That leaves you with Andre Smith and Bobby Hart as starting edge blockers. It also leaves you without your #1 WR and #3 now that Ross is out.

We’ve lost three close games (two on the road). Should honestly be sitting at 2-3 with the worst Oline in football and without the best player on your team.

Judging Taylor this early is quite frankly, stupid and irresponsible.

Furthermore, Zac Taylor hasn’t made one excuse for anything. No wallowing, no crying. Just a let’s get em’ next week attitude. He has a resiliency that I find impressive.

I’m going to give him more time.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:09 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Why was Gio resigned instead of spending money n a quality fee agent lineman or LB???

Ugh, because Mixon is, like any RB, one play away from a season ending knee injury???????
Reply/Quote